New Prestige Passes

So going from Platinum down to Gold does the system let you purchase as a "renewal" or do I need to make it as a new purchase? Anyone had experience in this area already? My actual card is kinda worn but if going from platinum to gold as a renewal to get the free bring a friend ticket is possible I'd like to do that my son's girlfriend will be visiting in October. I'm thinking they're still going to have to give me a new card so that it's actually gold anyway, right?

Last edited by Paisley,

Yes, I've downgraded twice now. The first time was the first year they offered the gold pass, then went back to platinum, then recently renewed to gold for 2023. I've never had an physical gold pass card, the platinum card keeps working fine. (obviously I don't visit other parks with it).

Awesome, thanks.

Im having a bit of an issue here and just wondering if anyone else here has dealt with this yet.

We have platinum passes now but I renewed ours to gold passes for next season. After actually reading more about the prestige pass I decided that’s the way I want to go. I figured that would be an easy upgrade at the park. Turns out I was quite mistaken in that viewpoint. Ticket window didn’t have any idea how to do it and directed me to guest services. Guest services didn’t know how to do it and told me it needed to be done online. Online won’t let you do anything with a renewed pass so I figured I’d send a message to online help. The online response was that the upgrade has to be done at the park at any ticket window or guest services. Appears I’m stuck in a loop here.

Moral of the story make sure you know what you want before renewing! If anyone else out there is in a similar situation and finds a resolution please let me know.

Edit: Turns out they had to refund the renewal and the pass add-ons that I had already bought. Even though the Gold and Prestige pass add-ons are the same price they are different items in their system. I was then able to get the Prestige passes. Only downside was I lost the sale price on the season passes, dining plans etc... but that wasn't a deal breaker anyway.

Last edited by JUnderhill,

Just received an email for Prestige Pass only contest to win the below experience. I don't know, but I'm thinking there aren't that many Prestige pass holders so perhaps the odds to win may not be that bad.

Interesting, I'm Prestige plus as well and have received no such email. Pass perks still up to its normal trickery I see.

Yeah it's funny that I just got it today but it states, "beginning September 16." At any rate, email or not you should still get an entry if you visit.

Always check your spam folders.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Prestige+ holder here, I also received no e-mail, spam or otherwise.

We have attended twice so far, with more visits to come. Will see if anything comes of it.

No email for me either. But, i'm scared of haunted dinners, so no loss for me.

I'm late in mentioning this for this season obviously, but I purchased a prestige plus pass from cedar point, and was successfully able to use it at Kings Island last weekend for access to the VIP area, and a one time fast lane plus voucher with no issues whatsoever. The 15% discount did not apply, even though guest services said it would, but not a huge deal breaker.

Thanks for the data point, that's good to know. I find the discount odd though, the 15% worked for me at King's Dominion. Did you get the 10% at least?

DRE420:

I'm late in mentioning this for this season obviously, but I purchased a prestige plus pass from cedar point, and was successfully able to use it at Kings Island last weekend for access to the VIP area, and a one time fast lane plus voucher with no issues whatsoever. The 15% discount did not apply, even though guest services said it would, but not a huge deal breaker.

Ok, this just continues to be bizarre and mishandled by CF. I have a Prestige+ from Cedar Point. I was at King's Island recently and they struck down my VIP access. The guy at the desk said he wasn't sure so he sent me to guest services all the way at the front gate. I waited in line and asked once I was let inside. Two confused people later, I was given two "no" answers and that was the end of it. The 15% was working for me all day though. Never received nor was offered a fast lane plus voucher, either. I was also able to use my drink pass at one location but not another. I later noticed the website said that this wouldn't be activated until 2023 so who knows.

It seems like they're still making edits to their offer/details website for the passes but this continues to be unclear and inconsistent. Criminy. You'd think they would have made it clear *before* they started asking/allowing people to sink hundreds of dollars into this product.

Not a good look, Cedar Fair. I'm already wondering if I want to go through this kind of headache again next year when they ask me to renew. This might be a one and done if they don't get it together. I am doing decent in life right now and bought this to really get the most out of it in 2023. I was going to travel to several different parks, several ones I haven't been to before, and they're making me wonder if it's worth the effort if I never know what to expect at each.

Last edited by MForce411,

Unfortunately, I believe the way it worked out for you was the way it's advertised: Prestige benefits (VIP lounge, one-time FL+) at your home park only. Discount is chainwide.

I know the fact that someone else just reported different is frustrating, but that's a different problem. And you're correct, consistency would be great.

I later noticed the website said that this wouldn't be activated until 2023 so who knows.

This. My Canada's Wonderland Platinum Pass from 2021 with Season Long FastLane Plus was extended through Labor Day 2022 due to the pandemic. I renewed the pass and Season Long FastLane Plus back in September thinking that everything would be good for the rest of 2022 and through 2023. Unfortunately, no such luck. Season Long FastLane was not active. I was able to purchase a FL+ at Cedar Point for the price of a regular FL though, but as someone else here said previously, I believe that perk goes away in 2023 for Platinum Pass Holders as well.

(And yes, I bought the pass from Wonderland due to the exchange rate. I think with tax the Platinum Pass and Season Long FL+ came to $1407. After exchange rate, which of course fluctuates, it will probably be about $1000 total. So basically it was buy Season Long FL+, get the Platinum Pass "free"!)

Scott Cameron:

Did you get the 10% at least?

Yes, they said it was probably a glitch that is hopefully fixed by next season.

I visited guest services first to check the benefits seeing as it says to check with each park to see if any benefits were accepted. They told me that I did indeed have access to the vip lounge as well as the one time fast lane use. I proceeded to use both benefits with no problems.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service