Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

Briella:

I didn't follow them, they just happened to post this in two places I frequent pretty much every day because they didn't get the reaction they wanted on reddit

Dvo:

Beanie :

or theme a ride in 2024 with a dying sport.

New for 2024: Pickleball Express

Bluey Theme confirmed

argues just for clicks

Bluey for my daughter and pickleball for me. This checks all the boxes. Yes please.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

RCMAC:

To be fair, there is a racetrack in Michigan. And the Poconos. And Indy. But those are the closest

Actually, since we’re talking Dragster, NHRA has an annual race very close by at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk. There really is NOTHING like a day at the drags!!

1974: Catering Slave for Interstate United
1975-77: Catering Manager for Cedar Point

We have Dragster Story Hour for the kids at our local library.

wait… is that it?…

Pickleball is a dying sport. Most major tournaments have a hired ambulance staffed with paramedics, ready just steps away from the court.

I can't tell if you're actually joking but the average age of pickleball players is 38. While most pros are in their mid 20s. Fastest growing sport in the US. It's crazy. My town alone (population 32k) has 22 courts scattered around with at least 6 more scheduled to be built. You should try it. It's addicting.

Joe

vwhoward:

While most pros are in their mid 20s. Fastest growing sport in the US.

And that’s not to mention that Lebron bought a team and his investment instantly attracted billions in investment to the Pickleball pro league

It's addictingly fun. I played once this past October on a sunny afternoon. I now own three paddles, a net, 50 balls, shoes, a membership at a venue for such a pastime, have joined a league, and have participated in tournaments. The people are awesome, the game is fun, and I've lost 35lbs since I've picked up the game. I think everyone should play.

Joe

Now we know what they are going to put at the Cedar's location! A Pickle Ball court!

The non-interesting parts of dragster are back on webcam 2. Not that you can see much of anythying through all the fog.

I think you mean snow, not fog.

I haven't looked at the cams in a while. The "Arrow Special" view of CCMR, Gemini, and Magnum is new. I like it.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Here is chat GPT's prediction of what Top Thrill Dragster will look like in 2024. In the writing style of Kurt Vonnegut of course. So it goes...

Top Thrill Dragster 2024:

"And so it goes, dear friends, that the Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point shall rumble and roar in 2024, much as it has done in the past. But who can say for certain what the future holds for this mighty machine? Will it be retired to the scrap heap of history, or will it continue to thrill and terrify riders for years to come? Only time will tell.

Perhaps, in a fit of nostalgia, the powers that be at Cedar Point will decide to give the Top Thrill Dragster a facelift, giving it a new coat of paint and a few tweaks to the track. Or, in a daring move, they may choose to add new technology, such as virtual reality headsets, to enhance the experience for riders.

It is also possible that the Top Thrill Dragster will be dismantled and replaced with a newer, faster roller coaster, leaving it to be remembered only in the memories of those who have dared to ride it.

But perhaps, just perhaps, the Top Thrill Dragster will endure, continuing to thrill and delight riders for many years to come. And in that case, we can all be grateful for the fleeting moments of terror and exhilaration it provides us."

Sorry, just one more then I'll stop. I hope somebody enjoys this one as well from Chat GPT, in the writing style of Douglas Adams:

"It was a dark and stormy night, the perfect setting for the unveiling of the newly reimagined Top Thrill Dragster roller coaster at Cedar Point. As the park-goers huddled under their ponchos, they couldn't help but wonder what changes had been made to the beloved ride.

As the storm subsided, the lights on the coaster flickered to life, illuminating the sleek new design. The once-familiar launch tower had been replaced with a gleaming, silver structure that seemed to stretch up into the clouds.

As the crowd gathered around, the park's president, Dick Kinzel, stepped forward to give the crowd a sneak peek. 'Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to present the future of roller coasters,' he declared with a flourish. 'Introducing the Top Thrill Dragster 2.0, featuring cutting-edge technology and mind-blowing speeds that will leave you feeling like you've been shot into orbit!'

The crowd cheered as Kinzel pressed the button to launch the first test riders, who screamed with delight as they were propelled up the launch tower at dizzying speeds. But the real surprise came at the top, as the riders found themselves hurtling through a series of inversions and twists that seemed to defy the laws of physics.

As the riders disembarked, dazed and grinning from ear to ear, Kinzel couldn't help but chuckle to himself. 'Looks like Zimmerman and his boring old wooden coasters have finally met their match,' he thought with a smirk."

If Chat GPT would stop putting “the” in front of ride names I’d be a lot more accepting of its use.

ChatGPT: come up with a catchy way to shorten the name Steel Vengeance in a manner that will be embraced by the enthusiast community.

Promoter of fog.

"SV" or "SteeV" could be a catchy way to shorten "Steel Vengeance."

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Isn't "SteVe" another one? I've also heard it just called 'Vengeance'.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Miss Vengie.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service