2013 Platinum Pass

Hey All,

I received a voucher for a platinum pass as a Christmas gift. (Yes I know, woohoo!!!) This is my first time getting one. What exactly are the exclusive discounts, will I have to pay for parking on my first visit (which will be opening day), can I get in the hour early on opening day, what is the entire process once I get there????

Thank you for your help and RIDE ON!!!!

You will have to exchange your voucher for the actual pass. This can be done on opening day, but I would strongly suggest if you are at all able to do it sometime prior to opening day. The lines to process passes on opening day are extremely long. If you must do it on opening day, get there way early. Yes, you get early entry any day that the park is open. This year's perks probably won't be announced until closer to spring (at least they weren't last year). Last year's perks included some meal deals, a few merchandise deals, and, best of all, extra ride time nights.

The process of getting the voucher exchanged really only consists of filling out an information sheet, getting your picture taken, and receiving the actual pass. Not sure whether you have to pay for parking if you go on opening day and still only have the voucher. We did ours a couple weeks ahead of time, so we had our passes by then.

You shouldn't have to pay for parking if you show the attendant your voucher. That's how it was a few years ago.

We live in Louisville (Ohio), so never had the pleasure of getting our season passes processed early. Just for some perspective, we arrived one year at 8:00 (am), and were the first in line for the pass-processing on opening day. By the time the park opened, it was a significantly long line, and the process does not always go as smoothly as one might hope.

So yes, either get the voucher processed before opening day, or just get up early that morning. It was actually fun hanging out with the other early-arrivers that year.

Promoter of fog.

If you do have to pay for parking because you only have a voucher and not your actual pass they will reimburse you at the season pass center. Same goes for if you pay for parking but then buy a platinum pass. Just take your parking tag to the window.

Fight the Shapers . . . Join the Resistance . . .
Save Humanity!

I live right between Cedar Point and Kings Island. I had my pass processed at KI. They also had a program called fun perks. www.funperks.com I hope the program launched there last year was sucessful and get implemented at other parks. And, yes, your voucher will get you free parking on the day you get your pass processed. Parking alone payed for my pass as well as the chance to visit 4 Cedar Fair Parks. (Hopefully more in 2013)

Sorry for the mess. Signature under construction.

Wow, thank you for the info. I would like to/sort of planing on getting my pass before opening day, just didn't know that it could actually be done. How close to opening day can that be done, and what is that process?? Thank you all for your help with this process, this is my first time ever having a season pass, and I want to make the most it.

Keep checking the CP website or the news forum here. The opening date will be announced. It's usually open in mid to late April. I think typically they are open afternoon to early evening during the week with longer hours on Saturday and Sunday. You just go to the Season Pass Center which is to the left of the main gate (assuming it's not being moved for Gatekeeper). They will stop you at the toll booth and you just tell them you're going to get your pass processed. The pass center will exchange your voucher for your actual pass and you'll get your picture taken. Pretty painless. I think it took us a grand total of 15 minutes last year.

Last year was our first year having passes, and it was pretty much the best summer ever. Enjoy!

According to the CP website, opening day is May 11th which is a Saturday. I will be checking on CP and here for anything regarding early pass processing type of thing. Thank you for the info, and I am looking forward to this as much as possible.

I'm so glad you posted this as I also received a platinum pass for Christmas for the first time and I had the same questions :) I wanted to know what I should take advantage of that may not be stated on the general terms (such as a great ride night, or better morning hours etc).

Chuck E Cheese- what other Cedar Fair parks have you visited and would you recommend?

Thanks so much!

no problem shamrockcb, I'm glad that someone else had the same questions that I did, that's kinda why I started this thread. Glad I could help

I'm not the user you were asking but the only other Cedar Fair park I've been to is Kings Island and that was definetely worth the 3.5 hour drive for me (of course we did hit a Tigers vs. Reds game the same night, however). Shamrock I'm also wondering if anyone here could shed some light on how worth it it is to drive to a park like Carowinds or Kings Dominion.

Last edited by CodyR,

I have driven from Cleveland, OH to about half the parks in the CF chain (flown to Knotts), Never been to Wonderland, Valleyfair, or WoF, yet!

If you like KI, you'll get a similar experience at KD. If you like the smaller park experience like Geauga Lake offered, you'll like Carowinds, Michigans Adventure, and Dorney. IMHO

Each park has their own merits. The only reason I visited Carowinds a few years ago was because it was within a hours drive of a friend I was visiting in NC. That and the last time I was there was in the 70s shortly after the park opened. I see no reason (for me) to go just to go back to that park for a few years...same way I feel about MiA (but Shivering Timbers comes to mind and maybe will hit it this year on way to Wisconsin Dells which I have never been to yet).

I am flying to Richmond Va this spring to go to KD and BGW. I haven't been to KD or BGW since Geauga Lake closed. I miss having Dominator 25 minutes from my home. I look forward to these two parks.

With all that being said, it is a matter of what you are looking for IMHO regarding whether or not the large or small park experience or is the ride(s) that matters the most to you.

But, any of them are indeed worth going to if you have the Platinum Pass.

See my post in the other Platinum Pass thread if you have a certificate to redeem purchased at one park and attempt to redeem at another.

http://pointbuzz.com/Forums/Thread/28857.aspx

Being from the eastsde of Cleveland,CP is my home park. I do KI (4 hr. drive),Dorney(6 hr. drive) I go there for Hydra and then do 6FNJ( 1 hr. from Dorney) since I'm in the area,Carowinds (8 hr. drive) with Carowinds having a lot of great rides-not that small of a park. Hopefully do KD this year,same driving distance as Carowinds for me. Having a platinum pass is great.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

CodyR said:
I'm also wondering if anyone here could shed some light on how worth it it is to drive to a park like Carowinds or Kings Dominion.

Carowinds is my home park and it is one of my favorite amusement parks. Carowinds has many coasters packed into a medium sized park. Afterburn is one of the best B&M Inverts period. Intimidator is my #2 favorite coaster after Millennium Force, much better than Diamondback IMO due to much more airtime. The crowds in the park during a weekday is light. Usually the only ride with a long wait is Nighthawk, the other rides are typically 10 minute wait or less, including Afterburn and Intimidator.

Top 5 Coasters #1 Millennium Force #2 Intimidator (Carowinds) #3 Top Thrill Dragster #4 The Beast #5 X2

Coasters I want to ride: #1 El Toro #2 Leviathan #3 The Voyager #4 I305 #5 Behemoth

Crowds ARE unusally light at Carownds.

My favorite rides there are Intimidator,Afterburn,Woodstock Express,Flying Ace Aerial Chase and Carolina Goldrusher.

Even though I haven't been to a lot of parks,it's my 3rd(so far)favorite after CP and 6FNJ.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

All, has anyone heard of specific discounts/events (i.e. bring a friend for free day) for 2013 season pass holders? Also, even though mine is a platinum pass for cedar point (which is good for all CF parks), could I activate mine at KI? I was wanting to do this because KI opens like 2 weeks before CP

Yes you can activate yours at KI

Top 5 Coasters #1 Millennium Force #2 Intimidator (Carowinds) #3 Top Thrill Dragster #4 The Beast #5 X2

Coasters I want to ride: #1 El Toro #2 Leviathan #3 The Voyager #4 I305 #5 Behemoth

I called both CP and KI admissions today.

CP will start to process Season Passes on April 27. I asked if there would be any issue with getting my Platinum Pass processed at KI and she said there would be no problem. She said there were issues in the past but that this years pass would be a "Cedar Fair" pass and not park specific. That it would be eligible for all benefits available at any park in the chain.

So I called KI and they told me they will begin processing on April 13th and that the processing center would be open 7 days/week from that point on. Call for specific daily hours.

Looks like my family and I will be at KI and CP for both opening days.

Is there a forum similar to pointbuzz for KI? I'll be looking for some KI tips and tricks.

Cedar Point guest since 1974

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

^Kicentral.com

Let's Get Weird.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service