2017 Dining Plan

If you want a Philly cheesesteak, Chickies and Pete's is the much better option

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

Wow, dining plan police...lol

Hey man, just trying to help out, haha. I guess the skyride stand is much quicker though.

I sprang for the all season dining plan this year and I don't think I'll do it again for next year, not until the food quality goes up at CP. I'm so sick of eating cold hard fries and soybean burgers. The options are just horrible and the service is just as bad. I like the food stand next to Rougaru, but every time I go by , the place is packed and lines move so slow. Food service at CP is just horrible. Waste of money in my opinion. Sorry CP, but you're lacking in this area. Big time.

Putting Melt on the dining plan next year would sell me on it. Melt is becoming one of my regular places to eat at the park.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Thabto said:
Putting Melt on the dining plan next year would sell me on it. Melt is becoming one of my regular places to eat at the park.

This wouldn't be enough for me to justify spending my hard earned cash on another dining plan. I know myself , and I would get burned out just eating at the melt every time I head out to the park. So disappointed.

I am still just amazed each visit at how bad food operations are from speed, service and quality standpoints. The park is excelling in so many other areas its just odd that the most basic of services is so lacking.

Does anyone on here work or have worked in the past for CP Food Services that could maybe lend some insight into what is the disconnect from simple customer service standards?

Is it poor management from the senior levels? Or mid managements lack of oversight? Is it just cheap food and lousy payrolls to maximize profits? And I refuse to believe that the seasonal employee basis is a valid reason for such glaringly bad operations. Sports Stadiums do this easily on a even more limited schedule seasonal basis, other amusement parks with similar schedules perform much better as well. What is it with CP? even other parks in the chain perform better.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Compared to KI, CP is a 4 star restaurant service wise in my experience. In general KI is just horrible with food lines, but food quality is similar (poor). The big difference is serving size as CP is pretty skimpy With the All Season Dinning Plan. 1 slice of pizza vs 2 at KI, one Panda entree instead of two. CP also kicks KI's butt on open drink refresh stations.

CP is gonna have to do some overhauling in the food service area if they want my money anymore. Brew and BBQ was a big letdown too. Food was not good at all.

May I recommend Chickie's & Pete's? Probably the best resteraunt in the park imo.

Chickie's and Pete's expanded dining plan options are good this year. Much improved over last year. Its a great place to eat for sure. Yes, there are definitely some food stands that need an upgrade in quality, but this is the best the all season dining plan has been so far. The Frontier Inn has great food options and they move the line pretty quick. Im probably least impressed with Coasters.

I thoroughly enjoyed Brew & BBQ. We went multiple times. The choice of beers was solid and the food was good. It was a great value for the price.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

I like the brisket sandwich with mac and cheese in CPS and the perch sandwich near Gatekeeper.

Only reason I still buy the dining plan now is because I enjoy food options at most of the other CF parks. I typically hit 2-3 additional parks every season other then CP/CPS. It's nice not having to worry about carrying cash in.

Also, Am I the only one who is generally disappointed in Chickie's and Pete's? The way people talk about it I was expecting some amazing food, and the cheese steak just seemed to be a step above high school cafeteria quality to me. This isn't limited to the CP location as I've tried it at Valleyfair as well.

Last edited by WolfBobs,

I agree with Steve, the dining plan is the best it has been and is pretty solid this year. In addition to Chickie's and Pete's expanding the menu, Johnny Rockets has an expanded menu as well. Also, very happy the brought back the perch sandwiches. Overall, I'm pleased with the food options and the food this year.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

I agree with Steve and Pete. Things are improving. They have a way to go but they are improving. So far I like the perch sandwiches, Frontier Inn and Johnny Rockets. I haven't tried Melt yet.

My wife and I have been very pleased with the improvements this year. The expanded menus at the locations mentioned above have been awesome. I do am a fan of the Perch sandwich being back.

Agree. LOVE the perch. I got it three times early in the season when it had four pieces of fish on the bun rather than two. I was amazed at the portion size! Then slightly disappointed when it dropped down to two... Too good to be true, but at least I was able to take advantage of it three times before the reduction.

Johnny Rockets expanded menu is VERY MUCH welcome. I had the grilled chicken there this past weekend and it was fabulous. I've always found Coasters chicken sandwich to be a bit dry.

I enjoyed the mac and cheese bowl and will be getting it again I'm sure. I am hopeful that Melt will be added in future seasons, but will just have to wait and see.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

We've been to the park 4 times this year and never saw the Famous Dave's sandwich shack open. Too bad, I was kinda looking forward to it since our local FD's closed this spring. And has the full scale Famous Dave's always had such early hours? We were surprised they close at 8pm.

ROUNDABOUND.

Did the park close at 8:00pm on the day you went to Famous Dave's? If so, that may be why. I'm pretty sure Famous Dave's stays open until 10:00pm on days the park is open until 10pm or later.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Shane Denmark said:
We've been to the park 4 times this year and never saw the Famous Dave's sandwich shack open. Too bad, I was kinda looking forward to it since our local FD's closed this spring. And has the full scale Famous Dave's always had such early hours? We were surprised they close at 8pm.

You're not missing much. The shack inside the park is not really all that. Overpriced for what u get. And the actual restaurant at the park is so far below standards of the restaurant in North Olmsted. Half the menu is missing.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service