Another question to get us through the winter

Besides MF and the boardwalk project, where do you think the next coaster/s will be built? Jeff I know this could get ugly if it turns into another space battle, if it does be my guest to close this thread.
There's a wealth of space between Mean Streak and Gemini. Behind WWL is another area with space. Along side MS also.

-------------
At the dawn of the new millennium they all bowed down to CP realizing they lost the war.
Yes, The space between the Mean Streak and Gemini is called...P&D the planning and design department sit between those 2 roller coasters...
Now I have been a firm believer (as most of you know) that Cedar Point does not have a space problem. But after reviewing some old slides from the 70's, I couldn't help but notice the abundance of foliage and a forest-like feel to the place back then! (these may soon be posted here)

Now that I have seen these photos after a few years, I'm realizing that (no there is no space problem) BUT... If they take away from what's left in the available space, something may be lost.. I think that a slow move into the parking lot may be a feasible idea after all!

Personally, I think a neat thing would be some type of wooden out-&-back classic-like from the Space Spiral, down the lakeshore past the parking lot would be a good start

-------------
Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero-1

How long is the boardwalk supose to be? Because I could see a coaster going in where Demon Drop and the Space Spiral is. Or back between MS and Gemini. That would loose the "rustic" feeling of that area, but I quess sacrafices have to be made. ;)
First of all, it's a little soon to be speaking of the boardwalk idea as a real project. It's still only rumor and speculation based on something I posted in the news section a long time ago.

That said, take out everything between Disaster Transport and Ocean Motion, as well as everything between Oceana and Pagoda. Can you visualize that huge L-shaped area? I knew you could.

-------------
Jeff
Webmaster/Guide to The Point
Lots of spots. I don't agree with comments I have been reading on a coaster that streches down the beach all the way to MS. That would go past The Breakers and look just awful. More realistically:

1. Where peanuts playground (formally Berstein Bears) and Pagoda is

2. A Mad Mouse would look good where Oceana is

3. The other part of the island next to MF

4. Picnic Plaza by Blue Streak

5. Front of park next to Demon Drop (side parking lot)

6. Plenty of areas by Gemini and MS

7. Behind Ocean Motion, Macaroni's

8. My personal favorite: Where DT sits. Yes, that exact spot...catch my drift

Once again, CP always amazes me where they can fit a coaster. I never thought Mantis or Raptor would fit where they are, or MF for that matter. *** This post was edit by net on 11/30/99. ***
DT is not going anywere. It's too rare of that type of coaster.

-------------
At the dawn of the new millennium they all bowed down to CP realizing they lost the war.
Petree, are you implying they should take down the Space Spiral? One of CP's signature landmark rides?? Are you crazy??? I would be sooooo mad if they ever took that down. That has been my most favorite ride since I was 4!!!

-------------
Neil
Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero-1

I think they should make another humungous roller coaster starting between the Mean Streak and the Gemini, going on the other half of the "MF island" and coming back. This would either be a record-breaking floorless or a record breaking mega-looper.
Seven-of-9... NOT AT ALL! That is the only way to get a good view of the park and Lake Erie. No way would I want them to take that down. I was saying get rid of Demon Drop and soem of the arcades over byt Space Spiral and put the station near it!! And there is always relocation if worst came to worst. But the Space Spiral won't go anywhere for quite sometime. Don't worry, it'll be okay :)
Across from the Force's lift.

Land around Dodgem.

Land by Blue Streak's lift.

I saw Bare Country going long ago but never thought of it as part of a boardwalk project or a coaster.

Land by Mean Streak

In Mean Streak (hehe)

Near Magnum's turn around.

all around the lagoons.

in Mine Ride

bone yard (yes unlikely)

So So many more, too many to list, so many I don't even know half of them!

Next season ride every ride walk every inch of the park and look for clear land and you will see what I mean.

-------------
AKA: bodyin thewaterball fountain.

Paddlewheel Excursions: 12
Jokes on PE: 120
hehe... you've really got to wonder what went on in that "Bare Country".
I thought it was a family park, not a park for making families.

-------------
Jeff
Jeff (from your earlier post)...you do claim that 2000 is definately the last year for the Oceana Stadium. Something is going in its place for 2001 and it won't be a hot dog stand. The boardwalk theme seems ideal. Especially with Knotts having a boardwalk theme area. I know MF is the topic, but even Screamscape seems so confident that a boardwalk project is going in for 2001.
Yes, Oceana will go away.

Where do you think Screamscape gets their information?

-------------
Jeff
I love CP's layout-and the way they never cease to amaze me how they fit things in where they do-I too hate to see all the trees being torn down for anything but it appears CP has been very careful on which trees would be history in the plannings of MFs layout. I love the park and the layout just the way it is--
another coaster along the boardwalk would be nice-
I RARELY walk that way unless no line for DT and will hop on that-
I didnt even know there was a diving show until THIS past summer! Shows you how often I head that way!!!

-------------
Welcome back Raptor riders-how was your flight??
Cool Jeff! I didn't know that. So if that's the case, Screamscape also seems to elude that DT is gone come 2001 (though they do say supposed rumor). I know a lot of people on this site will be upset if that happens...oh man, I'm opening up a can of worms. But so what, I hate that ride!
LuvRaptor - This past summer was the first summer of the diving show, wasn't it?
The DT rumor did not come from me.

-------------
Jeff

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service