Food....

Try the chicken tenders. I hear that they are a modern elixir that will solve all ailments of the body and mind.

With one exception, every time I've been to the park the Wild Turnip has been closed.

Shades:

Try the chicken tenders.

I made some chicken tenders at home tonight on the Blackstone. I tried to explain to my children that there are many people in Ethiopia who would kill for such lower-class fare while they struggled through the meal.

As the tears rolled down my face whilst I flipped the tenders, I couldn't help but feel the veil of shame slip over me as a father who had failed his children. How could it be that I, an educated, well-off father of two chose to cook this vile part of such a foul bird (pun intended) and present it as sustenance to my offspring? Where had I gone wrong?

And then, just as I saw the vision of my children disowning me as they matured, a glimmer of hope as the youngest tugged at my apron and quietly whispered....

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Sucks.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Kevinj:

I made some chicken tenders at home tonight

Put a dollop of applesauce on the plate and add a few carrot sticks. Wash it down with some green Kool-Aid. Meal fit for royalty!

I whilst pass on that form of sustenance!

Anyone that has bought the single day dining pass, is it worth it? Are the portions good enough for two people to use one pass throughout the day?

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

One of my favorite unfavorite things is when people publicly try to figure out how many mouths they can fit onto one dining plan. And then ask us if we think they’re gonna get enough to eat.
But ok. The website, which you should check for details, tells me that the All Day Dining plan for 31.99 allows for an entree and a side every 90 minutes. My experience tells me that those on dining plans who prefer to skip an entree/protein are allowed up to three sides. I can also assure you that unless specifically stated at the location, portion sizes don’t change because someone is using a dining plan. For 44.99 you can get the premium plan that gives you a meal every 90 and a soft drink every 15 minutes. You will be restricted to meals that are included in the plan and those are marked on the menu at each participating location. Usually there’s a wide variety with not many exclusions.
Does that sound like enough to eat for the two of you? If you find yourselves starving at the end of the day there is a McDonalds just past the causeway.

Last year, I only went up to Cedar Point once throughout the summer and I had the all day dining. At the end of the day, I was full. (I was able to get another meal at the end of the day, but didn't because I was full). So yes, you will get enough to eat with the all day dining.

This year, I have a pass with the 2 meals a day dining. I find that enough for me throughout the day. Especially since both times I have been up there this year I went to Panda Express for a meal. They give you plenty for a meal. - Lisa

Raising Canes is mid, Go to Central NY and try out Tully's

RCMAC - One of my favorite unfavorite things is when people publicly are d*#ks for no reason when they could've just not commented at all. But ok. I did check for details. I was asking here, as many people do, for others' experiences. If you just want to regurgitate what the website says and call it "help", that's not actually helpful. I've done that "research". I was hoping for normal people sharing their own experiences as to how they've used it and how it works for them. Maybe next time, step back, evaluate your comment before you hit "submit", and make certain you're being true to the normally helpful nature of this community.

Joe

Hi Joe. Personally I think getting one meal plan for two would be perfect use of it. Getting one for each of you would be too much food. You wouldn't necessarily get "full" by splitting one meal but since you only have to wait 90 minutes it accually gives you the opportunity to try more things.

And the value proposition is definitely there, as with their current food prices it pays for itself after 2 uses. I'm actually surprised they haven't raised the price of the plan commensurately.

Aw, c’mon. Actually I thought about your question for 7 hours before I decided to go all d*#k. And after all that you still sounded like you were someone just trying to squeeze a deal.
And to be fair, nowhere did you state you “researched” the matter thoroughly by looking at the website. Because (maybe you know) there are plenty of people who turn up here with questions they might already have the answer to if they’d just looked. I can’t imagine that being armed with the knowledge, (which you say you have), that a meal can be yours every 90 minutes isn't enough to help you decide.
Gotta love those “is it worth it?” questions though. Worth is always subjective. You gave no clues into who you are. Are you teenagers or seniors? Do you spend the entire day riding? Does someone get sick? Any dietary restrictions? Is someone a vegetarian? Are you yachting into the marina or are you counting pennies? I suppose we could all just jump in with a hundred different stories but you should really think about your own experience, not mine, in order to decide. Honestly, your question made you sound like someone who was just looking for cheers and validation for taking over-advantage of an offer.
I sincerely hope that some of the information I gave you, which in reading back was a lot, was helpful. I especially like knowing that 3 sides are a fair substitute for an entree+1 and I find that a lot of people don’t realize that. It’s especially helpful if someone is a vegetarian.
When you ask a question of the Internet you open yourself up, so I don’t know what you feel entitled to. Careful- members of your “normally helpful community” might just feel justified in asking why you don’t just get a meal plan for each of you and shaddup about it. Instead you got me and another who used the dining plan for Panda Express.
So good luck with your decision and have fun.

edit to add: here’s Scott Cameron with the polite, sensible answer you were looking for. I could agree with that assessment. Sorry for my grouchy butt.

Last edited by RCMAC,

Yeah I found out about the 3 side thing at Farmhouse last year by accident. That is a nice feature that definitely isn't advertised anywhere.

Yeah, but probably so they can change it if they need to. Or vary by location.
I found out when I went into KI’s Grain and Grill just for a look. (I don’t have a dining plan this year) But there was this cringey thing happening in line between a young person and the manager who was working the line. The customer said “what if I don’t want… I mean can I just have… I mean do I have to get…? But I don’t eat chicken, so…” And the exchange went on for a good few minutes because the manager didn’t know what they were trying to ask. I just wanted to say “Learn to always lead with “I’m a vegetarian- what are my menu/meal plan options besides these entrees?” Turns out it’s three sides. And if they’re all potatoes and macaroni so be it I guess, lol.

One entree every 90 minutes during a 12 hour day is approximately 20 gourmet chicken 🐔 tenders.

I think I just answered the question.

You're welcome.

Promoter of fog.

Thank you, Scott. Your assessment was very insightful. Kevin, I appreciate your response as well. And RCMAC, while your terrible addition to the conversation was annoying, I'm happy I lived rent free in your head for 7 hours by asking a simple question. I mean, 7 hours? For asking about a dining plan? Embarrassing.

Joe

We never had these arguments in the Kinzel era. The food was crappy, the cost was high, and there were no deals.

Because after all, people gotta eat

And that always surprised me because Kinzel started out in foods. I think he even rose to the manager of foods.

We did a single day visit last year and opted for a single All Day Dining deal for our family of four, including a 5 and 9 year old. We did three meals during the day and that, combined with a couple elephant ears and probably a beer or three, was more than adequate to keep our family reasonably nourished.

It's obviously easy to do the math to figure out many meals you need to redeem to make it worth the cost, but one thing to keep in mind is that it can be inconvenient trying to maximize the value by getting a meal every 90 minutes, especially if you're picky about where or what you're eating. Otherwise it's an excellent value.

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service