Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

jimmyburke said:

Reading all of these theories and scenario's is nearly as complicated as trying to figure out the Browns QB situation, but infinitely less yucky. It's actually a pleasant distraction from it and isn't that what Amusement Parks are, kinda sorta distraction from more weighty issues in life? I say yes not once, not twice, but thrice.

The issue is they didn't acknowledge the 420 foot elephant in the middle of the park, this limits myself and many others from making an informed decision on where we want to spend our money.

All they needed to do was be transparent, acknowledge top thrill if they aren't ready to share their plans weather or not it's staying then just tell us you're not ready.

Based on your comment, TTD is the only reason that you would go to the park?

Shades said:

Based on your comment, TTD is the only reason that you would go to the park?

No, but it extremely anti-consumer to have this ride there but not tell people if it's going to open or not, or if they're working on it.

Most parks need to get called out for these truthfully outdated practices.

Calling them anti-consumer simply because you're disappointed they didn't announce anything regarding TTD is patently ridiculous.

Brandon

It IS anti consumer, there's a ride that's been sbno for over a year by the time the season ends, yet as a consumer I have no way of knowing if that ride will be there. That directly affects the value you or me gets out of a ticket.

You gotta look at it like this as a consumer I can't fully make an informed decision on making a cedar point trip (flights, hotel, rental car). That in itself is anti consumer. Add on the abysmal maintenance the last couple years (compared to previous years), these things GREATLY affect the value we get out of our tickets. All I'm saying they should be transparent so people can make better informed decisions.

I agree that the multiple references to 18 roller coasters at this point more or less confirms that TTD is staying.

I disagree that TTD has to reopen silently. If CP were to think TTD’s public perception is irreparably damaged, they wouldn’t keep it. It doesn’t make business sense to keep an attraction that can never be spoken of again. Plus, I actually think it would be more disrespectful to last year’s victim for CP not to generally refer to how they’re ensuring/improving TTD’s safety going forward.

Thrills Around the Corner!

Beanie, why do you need to know now the status of TTD for plans you're not even going to make until next year?

Furthermore, who spends thousands of dollars on a trip based on the status of one ride? Hell, even if the ride reopens next year, there's no guarantee it'll be open when you visit. Or that it won't rain the entire time.

Brandon

CP encourages it by putting the discounts on preorders. I'm too big of a fanboy to even consider not getting a 2023 pass, but I was hoping for info to justify the all season fastlane addon. A clear yes on dragster and valravn would have helped, but I think what we got will be it for a while. New coaster will probably have fastlane right? Another guess.

I've already mentioned if the ride is gonna be closed then cool, thanks for telling me.

If they're going to SILENTLY change the expected lineup of rides, that is anti-consumer. This was the perfect opportunity to atleast acknowledge the existence of a ride that's been sbno for nearly a year.

Truthfully the additions look great and will be worth a trip, but the lack of transparency should be called out.

^ a near fatality and the victim's family wishes for her recovery to remain private trumps your need for transparency.

Beer and golf Thursday thru Monday, Cedar Point & beer, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Can you see One-Eyed-Willie from the top of Magnum?

Beanie, you’re looking at this backwards.
Absolutely nowhere is it stated that TTD is operating. Not on ads, not on the website, not on the map. In fact signage in the park states the ride will not operate during the 2022 season. Because you can see it does not mean it will open nor should it. And if you’re worried about being cheated on a future ticket don’t buy one. Or do so knowing the park will offer “18 Rollercoasters” and go from there.

Browntggrr said:

^ a near fatality and the victim's family wishes for her recovery to remain private trumps your need for transparency.

Huh? No one said anything about the victim here.

I'm personally enjoying this ambiguity from the park regarding TTD's fate. Or, more accurately, I'm enjoying the reactions to it.

I can't imagine one coaster making or breaking a trip to CP. Especially a one trick pony that is so unreliable that there is no way to even predict it would be open even if they said it would be open.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I guess we'll agree to disagree. I'm still going to stand by the fact it's anti-consumer to be selling passes when you won't tell people what the expected lineup will look like.

Knowing the expected lineup before purchasing tickets allows the consumer to make informed decisions. To some people ttd not being around can be the difference between going to cedar point or another park.

I believe that it was announced that it would be down the entire 2022 season. I think that was announced prior to the season starting?

As far as buying passes for next year, nothing says that they have to be purchased now. They can be purchased at any time between now and whenever.

The station loading gates are wide open today.

that’d be a Tony tease

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I’m starting to lean towards the others in that there may not be an announcement for Dragster’s reopening any time soon, if not, at all.

Beanie said:

I'm still going to stand by the fact it's anti-consumer to be selling passes when you won't tell people what the expected lineup will look like.

The expected lineup is listed on the website. Pretty transparent if you ask me.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service