Winter Chill Out Live

I just now entered the lottery! I hope I get chosen!

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

And the ticket price is up to $75 this year.

Seems about right for the value. And for what amounts to a volunteer effort that benefits a charity. Who’d be unhappy with that?
They seem to be going to lengths to prevent fraud but I’m not following. If they really wanted to glean away bad actors they’d collect payment information up front and automatically charge your card the minute your name is drawn. It seems as it stands that I could go in kahoots with Skyhawk06 (who really hopes to get chosen) and offer to take them as part of my group and vise-versa. If we both get chosen all one of us has to say is “no thank you” and it’s done.
Unless I’m missing something obvious. I haven’t been up out of bed all that long this morning.

RCMAC:

Who’d be unhappy with that?

Everyone on the internet.

The way I see it, they're probably trying to prevent another mad dash for tickets. Back then you'd have to stay up on black friday and refresh the page, next thing you know, it's sold out. Though I'll admit I'm seeing some changes. Are they still doing the groups? When did they start the guided tour aspect?

RCMAC:

It seems as it stands that I could go in kahoots with Skyhawk06 (who really hopes to get chosen) and offer to take them as part of my group and vise-versa.

The problem is that I already have my entry in the lottery pool. If you did that, wouldn't it disqualify me or the both of us? What are they going to do about duplicate entries?

I'd rather be sailing

Oh, whoopsie! I already did it!
(jk)

Here's hoping we get good emails tomorrow 🤞

I kind of thought emails would have started going out in waves earlier this week. I figure that even with the insane demand there will be some selected entries that are unable to attend/don't check email/change their mind when they realize there are no rides open and don't purchase tickets once they are offered. I would think once a time window passes they would offer those to others still on the list.

I also thought notifications would start by now, but they did say the 27th, so hopefully by tomorrow.

Still waiting. Hoping I get chosen.

I'd rather be sailing

Got my email, bought my ticket. (Sat 9:00) Looks like a lot of unhappy people on the twitter thread though.

I wasn't selected. Eternal sadness.

I wonder if others will be selected if tickets aren't purchased. We'll see!

Tony noted that tickets must be purchased by 2/3 and tickets that are not purchased by that date will be offered to others from the lottery.

If anyone has an extra ticket and I can be an extra in your group let me know.

The Twitter replies make sad for humanity.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

It's tough with the switch to a lottery. Many streaks broken, but I am grateful for the 7 years I was able to go. Heard it might be switching back to a guided tour, which would be unfortunate IMO.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

yep, it's guided now, hope they don't rush through everything too fast. From the ticket:

Please enter through the main toll plaza and park in the main lot. You may arrive up to 30 minutes prior to your assigned tour time, as tours will depart continuously on a first-come, first-served basis. This printed or mobile ticket must be scanned at the Main Gate. Please note that this is a multi-hour WALKING TOUR and proper cold weather attire, including winter gear and boots, is strongly recommended. Areas of the park may be snow-covered, muddy or have rough terrain. Restrooms are limited on the tour; please plan accordingly. Photography is permitted unless otherwise noted. Traditional media, YouTube/social content creators and fan sites may not interview park personnel. For specific requests, please email mediarelations@cedarpoint.com. All guests must pass through security screening and all park safety rules are in effect. For the latest event updates, please follow Tony Clark on Twitter (@TonyClarkCP). Tickets are transferable if unable to attend.

They've sent out all the invites? [Checks e-mail]. Phooey.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service