Forbidden Frontier on Adventure Island

Did anyone find out what the "cliffhanger" that they were talking about on their socials was yesterday?

Per the Cedar Point food blog, The Forbidden Frontier will not be returning this year.

I'm really curious if they are going to leave the restaurant and playground open or close down that whole section of the park.

Source: https://cpfoodblog.com/2023...-out-news/

argues just for clicks

That's a long, long walk for a restaurant and playground. I really hope they don't just shutter it Busch Gardens Tampa style and leave it to sit.

Timber Mountain Log Ride in ‘25!!!

Considering that the primary point of Forbidden Frontier was the story and interactive elements I’d be shocked if they kept it open for a…playground. Considering the direction the park was taking and is now taking I’d say that area of the park will be shuttered.

Unless they're using that space for something else, what are the downsides to allowing access to the playground and bathrooms? I guess it would require a few staff, but that doesn't seem like a huge barrier.

It certainly is a very long walk, but it is one of the nicest, most relaxing areas in the park, and the playground is one of relatively few things our family has been able to truly enjoy together.

That said, the StR splashdown pond is a nice piece of real estate with a lot of potential, especially if CCMR ends up on the chopping block.

Brandon

Besides the news about Forbidden Frontier, was there any other updates about Live Entertainment for 2023? Presumably the parade isn't happening again?

"Thank the Phoenicians!"

The big tent buildings for the floats are still there. The guide acknowledged them, but didn't say anything about changes this year. The costume shop guides predictably weren't able to say anything about any new costumes they're doing. They did have costumes from swelltones, come see about me, and mr midnight on display. Not sure if we can read anything into the fact that those weren't packed away in storage. There was no mention of the shows at all in the presentation I was in.

That sure opens a lot of room next to that big yellow tower sitting there.

Darn it, those were the best "go-to" restrooms in the whole park when you gotta go.

RCMAC:

Timber Mountain Log Ride in ‘25!!!

I'm glad our girls got to enjoy it while it lasted. This had to be incredibly expensive to maintain with all the actors and staff, and to be honest in the past couple seasons it has seemed really, really quiet back there, with fewer and fewer kids participating in the interactive portion.

And yes; those were the best restrooms in the park.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

One we can get rid of frontier fling we’re in business for the combo GCI/log flume install.

First ride; Magnum 1994

I'm not really surprised by this, as every time we went through I thought about the high cost of employing that many actors, but am kind of bummed out by it. My son absolutely loved the interactive elements, and it was a nice chance for him to run and play and for my wife and I to sit in a comfy chair in the shade for a little break on a long park day.

I too am glad that he got to experience it while it lasted, and am super curious to see how (or if) this closure impacts future plans - especially those related to that big yellow tower just across the way. I am thinking there is probably a plan to utilize that area for something directly, otherwise I would think they would have just scaled down the attraction with fewer actors and a simpler storyline to cut costs.

Kevinj:

This had to be incredibly expensive to maintain with all the actors and staff, and to be honest in the past couple seasons it has seemed really, really quiet back there, with fewer and fewer kids participating in the interactive portion.

I was amazed at the amount of effort and creativity put into Forbidden Frontier. But in the back of my head, I thought how long this will last given the number of staff needed to play the characters and how popular the attraction will be in future seasons.

It should've been placed along Frontier Trail. That's what Knotts did. It was hidden away, and no one knew what it was. Knott's success was people passing by found themselves jumping in to play. Too bad the playground can't be moved over to Millennium Force plaza.

I can't imagine dismantling and relocating the playground would be that difficult compared to other projects? Maybe there's other areas they could install it like the melinuim plaza or replacing part of a current children's area.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Doesn't look like the playground would quite fit in dragsters's infield. Maybe with a little layout change they could make it work. Has anyone considered that yet?

I imagine we can safely rule something like a children's playground out of going in the infield if they're moving the queue out of it.

DJ Fischer

I don't know if this means anything but it looks likes there's 3 campers/mobile offices back in Forbidden Frontier between the playground and restaurant.

DJ Fischer

What about relocation of playground to old matterhorn/ scrambler site?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service