Winter Chill Out Live

0g, don’t feel bad, I didn’t get picked either☹️

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

Me neither, but hey I guess I will save $75.

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

Walt:

The Twitter replies make sad for humanity.

This one especially...

Sounds like the lottery was a great decision after reading that...

But for charity, right?

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I was glad that person didn't get picked. I hope Tony noted who that person is and makes it extremely tough for that person to win anything from the park in the future.

Didn't the guidelines specifically say not to submit duplicate entries for the same group or they would be removed from the lottery?

The annual drama around this offseason charity event is nothing if not entertaining, as someone with no stake in the game.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I knew there was going to be a bunch of people wanting to be made whole again. But the ****show and drama of trying to get tickets is why I stopped attending the event a few years ago. I can just read about it and see photos posted online without freezing.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

“An” email.
“An.”

The park should send an envelope with a Winter Chill Out logo on it to every "fan of the park" who made some type of entitlement-laden remark online.

In it, they will find an enclosed envelope and a quick note from Tony reminding them that while they aren't able to attend, it's not too late to donate to the charity the event supports. Offering multiple easy ways to pay, and a complementary entry into next year's event lottery.

Promoter of fog.

Well, on the flip side of the post above we have always wanted to attend Winter Chill Out but I have never been able to procure tickets. I was always working and by the time I was able to try and purchase said tickets they were sold out. This year even though I assigned my chances of getting tickets in the lottery pool to slightly less than -5% I filled out the form regardless. Lo and behold I was one of the fortunate ones selected in the ticket lottery, for the first time my family and I will be able to go. I am thankful that we have this opportunity while understanding there are tons of folks who would like to go but cannot, similar to the situation I have been in since the event first started. I must also mention that every year in the past when we were not able to attend we did not complain and still, somehow managed to enjoy the park all season. I just can't equate how missing winter chill out "ruin(s) the mood and excitement for the upcoming season" but I digress...

Congratulations! I know you will enjoy Winter Chill Out as much as we have in the past. I'd like to think you are taking our place this year. A small piece of advice:: Wear warm clothes and boots!

Another piece of advice: if you are a morning coffee drinker, drink about half of what you would on any other morning. Or skip it entirely. The limited bathroom opportunity thing is no joke - and the mens rooms in use (Melt and Lakeside) are both single stall operations. And if it's guided tour style again, you won't be able to head over to Melt anytime nature strikes.

JUnderhill:

Well, on the flip side of the post above we have always wanted to attend Winter Chill Out but I have never been able to procure tickets. I was always working and by the time I was able to try and purchase said tickets they were sold out.

This is what I like most about the new system - it's fair to everyone, not simply the basement dwellers who have the luxury of hovering over a browser for an hour.

In addition to the new lottery system, I wouldn't mind seeing the park offer a limited number of additional tickets available to the highest bidders. If there are people who have deep pockets and really, really want to walk around a northern Ohio peninsula in the dead of winter, the park could raise even more money for A Kid Again. And the whining basement dwellers can put their money where their mouths are.

Brandon

In a perfect world, I'd like to see them open and staffed to fully meet the demand. Then charge appropriately for those costs/donations.

Woo! Totally thought I missed out but got an email today for Saturday! As a CP fan who's been to the park every year since 2015, and got engaged there in 2022...we should go, right? Thinking we will go ahead and book at least a night at Sawmill Creek too. Obviously we will hit our favs like Small City and all that in the Sandusky area, but question, will any of the food places at CP be open? I've heard conflicting reports about Chickie's and Pete's and Melt. As someone who is super familiar with the park, it's worth it right?

None of the restaurants will be serving their normal menus. In past years Melt was open with coffee and hot chocolate dispensers, and one or two locations will serve the catered lunch that's included with the tour. Hoping the pavilion will at least be open to walk inside and look around, but I doubt it (Farmhouse wasn't). No idea what changes they'll make this year with the switch to guided tours.

djDaemon:

In addition to the new lottery system, I wouldn't mind seeing the park offer a limited number of additional tickets available to the highest bidders.

And now this pivots back to being "unfair". Why is it unfair that people who have the time get tickets but it is fair that people who have lots of money be able to get tickets? Why are the people with time considered basement dwellers while the people with money are considered good folks?

I get that it is for charity, but if things are going to be fair the lottery seems to be the way to go.

Last edited by Shades,

It's a charity fundraiser first. It's never "unfair" because you can always donate without attending the event.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service