Made To Thrill Merchandise

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/these-products-are-made-to-thrill

I really love that the park went ahead with this partnership. This guy has made some fantastic art for years, and now it's a branded image. I think they're going to sell a ton of these things.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I'm planning on buying at the WCO sale. I was stoked to see they were offering them there.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

I have a few of the older posters sold through their website hanging on my wall. They're definitely high quality. Honestly prefer the older art to these. But these are fantastic as well. Here is a link to the one's I purchased. https://shop.madetothrill.com/collections/prints/products/sandusky-...poster-set

Only complaint was how long it took to ship. This was before the USPS issues were as well documented as they were during the holidays. I ordered my posters spring 2020 and they took about 2 months to get to me after the reported ship date. These being available in park would eliminate that issue.

The company also makes some fantastic looking t-shirts and other items I hope CP will bring into the park as well. Again, super high quality in my opinion, excited to see where this relationship leads in the park.

Last edited by WolfBobs,

Ordered a poster today but like literally everything the USPS touches it’ll likely arrive sometime this fall. I’ve added about four weeks into anything I’ve ordered that ships with USPS. Even Amazon is behind now.

I just got a Christmas card in the mail yesterday that was postmarked December 14th. USPS is a mess right now.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Really excited for the collection to be released. Recently purchased my first house and the remodel is almost finished. They will fit in very nicely with the tid bit of mid century modern I am doing with my décor.

"Collect them all and have a ball with a Cedar Point wall!" Who the hell can afford all them at $40 a pop? Not me. Anyways, the site showed the first two sold out. How many did they make...10?

Actually no. The website specifically tells you how many of each were made. Over 100 for each poster that was released last week.

Magnum "Candy" Man said:

"Collect them all and have a ball with a Cedar Point wall!" Who the hell can afford all them at $40 a pop? Not me. Anyways, the site showed the first two sold out. How many did they make...10?

If you have concerns over price check out their website. They have different posters at $25/ea and are excellent quality.

I am unsure if the park exclusives are bigger dimension wise and therefore a high price point or.. just the fact they are park exclusives + limited production run to have the high price point. But I really love the posters I got from them and I love supporting a smaller company who is growing. Just expect slow shipping times with the USPS struggles.

A couple of things for you about art.
One, art isn’t cheap nor should it be. I would consider 40 bucks for a quality poster-sized print to actually be quite economical. Especially since the graphics are good- the flavor and images of Cedar Point and the other parks are well represented- unique and, well, artistic.
Two, a limited run on things like this may be a good thing. Whether they made 10 or 110, the early bird gets the worm. You like? You buy. But don’t expect there to be an unlimited supply. And anyway, the last thing you want is for everybody on earth to have the same art on their walls that you do. When that happens you’re left holding nothing.
I may be forgetting that that this is the bologna sandwich from the trunk of the car crowd, but c’mon folks. They aren’t producing this stuff strictly for the exposure.

Interestingly enough, reading through Tony's post again and looking at the photos. These park exclusive prints appear to come pre-framed? Looking forward to the WCO crowd confirming.

IF these prints are pre-framed like the photos suggest than $40/ea is a real bargain IMO.

Again I paid $25/ea for a 13x19" print. Then due to their unique size took a week or so to find a frame I liked that would fit. I believe I spent around $10/frame for a super basic black plastic frame. If you choose to custom frame expect to pay a lot more per print.

Really hoping the park teams up with this company more for some unique merch. The in park exclusive t-shirts they designed for Holiday World are super nice.

I'm really glad someone used the word 'merch' in this thread. Dvo is trying to make this forum look old because nobody says merchandise anymore. Just ask the kids!

Next thing you're going to tell me is that my pogs aren't worth much any more and that I should upgrade from this Nintendo 64. I'm not old... you're old..... ;)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

^Don't upgrade! You have no idea the money I've been spending on getting my N64 collection back to where it needs to me. Taught me a lesson, never rid yourself of old gaming consoles.

Between purchasing games I once old, HDMI connectors, hardware upgrades for HD output and new modern controllers.. I think I've spent more on my N64 in 2019/20 than I ever did in the 90s.

RCMAC said:

Two, a limited run on things like this may be a good thing. Whether they made 10 or 110, the early bird gets the worm. You like? You buy. But don’t expect there to be an unlimited supply. And anyway, the last thing you want is for everybody on earth to have the same art on their walls that you do. When that happens you’re left holding nothing.

Would someone really not order this if they knew there were 200 or 2,000 available instead of the lower number? I don't see the "exclusivity" of this as being the driver for buying it.

Two things: they are NOT framed. And despite being pleasantly surprised that my order had “shipped” on Monday, turns out a label was created and nothing more. So for those that ordered one, a friendly reminder that it will take some time.

And I absolutely believe that the more exclusive a product is the more people will be interested in it.

Shades-
No.... if there were 2000 of them then everyone would have them, which would devalue the piece. At that rate you’d have to sell them for far less.

it’s not about getting them in every enthusiast’s hands, it’s about the art. Then you have CP with marketing ideas that sound like “make a WHOLE WALL of this stuff!”, and I’m like well, that clearly ain’t happening. Trust me, it’s better to value high and make everyone wants one than to value low and make sure everyone has one.

Last edited by RCMAC,

The price isn't bad if you are only considering getting one. But there are many of us fans out there who would want the collection. So releasing them all at the same time prevents someone from doing that.

For quantity, I know low numbers mean more value. Problem here is there are a LOT of CP fans out there that want these and 108 just don't cut it. I don't care about the value of it. It can be worth $1 for all I care. I just want to get one of my favorite ride. Having them available at WCO first just makes it that much harder for those who cannot go to actually get one.

I guess the question is would it devalue it enough to not buy it. If it is high quality and it looks great on my wall, do I really care that 2,000 other people have it as well? My answer is no. Now if it were a signed, or individually numbered piece, then it would matter to me. But for me this is just a high quality poster whose very specific subject already puts it into a very limited audience.

You should pose the question to them, I guess. Their approach seems to differ from what you’d like.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service