2003: Place Your Bets

Well, as the annoucement will be in less than a month, lets put our cards on the table, this is not a topic to just discuss 2003, this is the final betting table, let the games begin: guesses will be accepted, and no, this is a good time for this topic.

Intamin Rocket Coaster: Fastest, Not tallest, but tallest in the park, one-three inversions....

------------------
Proud Member of the G.O.C.C
Webmaster: Po!Nt MaNiA!
http://www.thepointol.com/~pointmania
*** This post was edited by neo 8/5/2002 11:15:32 PM ***

How do you know the announcement will be in less than a month?

Nevertheless, my bet is this: Intamin Rocket Coaster. 400+ feet tall, exceeding 117 MPH.

(Just like everybody else's bet...)

------------------
Tommy Penner - Variable X
Cedar Point FanBoy since 2001.
*** This post was edited by MiLLeNNiuMRiDeR 8/5/2002 9:21:50 PM ***

A 400+ B&M Dive Machine with tunnels and inversions. That would be cool right. No, but seriously folks. Intamin rocket. Tallest and fastest rollercoaster in the world. One tunnel and goggles at the entrance for that extreme take off out the gate.
*** This post was edited by CoasterRayJ 8/5/2002 9:17:48 PM ***
Intamin rocket, 100+ MPH, 250-350ft, 2 tophats

------------------
Great Ohio Coaster Club member #335

My bet is that it's too early for such a topic.

------------------
gravity: down to earth, without the sugar coating.

www.geocities.com/gravityjmb

Can I guess?

------------------
http://www.msu.edu/~armbrus9/cp.html
Who's Gonna Razz Dan til He Posts Again!

The world's largest, fastest, longest and steepest giant rotating Taco Bell.

;-)

------------------
Pugsly,The Coaster Jester Of Cedar Point.

Intiman Rocket Coaster, tallest coaster, fastest coaster, but a minute or less ride.

------------------
If you meet me and forget me, you've lost nothing. If you meet Jesus and forget Him, you've lost everything.

Intamin Rocket Coaster, 407 ft, 109 mph. black track & supports. 4 inversions, to include a new inverted-element, (don't know what). This reminds me of last years topic of the same title. Think it'll get to be 46 pages?

------------------
"Welcome To Alaska"!!
2002 Totals: | MF:25 | WT:12 | Maggie:58 |Gemini:39 | DT:20 | Raptor:16 | Beaver net 4.0!

Black track and supports? I don't think that would look very nice being the tallest thing in the park. Also, and I know that they are not competing with SFMM, but why not just go for 416 feet just to beat Superman: The Escape? I know it's silly to complain about things like this, I'm just thinking out loud :-P

------------------
-Eric
Indiana Beach Online
I would like to see an announcement on September 4th (my bday). That would be a nice present.

------------------
Great Ohio Coaster Club member #335

Hey, don't want to spam, but my birthday is September 5th...and yes, that would be one of the best presents ever ;)

------------------
-Eric
Indiana Beach Online

Intamin Rocket Coaster, 412' tall, 113 mph, about 5,500' of track.

------------------
Florida may have Disneyworld and Key West,
but Ohio has Cedar Point and Put-In-Bay.
It's great to live in Ohio!

Didn't everyone want WT's announcement to come on their b-day? It was only 10 days before mine.

Ok, here's my bet. Although this is a ride I would like to see CP get, I still think the area it's going in would be better for a flying coaster. But my bet goes with everyone else. An Intamin Rocket, taller than S:TE (415+) and well over 100 MPH. May or may not have loops, although I'm thinking it won't, and will be less than a minute, but have a long track lengh, kind of like MF. Will also have very high capacity, but that's a given because of it being a CP coaster.

------------------
-Chris Woodard
Who finally met the infamous Magnum Dan!

For some reason, I can't edit my first post, so I'll just put another one.

My second guess (although it's probably rediculous) would be that 412 footer that was supposed to go to Germany. Did that ride ever really exist, or was it just a hoax? Anyway, Jeff did say this new ride will once again make the world take note of CP, and a 412 footer would certainly do that.

------------------
-Chris Woodard
Who finally met the infamous Magnum Dan!

Gotta be an Intamin Rocket coaster. However I don't think it will be as high as everyone expects. I bet it will be in the neighborhood of 200 ft.
how abut a all american coaster that is announced and dedicated to sept. 11th. Red white and blue just a thought

Jeffrey Spartan said:
Can I guess?

Would that be fair?

------------------
Virtual Midway
http://www.virtualmidway.com

Some of this is what I posted last month, and some of it has been revamped.

I say that Cedar Point moves Troika and Chaos to the location of Peanuts Playground, removing the last remnants of the old Berestein Bear Country.

This frees up a huge straightaway for the coaster. For a launched ride like an Intamin "rocket coaster" the longer the straightaway, the longer the acceleration, the faster the coaster. I say that the estimates for a coaster 110+ mph/ 400+ ft aren't far off in estimation. (but then we could all be far off in estimation :)) A vision I had of the ride that would be very cool is to have the large "Area 51" footer as one of the support bases for an inverted tophat like on Xcelerator. Then the other tower would be on the island between MF's overbank and the lagoon. There would be a huge amount of unsupported track, but Intamin's box trusses have proven themselves. As for the elements after this, I have no clue, and just assume wait for the announcement...I would like to see a few thousand feet extra, but if it is strictly supposed to be a fast, launched ride with a minimal layout then so be it. It would also be cool if the ride's name was Terminal Velocity! :)

I think that Xcelerator was a large scaled guinea pig for Cedar Fair to see how it was received by the public. I think that CP could have been building the GP's tolerance with MF in regards to height, and WT in regards to a launched ride. I believe we will see something insane that will change the skyline of Cedar Point and reaffirm its status as America's Rollercoast!

Also, I think that WT will receive new track pieces with large cross bars to make the spikes more sturdy to remedy the current problems. This will allow them to return the ride to it's former glory.

------------------
June 28th: LocoBazooka Tour (Sevendust headlining)
July 11th: Korn, Puddle of Mudd, and Deadsy
*** This post was edited by CP_bound 8/6/2002 1:03:22 AM ***

Nobody in their right mind would announce a coaster, or any project of significance, on September 11th.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service