Melt bar and grill open

wait?!?! im a long time marina pass holder, we cant doc our boats there for another few months obviously. this is the first ive ever heard of this. i guess its the same way Bay Harbor is open during the off season...but melt is in the park. can you just walk all around the entire park? whats to stop you? im about to drive an hour up there just to walk around if thats the case! someone please fill me in!

They're talking about the original location in Lakewood. The CP location isn't going to open until the rest of the park does.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

CPMarina2000 said:

we cant doc our boats there for another few months obviously.

Actually, we can start docking boats a month from today.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Wolfbobs, Melt Lakewood is closing for renovations, it will reopen in about a month.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

ohhhh, well i live in Independence, we got a Melt, i dont think its anything that special really but i know im the odd one out there

I don't think it's anything that special either. And it is really not good for you, really high in fat and calories. We have a Melt on campus and I have something from there occasionally, but I wouldn't fit on MF anymore if I made a habit of it.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Pete said:

Wolfbobs, Melt Lakewood is closing for renovations, it will reopen in about a month.

Exactly, so it's not really closing. lol That was my point. To me closing is never opening again. A month without grilled cheese isn't really a big deal. :)

I heard it closed last night.

WolfBobs said:
To me closing is never opening again.

That just doesn't make sense.

Brandon

Have you never seen a Closed sign on a restaurant?

I'll put it in language that a CP "enthusiast" can understand..... closed as in the familiar sentence "Top Thrill Dragster is CLOSED due to mechanical and\or weather issues". That is a temporary closure. Or "Mean Streak is CLOSED due to RMC". That is a permanent closure. Or "Cedar Point is CLOSED for the evening. That is a daily closure.

"Geauga Lake was closed by Cedar Fair" what kind of closure would that be?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Please give me some closure on this topic.

Sorry, one more thing. Just saw another headline on Cleveland.com: Hot Sauce Williams on Carnegie closing for good. Now that is a permanent closure. What an iconic eatery.

Dam. I go to BOTH of these spots. If you ever had eaten a Polish Girl from HSW, that is a memory in itself. I remember when Melt (in Lakewood) was the White Door Tavern a little over 10 years ago. We would frequent there during our lunch breaks from my employment close by...Good times. Yes, that Melt in Lakewood needs a renovation, it was small to begin with and not expanded by much later on.

Last edited by CPfan1976,

Well, you’ll have that when a place is brand new. Not knowing if it’ll take off, if they can pay the rent, all that. Now we know and they can afford it.

Red Alert! Red Alert! Old thread re-visited.

Just a note regarding a news story I just saw. Melt is closing two of their locations, Canton & Dayton. CP is safe for now.

Columbus’ Short North location closed a little while ago as well. I don’t know about Easton.
Another casualty.

^Super big bummers. We are Pittsburghers but absolutely love the Columbus area, and at least once a year come hang out over there. We were last there last year for Tori Amos. Melt is one of those things that I thought would blow up and keep expanding more towards us here in the Burgh.

I’m not sure what happened. It was gang busters at the beginning and ripe for expansion. Well, just look at the number that are now closed. It was a cool concept and the stores’ look was clever and fresh. But I think people in general tire of giant food- those sammiches were huge and there was so much bread. We didn’t go very often for that very reason. I understand CP’s version is somehow separate from the corporation. I ate there twice and those were the only chances they’ll get from me. Terrible.
And we should always remember and never forget the effect that the pandemic had on the service industry. So many restaurants just aren’t making it anymore. Staffing, supplies, and inflation shoulder the blame. The number we’ve lost just astounds me.
But please come back to Columbus. We still have a lot going on even without ol’ Melt.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service