I did the onboarding...Now what? My questions and concerns.

I figured this site could help me out regarding questions I have about the Cedar Point hiring process. I'm going for the position of a marina attendant, and I'm both nervous and excited. I have some questions regarding what's next.

1. When do I process in? I did the interview and onboarding in early February. When will they call/email me about it? What's my next steps?
  2. Do they do the drug test for marina positions? I'm concerned about that because I'm taking a prescription SSRI that can cause false positives for benzodiazepines. I'm tapering off of it possibly in April for seasonal depression, but it still stays in your system for more than a day.
  3. When does the marina crew start working?
  4. What is orientation like?

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

I can't answer any of those questions for you but I can tell you that if you are going to be working in the Marina, your manager is pretty cool. I have known him a long time and he's a good leader. You're gonna have a fun summer out their on the docks.

Honestly, I'm looking forward to working in the marina. Still a little nervous as this is my first job.

I'd rather be sailing

Skyhawk06 said:

Honestly, I'm looking forward to working in the marina. Still a little nervous as this is my first job.

just be yourself and you’ll have nothing to worry about.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

1. They will let you know. Keep checking you email.

2. You will take the whiz-quiz the day you process in. Be sure to have your prescription with you to show to medical.

3. They have a staggered starting, so it spans a few months.

4. Orientation is a few hours of your life that you will never get back.... actually a lot of good information is given out, so pay attention (as long as you can).

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

^Thank you, 1000 years of force. I've already got my start date confirmed and my on boarding. I'm both nervous and excited for it if I'm honest. I did talk to the marina manager about the meds thing. About orientation, how long does it last?

I'd rather be sailing

Orientation varies depending on some factors. Plan on at least a few hours.

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

Is there anything I should bring for it?

I'd rather be sailing

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service