Winter Chill Out

First: Western Cruiser - I had a very similar experience. Got a ticket in my cart, entered my payment info, when I got to the screen to review my order, the tickets disappeared.

Second: It looks like the ticketing issue even made the local (Toledo) news: https://www.13abc.com/2021/01/12/winter-chill-out-gives-cedar-point...in-freeze/

Last edited by 0g,

Slow news day..

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

Remember when PointBuzz started the Winter Chill Out and we all just kinda showed up in the Soak City parking lot? Someone let me know when that event is and I'll be there.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

That sounds like fun!

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

You didn't just show up... we used Eventbrite and took your money that way, and met at the Breakers East conference space.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I have been trying to figure out when the first Winter Chill Out was? Whether or not it was one organized by this group or by Cedar Point, I was just curious to know when this was.

As Jeff mentioned....I do remember meeting in the Breakers Conf room. This will be my 10th chill out. The first couple we attended were limited to 100 tickets. Remember it only being $15. I still have 2 of the t-shirts we received.

It certainly has grown in numbers and popularity. I have met and chatted with many Point fans,

One of the most original things we saw on a tour was walking inside the Disaster Transport building. There was an awesome spiral staircase inside...and now it's all gone.

Jeff said:

You didn't just show up... we used Eventbrite and took your money that way, and met at the Breakers East conference space.

Yeah I was exaggerating a bit. Just thinking of when times were simpler and not everything was a "major operation" by the park.

If I recall correctly, the 2011-2012 off-season had 2 quasi-Winter Chill Out events. One was in December and the other in February. Bryan Edwards served as the tour guide for both. Before that I think any winter visits were "special invite only". After the December event, we had pizza at Chet and Matt's.

Edit: YouTube videos exist of both of these because: the Internet.

December 2011

February 2012

Last edited by Chuck Wagon,

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I was trying to remember which year I went and I just saw myself under Wicked Twister in the February 2012 video so that's that. I thought I remembered it being a PointBuzz event. It was a good time. Very cool to see inside the DT building. And I believe John Hildebrant gave a good presentation in the Breakers conference room. I'd like to get to another winter event soon. Maybe next year.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Not surprised about the vents/valves because you breathe out the valves and if you have the rona it comes out the valves... Never was a fan of those or the thin gaiters.. it makes the large particulates smaller and airborne longer.

The Wife & I are excited for this coming weekends Winter Chill-Out. Our first was back in 2015 - it snowed like crazy on the Friday Evening Before Saturdays event. Our first event had lots of Winter Snow! We took pictures of the demolition of the Good Time Theatre / Valraven Site. Now it looks like we will have Plenty of snow for our second WCO. This will be our first self-guided tour, it has us anticipating how it will go. We have tickets for the 11a.m. time slot. Just curious, who else from Pointbuzz will be going and what timeslot?

Ahhhhh C.P. My Happy Place!

I'm stoked about the forecast. Glad I planned a local place to rest for the night before. I'll likely still be on premises by 11, I'm hoping to wander and get a lot of snow photos. I always enjoy seeing snowy photos of the point.

DJ Fischer

8-12 inches of snow today plus 4-8 on Thursday and bone chilling cold Saturday. A lot different than last year lol. Still looking forward to it.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Saturday's high/low is 19/10. Over here in Chicagoland we've been waiting for the temperature to climb to those numbers for weeks. Haha. February has been a nasty month.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

So, for those of you snow lovers going to Winter Chill Out, if you have the oppurtunity try entering via the Chausee. I drove that route earlier today and there are enormous walls of snow on the lake-side as well as tremendous drifts up against the houses, the result of that north wind. The road itself is clear and passable, a little narrow at spots. When turning the corner near those condos look in the trees for a majestic bald eagle which I've seen there often. On the other hand, if using the Causeway look for the eagle and massive eagle nest in the trees on the west side of the road nearing the parking booths.

Thank you for the suggestions! Eagles at Cedar Point, now that is a powerful marketing image.

DJ Fischer

Almost as good as Eagles at Dollywood.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

I thought driving on the Chausee was illegal for non-residents? I remember there being much debate about this awhile back.

Not illegal, just frowned upon.

Last edited by DRE420,

Shades said:

I thought driving on the Chausee was illegal for non-residents? I remember there being much debate about this awhile back.

Definitely not illegal. There is also still a toll booth to park from that road.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service