Cedar Point from Johnson's Island

Why would you swing a cat to find a carnival???

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Florida has a lot of cats, and it’s an easy way to find all sorts of things, not just carnivals. Try it.

So cruelty to animals is a good way to find something in Florida???

RCMAC could you put some instructions together so I can properly understand the Floridian feline locator system?

DJ Fischer

I don't know about animals in general, but cruelty to humans specifically appears to be a good way to find the Governorship in Florida. ;-)

Brandon

The Strawberry Festival is actually in Plant City, not Lakeland but it's the next city over so still close by. I thought about going to it a few months ago but I never did. But one thing we have here in Lakeland is the Sun n Fun air show. It's the second biggest air show in the US after Oshkosh. They don't have any rides there but they do have good aircraft on display and you get to see good aerial acrobatics and demonstrations. I also wanted to go the State Fair this year but never made it. Only about a 35 minute drive from me.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Brian, I am very familiar with Sun & Fun in Lakeland as a few users of Burke attended it regularly. Same with Oshkosh. As for OWA, don't expect too much as we were spoiled by Cedar Point being the awesome place it is. Even if SkyRide is not operating.

I think it was Twisted Circuits who did the zip-code registry. I'll have to update mine to 32420 where we found a decent autism school for our son.

Plant City, yes. Right next door. I thought about that the instant I mashed the button.
It’s the place for delicious early season strawberries, some of the best in the world, you can’t swing a cat without hitting a patch.

I forgot about the map!

I should check the thread and update it. Life has gotten a little crazy for me and I haven't looked in awhile.

DJ Fischer

If OP wants to complain about Sky Ride not running, he should be complaining about the Sky Ride at Busch Gardens Tampa. They haven't run theirs since before the pandemic. They didn't run it last year due to staffing and they had scheduled to open it this year but recently said it's delayed indefinitely due to difficulty in obtaining parts.

Brian

Skyride in BGW didn't operate for a long time last year as well. They did finally get it going in Q4 though. While it is nice to have it back, I would think if parts were an issue they should chosen to focus on BGT instead considering the whole animal view aspect and everything.

And I’m glad they got it running at BGW we were there In sept. Very cool chairlift.
also, I officially propose coasterhawk rename to camerahawk.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Thabto, isn't there a Goodyear blimp stationed in Lakeland?

Haha, no. The nearest Goodyear Blimp to me is in Pompano Beach down by Ft. Lauderdale. About a 3 and a half hour drive for me. I went down there once.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian

Now, if Weeki Wachee had a web-cam, that might be worth viewing!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service