Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

2020TpForSale said:

But what does the year+ of down time do to the wear and tear/ mechanics of the ride?

I would guess that they are "exercising" parts/equipment on a frequency that is called out by the manufacturer of said part if required.

Shades said:

I heard Ready To Go this weekend.

I hate the American version of that song.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Guessing you like the "original version" as YouTube calls it?

I think the version they play in the station is a better fit for Dragster - more energy.

The UK version, as it were, yes. If you know that album you know how jarring and repackaged the US version is with the cheesy guitars. The original works just fine with proper volume and subwoofers. Ask any EDM fan which version they like better.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Standing on the Dragster platform I will gladly choose the US version.

EDM fan here. I never heard the original version until just now and agree it's superior.

Jeff said:

The UK version, as it were, yes. If you know that album you know how jarring and repackaged the US version is with the cheesy guitars. The original works just fine with proper volume and subwoofers. Ask any EDM fan which version they like better.

Really? Honestly, the US version is better in my opinion. Of course I'm a rock fan, so I might just be a bit biased in that regard. Also, the UK and US mixes weren't the only version of the song, there's also a 2010 version. It sounds a little overproduced, but the guitars are amazing in this. Makes me want to start a mosh pit in TTD's queue. Not to mention a metal version of the song sounds like a good idea.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Any more activity going on at or around TTD?

I heard reports of maintenance changing the blinker fluid on the Black Cherry train today.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

DragsterD said:

Any more activity going on at or around TTD?

They started playing the UK version of Ready to Go and these guys were spotted examining the track near the brake run...

Promoter of fog.

Skyhawk06 said:
Really? Honestly, the US version is better in my opinion.

That's because Americans will listen to anything as long as it fits in a ****ty box for radio, and you don't hear the good stuff. Look at the current state of American pop music... it's mostly the worst forgettable pop and homogenous emo crap. Meanwhile, actual rock music is coming out of Europe. I can assure you that a US record exec added the guitar to "Ready To Go." The band had nothing to do with it.

Jeff said:

The original works just fine with proper volume and subwoofers. Ask any EDM fan which version they like better.

On my 2.2 stereo setup (two 5 driver towers) and two ported 12" subs I use for music, with the room and listening position calibrated and a big EDM fan, the US version sounds better and more punchy to my ears. The UK version is more anemic in comparison.Both are "fine", I could with either/or and probably not even notice if they had it blaring somewhere. That's my worthless contribution to this topic. Carry on.

Of course, because American music is notoriously compressed and lacks dynamic range. And for some reason people like that.

The Struts have been the most wonderful addition to the rock scene coming from over the pond in recent memory.

It never ceases to amaze me the variety of non-CP topics people will get into pissing matches over in these forums! Why is it that everything that people have differing opinions on has to turn into an "I know more than you and you are an imbecile" contest?

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Since we're apparently hijacking this thread..

I just think everyone in America needs to listen to bands NOT from the US.. Bands like Nightwish, Sabaton, Within Temptation and these guys. ;) And watch this video.

(disclaimer I may or not be working shows for them on their upcoming US tour)

*NSFW*

Last edited by Red Garter Rob,

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

And in one of the very rare public instances of opinions between us. I can't agree with Jeff enough on "Ready to Go".

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Sabaton is one of my favorites, I remember when I first heard panzerkampf while playing war thunder on the Kursk map. One of the best battles I'd had in game.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

I took a listen to the Electric Callboy song and a random Sabaton song (something about the Red Baron). I can say that even if they Americanized those songs I would not like them. Definitely not my thing.

Sabaton definitely has an AC/DC-like ability to be remarkably consistent with their sound, and whether that's a good thing or a bad thing will depend on your taste for history buff power metal. While I can't say that every song in their catalogue will do it for me, I would much rather headbang to "Winged Hussars" or "The Last Stand" than to a ride on Corkscrew.

The metal scene really never petered out in Europe, Scandinavia and Eastern Europe especially, though for other oddly specific [niche subject]-metal bands, there's always Alestorm for your dose of Scottish Pirate Metal.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service