Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

To the moon....why didn't we think of this before? Joint venture with SpaceX.....somebody call Elon!

Could even play Sinatra's "Fly me to the moon" in the queue....oh wait...that's a love song, so maybe not. Don't want people feeling like they need to drop their cigarettes....

Nick

I should have clarified that the heights were a little too generous but the concept with the current top hat you wouldn’t need 555’. Maybe 250’/300’, that’s reasonable and creates a hype of something I’d ride and want to ride again. Just retheming and changing the launch, I will ride once to say I did it but it’s not something I want to continue to wait hours in line for. Is it cheaper, yes, does it make me want to stop what I’m doing and head to Cedar Point to ride it, no.

As for the finances, how do we know Cedar Fair hasn’t been planning this for sometime? The ride has been unreliable and down for multiple months before the incident. To the point I hadn’t been on it for 3 to 4 years. They always talk about their 5 year plans to think this wasn’t a topic of discussion at some point before 2021 is unrealistic I feel.

Last edited by JL42,

JL42:

Just retheming and changing the launch, I will ride once to say I did it but it’s not something I want to continue to wait hours in line for. Is it cheaper, yes, does it make me want to stop what I’m doing and head to Cedar Point to ride it, no.

I promise I am not picking you apart here, but step away from being an enthusiast for a minute and think of the average CP visitor. They will ride a reimagined TTD and will wait hours for it.

Nick

JL42:

Well yes it was haha and I will, but what is not fun is having any idea other than reality be poo poo’d 20 minutes after it is posted.

Should he have waited 30 minutes? An hour? How long is long enough before your pipe dream gets shattered?

PyroKinesis09:

Should he have waited 30 minutes? An hour? How long is long enough before your pipe dream gets shattered?

You missed the point, but at least 3-5 business day.

Last edited by JL42,

djDaemon:

Capacity would be, what, maybe 400 PPH?

Still better than Drager’s average day with all the down time…

Ravine Flyer II - The Gravity Group does it again.

All I want is for the webcams to capture another construction worker taking a leak. Call it a 20th anniversary retro experience

Tennessee_CP_Fan:

I promise I am not picking you apart here, but step away from being an enthusiast for a minute and think of the average CP visitor. They will ride a reimagined TTD and will wait hours for it.

The general public that won’t let Cedar Point post about this ride with the comments on? In the world of viral media people are more informed for better or worse.

If people were willing to wait hours to ride the original TTD, why do you think that they won't wait hours for the reimagined TTD, even if the revamp is only a new launch?

I think you know the answer to that question.

People will wait hours for anything.

Yes they are! Just look at what's happening at

Westminster Hall as we speak. And that's just

to be rushed by a closed box with who-knows-

what inside. 22 hours for that?

Last edited by DaveDzRochNY,

Promoter of fog.

Just got back from the park, almost all of the break fins on the launch are gone, end of the cable launch is gone. That is all I could see. Would love to share photos if there was a way.

Most of the fins were gone last Sunday, as well. From Millennium I could see that something was different on dragster. It took me waaaay to long, plus a ride on iron dragon to realize that the break fins were gone. As of Sunday, I think the brackets from the breaks were left sitting on top of the track.

I’d love to see some photos as well, but I’m not sure how to get them without violating the on ride camera rules.

They haven’t removed all the fins yet; there’s still a few pairs left near the launch engine house. This was taken from the midway right near the lawnmower display.

Wide angle shot of the location, with the fence clearly visible 😁

Spell it with me…

B-R-A-K-E

Jeff noted that Intamin probably doesn’t build their LSM’s…

Remember the company name was derived from International Amusement Installations. Now they’re sort of a manufacturer, but mostly, and from the beginning, they’re really more of an integrator. Originally they didn’t build anything, but they would combine a structure engineered by Werner Stengel, built by Waagner-Biro with vehicles designed by B&M and call it an INTAMIN ride.

—Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Just wanted to add too, from a quick look from Power Tower Drop, all the control hardware (brakes, sensors, even kicker wheels) has been removed from the entire track, including the brake run and stations. All that remains right now in the launch, brake run, and station is the skeletal box track and the top side of the track (i.e., the cable guide and the plates where the kicker wheels on the brake run/stations popped out).

Last edited by bootymix96,

(referencing the video with the reverse launch 500 plus foot spike. Reply didn't seem to work for me)

So this isn't directly related to TTD but I noticed what looked like a Mach extreme spinner in the iron dragon plot and I would love to see that YouTuber post a video of that because I don't see it anywhere on their channel.

Last edited by TwistedCircuits,

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service