News: Cedar Fair hires Brian Nurse as executive vice president, chief legal officer and secretary

Cedar Fair's new Chief Legal Officer Brian Nurse brings to the company more than 25 years of comprehensive experience with some of the best-known entertainment and food and beverage companies in the world.

https://pointbuzz.com/News/Story/3354

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I wonder if he was one of the recent cuts made by Vince McMahon?

I see where Cedar Fair's new legal officer will be located in Charlotte, NC. I wonder if they wanted Duffy Milkie, CF's former legal officer, to relocate and, being a local boy, didn't want to go to Charlotte so they started pushing him "out the door."

But why wouldn't he want to vacate such a dying city? /sarcasm.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Actually LOL'd for real on that one. Thanks Dvo!

Dvo said:

But why wouldn't he want to vacate such a dying city? /sarcasm.

Stockholm Syndrome. No matter how much you try to deny it , the area is a dying one horse town only propped up by Cedar Fair/Cedar Point.

"Breaking news: Local economy supported by local business" isn't the whip-smart analysis you think it is. It's literally how every small town in America with a big company in it works.

It's going to be interesting not seeing Decker, McClure, Ouimet, Edwards, etc... It's almost like a whole new roster from just a few years ago. Let's see what the future holds.

I definitely noticed the loss of Jason McClure this season. His presence and gentle demeanor at events or on the midway were always appreciated. That said, even in his new position, I still saw him at the park more this summer than his successor, who I only saw on the midways one time, on Closing Day.

GDdashROM said:

It's literally how every small town in America with a big company in it works.

And the only downside risk in these scenarios is the company/industry leaving town or closing up shop, which is obviously not going to happen with the Sandusky-Cedar Point relationship.

Brandon

Cartwright said:

I definitely noticed the loss of Jason McClure this season. His presence and gentle demeanor at events or on the midway were always appreciated. That said, even in his new position, I still saw him at the park more this summer than his successor, who I only saw on the midways one time, on Closing Day.

I saw Carrie on the midway everytime I visited the park this year. She was almost always around the front gate greeting people as the walked in.

GDdashROM said:

"Breaking news: Local economy supported by local business" isn't the whip-smart analysis you think it is. It's literally how every small town in America with a big company in it works.

Sanduskyis wholly dependent , thus the numerous articles of apoplectic proportion in 2020. As stated before, Sandusky is a hole, low income area. Other places with big parks are not dependent on the parks for 80% of the towns operating revenue. Places like Gurnee(SFGAM), Jackson(SFGadv) have median income 2 or 2.5X Sandusky, they have a tax base regardless of the park, unlike Sandusky.

Sandusky still has Callahan Auto. If they go under, the whole town goes under.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Ah, the comical internal jabs at CP/Sandusky from Paramount Pictures before CF bought the Paramount Parks.... and he we are with a Paramount holdover running the company down again, albeit not in film form.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

What else is in Doswell, VA besides Kings Dominion? Would Mason, OH be anything without Kings Island? What’s in Corfu, NY (and THAT is a low income area) besides Darien Lake? SFDL isn’t just the biggest taxpayer in Corfu, it’s one of the biggest taxpayers in all of Genesee County.

A town building up businesses based on a park isn’t unique to Sandusky.

ROUNDABOUND.

There's countless examples, beyond the realm of theme parks. Nobody's saying that Sandusky is a five-star luxury retreat. But saying it's dying is a far cry from reality. But clearly CED is choosing to die on this hill (figuratively, just to be clear), so there's no sense in trying to argue against it.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

First, nice lame try to include a small parks that is not comparable at all to Cedar Point & ignore the big parks more comparable to it that were mentioned like SFGAdv & SFGAm. You know parks that are in in the 3M+ attendance .

Clearly beyond you to understand the difference between other big parks & that the towns are not wholly dependent on the park like Sandusky. These other big park towns have income levels more than double Sandusky, thus these places have a natural tax base, they aren't dependent on the parks for 80% of operating revenue.

Median Household income

Sandusky : $38,400

Mason, OH(Kings Island) : $100,600

Gurnee, IL (SFGAm) : $96,100

Jackson, NJ (SFGAdv) : $95,100

Doswell, VA : $81,200

Corfu, NY : $63,600..they are even far beyond the hole that is Sandusky.

Last edited by CED23,

CED23 said:

...they aren't dependent on the parks for 80% of operating revenue.

This is a feature, not a bug. Many places would kill for a very successful captive business. Hell, many cities throw billions of tax dollars at companies to get them to relocate.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone this hilariously, pitifully obsessed with talking crap about a city. Just completely unhinged, irrational anger.

Brandon

Sorry your entire BS blew up on facts about other places with parks. Btw, no city or town with a health economy is dependent on one company for 80% of operating revenue. It's only that way if you have nothing else, thus why Sandusky was apoplectic during Covid & apoplectic about any corporate office movement. They have no tax base. The city is a low income area

Yes, Sandusky was the only city in the World that was concerned about tax revenue during the worst of the pandemic. No arguing with that stone cold logic.

In all seriousness, it's not noteworthy that different areas have different incomes. The median home cost in Gurnee, for example, is roughly four times the cost of a home in Sandusky. In Mason, the median home costs nearly five times as much as one in Sandusky. In Jackson, you'd be ponying up six times as much for a house.

You're not exactly comparing apples to apples with your "facts," since you are omitting this very relevant information. So you are being either intentionally misleading, or unintentionally ignorant.

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service