New Prestige Passes

I'm Accesso illiterate.

How can one see the 2023 Gold/Platinum passes?

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I haven't been able to confirm but I have a hunch.

Set your computer ahead to next year. If you can trick acesseo into thinking it's 2023 that might make it show those options?

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Well someone must have caught on and fixed the glitch. The simple answer is that there's keywords embedded in the links on the season pass page that send you to a specific Accesso page. The keywords made it kind of obvious how they were separating 2022 and 2023 passes.

For example, with the gold pass the "Buy Now" link has this HTML attribute on it.

data-accesso-keyword="latesummergoldsp"

At the time, one could just fire up their browsers developer tools and replace the "latesummer" with "fall", click the link and you're sitting on the 2023 pass purchase page. Good old fashioned security by obscurity.

Last edited by Aaronosmer,

Ah so they fixed it before I started snooping.

It does still seem to be hiding there because if you start replacing 2022 with 2023 different assets show up.

Last edited by TwistedCircuits,

DJ Fischer

Scott Cameron said:

My big question is whether in the in-park amenities will be available at all parks with Prestige+. For example, if I have a CP Prestige+ pass, will I be able to access the VIP lounge at KI? That part isn't really clear or I missed it.

It’s in the fine print at the bottom of the purchase page (see below), but Prestige+ benefits do not transfer to other parks, and it indicates that this includes things like Early Entry and Preferred Parking as well as the VIP lounge and the single use Fast Lane voucher. In other words, these benefits are only valid at the home park you purchase your pass from, and your home park is defined by the park website you’re purchasing from (in this screenshot, CP would be defined as your home park). When you go outside your home park, it sounds like all you get from your pass is admission to the other park, along with any pass add-ons you have, beyond the base pass (Dining Plan, FunPix, drinks, etc.). (I sure as hell hope that they at least included General Parking at non-home parks, because having to pay for parking at another park sounds insane.) This sounds like such a bizarre move, but I’m really wondering if this is in part to curb the Canada’s Wonderland currency exchange loophole. IMO, the strangest outcome of this policy as written is that any non-CP home park Prestige+ passholders (KI passholders included) will be locked out of CP’s early entry, short of booking a resort room.

Last edited by bootymix96,

You're only "prestigious" at your home park. Everywhere else? Well...

Promoter of fog.

I saw that section too, it reads to me not that they won't necessarily be there but that not all parks may have them and they may have a different set. So similar to the fact that a platinum pass used to be uniform across all parks, a prestige Plus pass would but they have different benefits that each park offers? It likely won't be the exact same as Cedar Point, but they will have something to offer.

DJ Fischer

So does this mean that if you're just going to the beach, you won't be able to park close enough unless you spend enough for the Platinum+Pass? I imagine that the "free Preferred parking" means those spaces are going to be snapped up before anybody else even has a chance to pay $10 extra to park there.

^^TC, you may be right, as that second sentence in the asterisk (“Contact the park you are planning to visit for any questions regarding applicable benefits”) would suggest that as long as they have a benefit to match (e.g. Preferred Parking at CP and Preferred Parking at KI), your pass’s benefit would transfer to that non-home park. That interpretation sounds a lot more logical.

Last edited by bootymix96,

I noticed something else troubling. When you add the '2023 Season Pass Fast Lane Plus' add-on to the prestige pass. It lists Gatekeeper as one of the Plus rides, and not Valravn. Hopefully it's just listing them based on current status, and they don't anticipate a Maxair level of delay in getting it back up and running.

The way I am interpreting things is Prestige Plus at the other parks that have it, Carowinds & Kings Island you will get the same benefits if available. At the parks that do not have Prestige Plus your pass acts like a Platinum.

Also, find it interesting the Prestige Passes are not currently offered at Wonderland or Knotts. I do not really see this going to all the parks, it fits with the the top 5 parks & possibly KD.

So, with the new 2023 passes available, and the Platinum offering early entry when that perk appeared to be exclusive to Prestige in the "leaked" info, is it safe to assume there will be no Prestige offered for 2023?

Brandon

The page linked at the beginning of the thread is still up, and has links to buy them. I haven't tried, so I'm not sure if you can finish the whole process. I thought I saw a pic of someone who had bought one and got the one use fastlane already.

I renewed all of my family's passes to Prestige+ using that link successfully so they're definitely selling them. Why they're not being advertised, I don't know.

I'm fairly sure that the Prestige passes are purposefully unlisted because it enhances the whole "exclusivity" appeal of the new pass, so only existing passholders got the official notice (and webpage link) about the new passes. The ad copy on the Prestige webpage also indicates this idea: "You’re invited to upgrade to our all-new Prestige Pass" and "With a Prestige Pass, you’ll still enjoy all the benefits you’ve come to love from your Gold or Platinum Pass plus additional extras to make your season even more amazing."

Also, just to add, a member on KICentral who has KI's Prestige+ pass reported that their Prestige benefits were valid at CP (i.e., they were able to use VIP and the one-time Fast Lane Plus at our park), so there is reciprocity.

Has there been any confirmation that the FLP for FL price deal continues with the Platinum Pass? I don't see it mentioned among the benefits, and don't recall if it was mentioned among the benefits in previous years.

Brandon

It was specifically mentioned for prior years so I fear that benefit got the axe.

It was mentioned on the website the 2022 platinum passes. I have not seen it listed anywhere for the 2023 renewals.

I received an email to purchase Prestige last week. It contained the link that has now been spread all over forums. The email offer was good thru Sept 5th, which makes it seem the Prestige Pass offer will go to everyone at that time & maybe at a higher price. The criteria to get the early offer seem random. I have had Platinum for 7 years with all the add ons, though friends with the same, did not receive the email.

Thanks. It's strange that even the $400 Prestige+ Pass doesn't list it as a perk. That perk is a key benefit of the pass for us.

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service