150 Years The Fun is Just Beginning

Should have put this here. Tony C just announced their 150th anniversary book:

https://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/status/1279192458795069448?s=09

I thought so.....

Excellent. An official book, from the park, and at a reasonable price? Will buy the moment they go on sale.

EDIT: Also, hey, might this be them launching a webstore for other 150th anniversary goods? Sure hope they aren't launching one just for this book.

Last edited by PyroKinesis09,

Tony said their ticking sales portal is already setup to be a webstore they just add a shipping option.

So that should answer that question? We'll see.

Very excited for this! Definitely buying one as soon as they are available!

Awesome! Will look great next to my RTTY book on the coffee table!

Picked this up at the park today (Tuesday) at Point Pavilion. It’s pricey but good quality.

Note for pass holders, the discount does not apply to this book. Just purchased my copy.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Hmm, I got the passholder discount when I bought it. I bought mine from Point Plaza.

I bought the book and a pendant at the pagoda. The lady running the register politely informed me that the passholder discount is not applicable to the books but is to the pendant. Interesting.

DJ Fischer

I can see that for Ken's book, but not the one Cedar Point made. Maybe she was thinking about Ken's book by mistake?

I think the clerk at Pagoda was mistaken. I was in there for the Friends and Family on Tuesday and they were doing the discount on both books.

Well something to keep in mind at least. Very interesting.

Ken on the subject will you be at the point this summer? I have an idea your book has pushed from my pipe dream to plausible reality that I think you would have the information for.

Love your book so far and would be fascinated to talk to you if you have time.

DJ Fischer

I am at the Town Hall guest services booth (outdoors while TH is going through the renovations, definitely missing my AC). Will be there most days Open to Close.

I saw someone was in the booth, didn't think to swing by and check. Brilliant! Looking forward to speaking too you.

Maybe you can convince them to build you a swamp cooler!

DJ Fischer

Did Tony ever post a link to be able to buy the book online? I looked this morning and can't find it, I just want to make sure I didn't miss it!

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

From my parusing his Twitter seems to have quieted down and I can't say I've seen it.

DJ Fischer

It's a really neat book with some unique pictures. The Fun is Just Beginning is more about the spirit and vibe of Cedar Point through the years, so it nicely complements the exhaustively-detailed history laid out in Rolling Through the Years. Certainly worth picking up both!

As an added little bonus there is some charming artwork for Snake River Expedition's scenic elements. It looks like it has the potential to be a sleeper hit when the attraction finally opens.

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

It is now up for sale online! Just bought a copy, can't wait to crack into it.

Thanks for the heads-up. Just ordered mine.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service