Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

SpeedDemon:

Super quick mock-up I did with the newly revealed Lightning train from IAAPA

We need a downvote button. Like I expressed when you posted this on Reddit. What a horrible idea. This isn't the Carolinas, we don't need a worn out theme that's used on another coaster to "unify the brand" as you put it, and we don't need to theme around someone who has been dead for 20 years in a niche sport.

jimmyburke:

Well, there was this race track/airport I spent 30 years working at!

I am not sure from the picture but it looks like a Blue Angels plane in the background. And it doesn't look like it is sitting on the ground. Was that a nicely timed picture of it taking off/landing?

or theme a ride in 2024 with a dying sport.

Shades, a Plaza at the Airport entrance.

Shades:

I am not sure from the picture but it looks like a Blue Angels plane in the background. And it doesn't look like it is sitting on the ground. Was that a nicely timed picture of it taking off/landing?

Looks like it was taken at Burke Lakefront Airport in Cleveland. Right along Lake Erie and next door to Rock N Roll Hall of Fame & First Energy Stadium. The airport hosts the Cleveland National Air Show every Labor Day Weekend and is also known for air racing since the Golden Age of Aviation. There are two F-4s, one in Blue Angels colors and one in Thunderbirds colors on sticks just in front of the airport. The Blue Angel one is what is featured in this background.

Last edited by CoasterKid20,

Briella:

Like I expressed when you posted this on Reddit.

You two want to take this outside?

Promoter of fog.

Briella:

We need a downvote button. Like I expressed when you posted this on Reddit. What a horrible idea. This isn't the Carolinas, we don't need a worn out theme that's used on another coaster to "unify the brand" as you put it, and we don't need to theme around someone who has been dead for 20 years in a niche sport.

Thanks for being a complete creep (now in two separate forums) about an absolutely innocent attempt to have some fun and not rehash the same conversations that have been had a billion damn times about TTD.

Kevinj:

You two want to take this outside

Are we witnessing the first cross-platform fight on pointbuzz? This is exciting.

Beanie :

or theme a ride in 2024 with a dying sport.

New for 2024: Pickleball Express

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

But isn’t Pickleball like one of the fastest growing sports in the world?

Exactly. He doesn't want a dying sport, so let's pick the hottest trend around, right?

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Are we witnessing the first cross-platform fight on pointbuzz? This is exciting.

No. Because I’m not fighting them. But they decided to come and comment after being MIA on PB since November for no other reason than to be a creep in a second forum.

I will also second the notion no matter how rediculous it sounds that someone had in relation to rehashing the Disaster Transport naming or theming in some way.

It makes SO much sense. The entire story about traveling to Alaska within minutes travelling like an ICBM does. The concept at least checks out from a plausibility standpoint.

Take off from Sandusky Ohio and land in Juneau. The theming would be really easy. Especially if the launch was in a tunnel and the breakrun is too. That would be pretty sweet.

Space theming makes so much sense. Especially considering that were amping up right now for a Lunar Base and Mars mission. Its in the publics conciousness. Hence why weve had so many space movies this past year.

Know what else uses "formulas"? Rocket fuel

Know what uses rocket fuel? Rockets!

Know who uses rockets? N.A.S.A!

Know where N.A.S.A goes? SPACE

Know what's in space? Uranus

BOOM!New theme confirmed! We're not going to Alaska, we're going to Uranus!

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Promoter of fog.

If we're going with formula racing, and space themes, I'd like to put forward:

SpeedDemon:

No. Because I’m not fighting them. But they decided to come and comment after being MIA on PB since November for no other reason than to be a creep in a second forum.

Yeah, I know. That’s kind of what I was really getting at. Kind of creepy for someone to follow you across the ends of the internet.

Last edited by e x i t english,

B.S. like this makes me wish the internet would end.

I didn't follow them, they just happened to post this in two places I frequent pretty much every day because they didn't get the reaction they wanted on reddit.

I didn't follow them, they just happened to post this in two places I frequent pretty much every day because they didn't get the reaction they wanted on reddit.

lmfao. I literally posted it here first before Reddit. So has nothing to do with it the reaction I got on Reddit. Which that post had a 75% positive upvote ratio btw so I’d say it actually had a pretty positive reaction outside of the idiotic comments that were on it. Just say you don’t know how to have any fun speculating and get over yourself.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service