2013 Platinum Pass

Awesome, thank you! But has any specific discounts/benefits (i.e. bring a friend day) been announced?

I haven't seen anything for it yet, but follow Cedar Point on Twitter and Facebook. That's how I usually found out about Platinum Pass promotions last season. I found their Twitter page to be more informative and update quicker and more frequent, but they typically post the same information

awesome, I will do that, thank you

CodyR, I'm a little biased here since I'm from Maryland, but Kings Dominion is definitley worth the trip. If you are in to launched coasters they've got them (Volcano and Flight of Fear are my favorite ones). And you've got to get on the classic Rebel Yell. Also, if you are into the waterpark attractions, the waterpark is inside the park meaning for one admission you get both the actual park and the waterpark.

Just got a quick question. I literaly just now renewed my regular season pass for next season, and this is my first time renewing a pass. I did the easy pay 6 month thing, and just wondering if I need to get my pass processed at the center again, or if I'm just good to go and can use it anytime?

I think if it's a renewal you should be good to go.

Ok that's what I thought but just wanted to make sure, thanks

Yes, if renewed, there is nothing more you need to do. I always bring our receipt, etc. with us the first time we come, though, just in case there is an issue for some reason.

I'm most proud of myself for not losing our platinum passes for 3 years during the off-seasons. :)

Promoter of fog.

UPDATE: I was at Kings Dominion opening day and Easter Sunday.

I brought my paperwork for the 2013 Platinum Pass with me. (see my previous posts as to why I had new paperwork and not a renewal from last year).

The 2013 paperwork was processed at CP in September. I took the receipt and paperwork to the KD Season Pass processing building. They scanned it and it was not recognized.

They quickly exchanged the receipt for a KD one. Their scanners than recognized the barcode and I now have a working Platinum Pass with the Kings Dominion label on it.

Now, my bro-in-law, had renewed his Platinum Pass in Sept of last year at CP. He was issued a new Platinum Pass card that is labelled with Cedar Fair and not a park name.

While I was processing my pass he want to Guest Services. They scanned it and it read successfully. He proceeded to the front gate and was turned away 'cuz it did not scan. The ticketing booth gave him entry for the day. Apparently others were having issue's too.

We came back Sunday with a copy of his renewal receipt in hand. The ticketing booth was able to read the pass without issue. The supervisor was nice enough to walk us to the turnstiles......and sure enough it worked!

Why does CF have s much trouble with processing Platinum Passes from other parks at the start of every season?!?!?

Now the thing I noticed is that the barcode on his pass seems to be worn already. My new pass came with a piece of clear tape over the barcode. So, someone at KD must know that the barcode wears off. Good for them.

When I take my family up to CP to process their passes I will make sure the CP system can read my pass.

You said your brother's pass was scanned at guest services before being scanned at the gate. Probably the reason he got rejected at the gate. They only scan once a day.

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

I have a question that i cant seem to lookup. How do you change payment plans if you are doing the easy pay plan for a pass?

question for opening day, does platinum pass early entry apply for opening day???

Yes, but typically the new ride [in this Gatekeeper] is excluded from ERT on opening day.

but this will allow us to get in line for Gatekeeper before the general public though, line up before they are allowed in, correct?

Unless this is what they have done since Maverick, I doubt it. There is usually an opening ceremony and then everybody, including passholders run to get in line.

so early entry means nothing opening day for platinum members, no?

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

Maverick, Millennium, and Raptor I believe are open.

Let's Get Weird.

My question isn't about getting on Gatekeeper early, I just want to be able to get in the park before the public with my platinum pass and get in line before the mad rush. Having the platinum pass and having a "leg up" would be nice.

Also, does anyone know if all of the entrances are open on opening day? Windseeker and Magnum entrances to be specific.

Yes, they have early entry on opening day, and yes, all of the entrances are open.

Thanks Bret!!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service