Food....

Cane's is the best fast food joint, IMO.

They also have the best mascot, Cane (III). We collect the yearly plush releases because they are cute and fit in well with our holiday decorations, plus it benefits local animal charities/rescue organizations. That alone adds a serious amount of points, in my book.

Kevinj said:

Are chicken tenders now considered a "lesser" food?

Yes, in my book.

I don’t understand the excitement of eating chicken tenders at an amusement park.

I don't think anyone is suggesting eating chicken tenders is exciting, just that chicken tenders can be damned delicious when done well. Like pretty much any food. Categorically dismissing them as "lesser food" seems weird.

Brandon

Call me weird. If I go to a restaurant I don’t get chicken tenders. Too many “higher foods” to choose from.

Again, I don't think anyone here is ordering tendies with their neat Pappy Van Winkle before their chocolate soufflé. We're talking in the context of amusement park and fast food.

Brandon

There are lesser chicken tenders, no doubt. But not all deserve a bad rep.
Cane’s is probably my favorite. The chicken is dee-lish and the sauce is well, I put that s on everything. Zaxby’s was ok, and they actually have above average salads.
All I need to do is lay my well-trained eye on a chicken tender to tell you if it’s likely good or not. The flat, dry bready things are always a pass.
As far as parks go, chicken tenders are a wise menu item. They’re not so expensive, are easy to make, can be eaten with one’s fingers, and you rarely have to coax a kid into eating them. Adults like them too and are more likely to order them over kids meal nuggets.
Chicken has a long history at amusement parks and when I was a kid fried chicken dinners were standard food hall favorites. LeSourdsville, Camden, and even Cedar Point had fried chicken places and they were popular. I think the labor intensive cut up pieces gave way to strips and tenders as an easier product to cook and serve.

Shades said:

Call me weird.

Okay, Shades is weird.

I freely admit that!

Different strokes, but I don't go to parks to eat "good" food. Orlando resort dining slightly aside (and even then YMMV.)

...I go to parks allowing myself to eat corn dogs, funnel cake, french fries and everything I never eat when I'm not at a park.

Shades:

Yes, in my book.

Sucks.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I had dinner at Columbia in Celebration, FL tonight. In case anyone is wondering, I did not get chicken tenders.

MDOmnis:

Farmhouse is a great addition. The steak is a go to almost every visit.

I really miss the steak skewer option that the place on the island served the last few years - was that location called Provisions? It had just the right seasoning and was always very tender and the garlic sauce that they served with it was excellent. It was just always hit or miss as to whether the food stand was even open - being tucked away as far as it was with only the one way in - it really would be nice if the food places open/closed status would be provided somehow in the park's mobile app before making that trek in just to eat there...

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Anyone here try any of the fry specialties? Were you impressed? Was it worth it?

I sort of get Shades’ point about chicken tenders, and I had the same thought initially. I used to read a lot of complaints about the park’s food, and my impression was that people were looking for more diverse options rather than improving on the standard fare. But I think there are plenty of people, myself included, who still enjoy the traditional fare. (I enjoy both.) What I think Shades is maybe not understanding is that, regardless of what I order, I want it to be done well. I don’t want a soggy corn dog, a shriveled Slim Jim for a hot dog, or dry chicken tenders. I’m not eating the traditional park food just for sustenance; I’m eating it for enjoyment, just like those who are choosing the less traditional fare.

Hudson:

Anyone here try any of the fry specialties? Were you impressed? Was it worth it?

Im at the park today. I stopped by Happy Friar’s to check out the fry festival. I asked at the counter how it was going and the young lady said it was going great, there’s lots of interest and the spud mountain was really popular. Then once I was seated the group of five at the table next to me sat down with one. It was a mess of fries.
The prices for the specialties were high- from 15 bucks to 50. I just got the regular fries with gov’ment cheese and that was fine for me.
I also got a sweet picture with the Friar that I will always cherish. He’s cute with quite a bit of junk in the trunk and some kind of (British?) accent, lol.

Initial impressions on the Halloweekends food announcements:

It looks like just slight variations on the existing food options. That gives me a little hope that maybe they'll allow some of them with the meal plan. It would be annoying to hear 'you can have this sauce, but not that one' but they've done stuff like that before. The dessert options, probably not. I can see it going either way, wish they'd just give us a yes/no.

The Friday only item looks like a strange decision. Guessing those will be the higher priced items. With my luck I'll see something I want and it'll sell out before I get to the park. And yep, night of the living fed not mentioned anywhere. I was prepared for that one though. Feeling a bit underwhelmed so far.

cedarpoint.com/blog/media-center/2022-halloweekends-release

cpfoodblog.com/2022-cedar-point-halloweekends-food-guide/

The food at the new places is just ok, still disappointed that there is still barely any places you can eat if you are on any kind of dietary restriction. Being on Keto, it is still extremely difficult, if not impossible, to find a tasty meal I can eat. Want nutritional information for the food at Farmhouse? Good luck, as they did not have a sheet available when requested. They do show calorie counts, but those really do not tell you anything at all.

It is great that they are improving the food, but still disappointing that alternative options just are not available for those of us who cannot eat normally, unless you want the hockey puck burger with no bun.

They can only do so much to accommodate dietary needs, and are even less obligated to do much to accommodate dietary wants at an amusement park. If you have health issues that necessitate a keto diet, that's truly unfortunate, but unless I'm totally ignorant (a likely possibility) on the issue I would imagine those who require a keto diet are exceedingly rare.

Brandon

I think they allow you to bring in your own outside food if you require certain dietary needs that are not available in the park.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Have you checked out the Wild Turnip for special diet needs?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service