Winter Chill Out Live

The refresh tab in my email now hates me.

Its getting to the point now that I'm staring to hear Gene Wilder's voice every time I check my e-mail.

"YOU GET NOTHING! GOOD DAY, SIR!"

I received my email today!

"Congratulations! You've been randomly selected to purchase tickets for Cedar Point's 2023 Winter Chill Out event, benefiting A Kid Again. As the representative for your party, your next step is to purchase your group's tickets using the gift code(s) and link below."

Unfortunately the link isn't working on PC or iPhone. Just takes me to a page that says "No packages are found" ) :

Tony mentioned on Twitter that they're aware of the issue and hope to resolve today.

Brandon

It was resolved today. Happy to say for me is was third time the charm. :-D

Got mine too!
What a lucky week it is! Chiefs win another Super Bowl and I'm headed to Winter Chill Out!

I'm a salty Bengals fan, but still hope you enjoy WCO. :)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I’m a Brown’s fan, so I usually don’t get too excited about the Super Bowl except for the commercials, 😂

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

Check your e-mail. Limited tickets available for all lottery participants.

Yes! Just got 3 for Sunday @9am

I didn’t see the message until 9:00 this evening. I went to get mine for Saturday and both times were sold out. I wonder if it’s another glitch; I’m sure not many people check their e-mail at 6 on Friday night. Not complaining in any way shape or form, just thinking out loud..

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

My expectation is that when they sent the email out today that there were not that many tickets left (email said "extremely limited number"). They had gone through 3 different lottery selections. So it wouldn't take a lot of people checking emails after 6pm to buy the remaining tickets. Also, a lot of people have emails coming to their phones which then pretty much check all the time.

And unlike the earlier glitch (where people received an email saying they won right to buy tickets through an additional lottery selection but couldn't because of a glitch), the email today didn't indicate anyone had been selected through the lottery to buy tickets; just that there was an extremely limited supply of them left and offered (on first come, first served basis) to everyone who entered the lottery but wasn't selected.

I clicked on "Buy Now" shortly after the email arrived and the 9am Saturday window was sold out. Only 10am Saturday was available (and I could have gotten tickets). But day/time slot didn't work out for me so I passed. Went back a couple hours later just to check and nothing was available. Had I gotten that day/time slot with the original lottery, it would have worked but I thought the opportunity was closed so we planned something else.

Hope the weather is good and everyone who attends has a good time.

I had to work until 10pm. Just got home a bit ago and got the email. Sold out. Ugh I had no idea or I would have had someone watch my email for me. Oh well it is what it is.

Last edited by Nancilee,

Nancilee Jones

Same thing happened to us last night. We were chosen and then when we went to book it was sold out. I hope we can have the opportunity to purchase.

Mine went to spam but I saw this post so I went to look. They were gone by 7

So much for the lottery, right?
I mean, it was implemented so that there wouldn’t be a crush of disappointed people who missed their chance for tickets. But then they reopened and reopened the chance to order and it looks like now the old scenario is back- there are disappointed people who missed out through no fault of their own. Do you suppose they just notified everyone who was left? I’m not sure.
I understand trying to sell to capacity especially in the case of charitable contribution as well as social media exposure. But in spite of all that I’d have been tempted to pull the plug after the first round, lol.
(I don’t know why I care, I was never in it to begin with. And no one here is acting butt hurt over losing out, and that‘a to everyone’s credit.)

Hindsight is 20/20, but the spare tickets that were not given out via lottery seem like the perfect opportunity for Brandon's idea. Put a steep price on them, and let those who really want to go to the event pony up for it. As you said, this basically brought it back exactly where they used to be, and now there's probably some folks who are upset they didn't see the email at the right time.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I think you are right Dvo about not seeing the email in time. And unlike the other 2 times, we had no notice of when it would be coming.

It's all good though, I have that money now for something else. I will always believe the original lottery was most likely "Hand picked", because every single one of the enthusiasts I know who spend big money there every week miraculously got chosen. But I know that is the way things work in life so I just try, then move on. It happened at 3 different places I've worked over the years where I was on committees for various " Random," drawings, and I watched the tickets get hand selected, then a couple true random draws to make it look like it was all fair. I spoke up and complained it wasn't right, and was quickly shushed by my superiors. Then I never got put on a committee like that ever again. This was 3 different companies.

It is what it is though, and truly my being butt hurt isn't going to change the way things work. I truly hope everyone who got chosen has a great time. Maybe next year, the 4th time will be the charm. :-)

I checked my e-mail, and I didn't get the invite to the "open" ticket purchase. Maybe I entered something wrong when registering? One thing I wish they would have done is sent a confirmation e-mail, so that I knew for certain that all my info was entered correctly. Oh well. Maybe next year...

I’m definitely not going to be too mad about it if we don’t get the chance to go. At the end of the day, it’s for A Kid Again which is where a lot of people seem to lose focus. I just wish it didn’t end up like the Ticketmaster debacle by over sending lottery winner emails with limited tickets left to sell :)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service