Cedar Point 2023

But that fenced in area is what links us all together! We jump anytime anyone gets a glimpse of what’s in there. Not knowing has us climbing the walls…

Cedar Point Nation on FB has been posting photo updates every so often. Mostly not much to see, just what looks like typical foundation/structure construction, including stairwells and an elevator shaft. The only sorta interesting thing is a newly-dug, large hole on the north side of the building site.

Brandon

I suspect the new construction to the North may be for whatever flats or ride relocation is happening for next season. Time will tell.

djDaemon said:
The only sorta interesting thing is a newly-dug, large hole on the north side of the building site.

likely mass graves

First ride; Magnum 1994

For the not made whole people.

I’m searching for the humor in that ^^ post and I’m not finding it.

Nothing delays construction more like freshly dug holes filling up with water. Then you have to wait for them to dry out, and hope they don't fill back up again.

I’d think at CP it would be likely that holes dug would always have water in them. It’s a peninsula and so sandy everywhere.
I'm no engineer, but I imagine the procedure is to pump standing water out as best as possible then quickly insert and fill forms for a foundation or a slab.

RCMAC said:

I’m searching for the humor in that ^^ post and I’m not finding it.

Maybe the former ride graves display for Halloweekends was taking up too much space so they instead are going to bury the remains of those rides in a single spot. New for 2024, CP Catacombs walk-through.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

^CP Catacombs Swim-Through*

I mean, the logical conclusion here, is they're bringing back Sir Rub-A-Dub's Tubs.

PyroKinesis09 said:

Nothing delays construction more like freshly dug holes filling up with water. Then you have to wait for them to dry out, and hope they don't fill back up again.

You grossly misunderstand civil engineering.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Jeff said:

PyroKinesis09 said:

You grossly misunderstand civil engineering.

you grossly misunderstand how this new Sir Rub-A-Dub Tub is going to operate

The Crystal Method is the only way to find The Winner!

Don't quote the previous post.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

lol thanks

Looks like steel is going up! Pumped to see this new addition. These quality of life improvements are always welcome.

The Crystal Method is the only way to find The Winner!

CoasterKid20 said:

^CP Catacombs Swim-Through*

Sounds like some awesome scuba diving.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

So what's the latest on.the fenced-in area? Has anything been fenced?

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I hope they are not dealing in stolen goods.

e x i t english said:

I mean, the logical conclusion here, is they're bringing back Sir Rub-A-Dub's Tubs.

I thought that's what they were going to replace dragster with.

Last edited by Frog Hopper King,

argues just for clicks

Nobody ever got decapitated by Sir Rub A Dub's Tubs.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service