2013 Platinum Pass

No prob. Can't answer as far as whether GateKeeper will be open for early entry on opening day. My guess is yes, but that's a guess. One word of caution though, just because the other rides are "open" doesn't mean they are open. Last year my son and I ran to Millennium which didn't open right away, then ran 3 trains and went down. By the time we decided to get out of line, early entry was over.

All i want to do is get in the park before the mad rush of the public and get in line for Gatekeeper. That's my plan anyway. The advantage of early entry weather Gatekeeper is open or not, as long as I can get a "leg up" to get in line I'm going to be a happy camper!! Early entry to beat the mad rush of people coming in without platinum passes is well worth it.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

If it is not open early, you will have the best spot to watch the opening ceremony and then be one of the first in line when it does open.

Let's Get Weird.

Just curious; at Kings Island this year if you have a season pass you do not need a stamp for re-entry this year. Is this in place at CP as well? I honestly don't remember from last season.

Promoter of fog.

Actually gatekeeper will not be open early. a friend of mine will be working foods and she found out from one of the managers at orientation that it won't be. I plan on going in at 9 with a platinum pass and waiting at gatekeeper, along with prob. 1000 other people :)

It's just an observation, but the count-down clock is set for the "GATE" to open at 9:30am.

So I am assuming, the 9:00am-9:30am is opening ceremony, and 1st rider auction, then early entry at 9:30am..

But who watches that countdown clock, every single day, until the "GATE" opens. anyways. :)

I too, will be waiting, hoping to get a jump on the other guest. :)

GATEKEEPER-I came, I rode, I was mildly disappointed; until a second ride (rear left) put GateKeeper back on the...it's a nice ride list.

Kevinj said:
Just curious; at Kings Island this year if you have a season pass you do not need a stamp for re-entry this year. Is this in place at CP as well? I honestly don't remember from last season.

I tried once last year because my stamp washed off from going to Soak City. The pass was denied, but the manager let me in anyway. Park operations supposedly could look up the attendance information. What is the purpose of the one entry per day limit? What happens if somebody wants to go to Wildwater Kingdom in the morning, then Cedar Point in the evening?

^It will work like that! You just cant swipe it at the same park twice in one day.

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

Well at Kings Island that policy has now changed...let's hope it's going for CP as well.

Promoter of fog.

coolkid said:
What is the purpose of the one entry per day limit?

To prevent people from abusing the system.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

I don't understand how you can abuse it, if your picture comes up when you scan it. Unless the employees aren't paying attention to the picture, which would defeat the purpose.

He didn't say the system was effective. :)

I think it's a silly limitation, and hopefully KI's new policy bodes well for CP.

Brandon

so does anyone think they will add more ride nights? no maverick ride night this year I'm kind of dis-appointed!

Last time I was a pass holder was '08, but I was able to use my platinum pass 4 times the one day. I swear a lot, and the stamp kept washing off.

Did it scan at the gate, or did you go through guest services?

I know when we had Michigan's Adventure passes (and then Platinum Passes from MiAdv) we had to go through the office at the Magnum gate and they just wrote down the number on the back of the pass.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Scanned at the gate. We used the main entrance twice and soak city twice.

Aaronosmer said:
Unless the employees aren't paying attention to the picture, which would defeat the purpose.

I think you answered your own question.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

It seems like a big inconvenience, and only because the employees cant look at the picture and compare the two.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service