2012 Pass Renewals

Free? What company are we talking about again? ;)

When you visit CP, visit my Mill, est. 1835

I would imagine they should have to replace it for free. Just be a pain about it, talk loud. That will probably be enough to get it replaced :)

The yearly passes up till 2008? were pretty cool. I have my full collection 2003-2008?, but I much like this better when I can put in a pass number in a website and have it renewed. It makes it easy for people like me who live far away from the park and don't feel like processing their freaking pass every year. Sure I could spend the 15 minutes doing it, and pay the money for parking to get paid back, but it's much easier to put a couple numbers into a website, pay for it and be done with it.

I like the ease of renewal of the new passes, but it was fun watching the kids grow up in the pictures on the old style passes.

Sounds like a good idea to take a picture of the kids once a year in front of the main entrance. Can watch the kids grow up and the park change.

Willijs3,

My pass was replaced on Friday for free. I didn't even ask for a new one, she just had me go over to the ticket counter, confirm my information and a new one was scanned.

I have to say, I miss the older passes. I still have mine from 1989 that was a laminated piece of paper with my photo cut out from a poloroid picture and the name was hand typed. How would you like to assemble one of those babies!

I'm guessing the passes won't be changing for next year so I will be putting colored dots on the front of each pass so I can tell which pass belongs to which member of the family. It's annoying looking for the signature and wished there was a better way to tell them apart. I got the idea from my pass (until it was replaced Friday) it had a Carowinds 2011 sticker on it since I visited the park and they put one on it. It was easier to find mine.

~Rob

That's good news. I really didn't want to have to pay.

I'm thinking next year will be the first year I don't buy a pass since 2005. I used to average about 10 trips a year but this year I only made it there 3 times and broke exactly even on the $160 the PP cost me. Plus right now it looks like I might not even be able to make it for Halloweekends. I think I've passed my prime CP years. I still love the park but it gets harder to make frequent trips as I've been using vacation times on bigger scale trips. I went to Vegas a few weeks ago and now I'm in Calgary and heading up the Rockies tomorrow. Next year I'm planning a trip to Columbia to visit a cousin who is living there. If I make one regular season trip and one Halloweekends trip next year I'll be content.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

I miss the old passes as well. I have every years dating back to 1999. The pass from '99 is just a laminated card with my picture and my name handwritten on it.

Even if I got the best discount available, my pass is still paid for by going to Opening/Closing day and CoaaterMania. That doesn't even count the half dozen other trips to the park that I make, plus my trips to Kings Island and other Cedar Fair Parks. Next year I plan to hit Canada's Wonderland 1 or 2 times.

Obviously it doesn't benifit everyone the same. But, you don't need to use it very much to cover the cost.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

You're right Jason. In my peak park travelling season, I visited Michigan's Adventure, Canada's Wonderland, King's Island, and multiple Cedar Point trips. That was the best season I ever had.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Unless you do other parks besides Cedar Point, then you are not breaking even with a Platinum Pass by going three times. In fact you lost money with the PP as compared to the normal season pass.

Daily Admission (without discount): $49.99 * 3 = $149.97
Parking: $10 * 3 = $30

Total: $179.97

Last edited by pointperson,

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

Yeah, the PP is a no-brainer in terms of ROI even with two people (where the parking cost would be split):

Daily admission: $48*3*2 = $288
Parking: $10*3 = $30
Total = $318

Two Platinum Passes: $160*2 = $320

And that's if you exclude the various discounts associated with the pass. Not to mention that if any one of those trips are overnight, you can head into the park for Starlight admission for "free".

For us, much of the value comes with the freedom the passes provide. If we're in Sanudsky for two nights, we'll head into the park for a quick couple rides the evening we arrive, then again on the morning we leave.

Having the pass takes the pressure off of having to get the most of your daily admission cost.

Brandon

I think what Shades meant was that you could get a standard pass for 100 and pay for parking 5 times and still be cheaper than a platinum.

My argument there is the extra few bucks is worth it for the platinum hour alone. Not to mention the other benefits.

I can see it being harder to justify the extra 60 bucks for a family getting passes. You probably don't need parking for everyone in the family. So, now the benefits of the platinum are a bit tougher to justify.

Last edited by Jason Hammond,

I (and I think pointperson as well) was responding to the first sentence:

Shades said:
Unless you do other parks besides Cedar Point, then you are not breaking even with a Platinum Pass by going three times.

Brandon

When is it possible to buy 2012 Season Passes at the Park?

You can buy a pass at the park now. (Well this weekend when the park's season pass center is open)

Last edited by pointperson,

Visual Scan!
First Top Thrill Dragster train of 2011!
Rollbacks: 1st Triple Rollback of 2009!

Thanks!

Jason got it right. I suppose you could say you are breaking even with a PP if you go three times, but you would have saved money if you only purchased a standard pass. To me if you left money on the table you have not broken even.

Don't get me wrong, I love my PP (that sounds kind of funny).

So you don't think early entry is worth anything?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service