Maui Sands

Bed bugs...yuck and no thank you.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

I think the only way this place can be fixed is with a wrecking ball.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Hey if anyone has a wrecking ball lying around I'd be more than happy to level that building free of charge. Or any building really if I get to use a wrecking ball.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Lol Drove around it last Sunday and it's a truly sad sight when you know what it was SUPPOSED to be had everything manifested before emerson frauded the place.

Strangely, the Tiki God that sat watch out front disappeared in the last few weeks...

Funny thing is, i went on their website for nostalgic purposes and took the google tour. If you look down at the floor before entering the rooms the carpet is visibly tattered and littered with stains smh.

On google maps you see what was to come but never finished. An outdoor rooftop spa and a huge sundeck... the latter made no sense however as it was attached to the new building and dorectly faced the back of the waterpark bldg...

Imagine the sales pitch... rooftop sundeck with a beautiful view of.. a concrete sarcophagus!

Where can I find that Google tour I've always been curious what in the world the interior layout was.

DJ Fischer

Go right on maui sands website, its still active. It's a limited tour but you can see a few areas. The arcade wasn't included nor was the holidome section for good reason lol

When I got to the mauisands website it take me to a Hawaiian timeshare site?

DJ Fischer

On second thought, don't tear the place down. It will make a great home for the Make Me Whole Headquarters. No appointment necessary, walk-ins welcome.

In that case it would have to be named the Make Maui Whole department.

DJ Fischer

It'll be a universal Make Me Whole facility. CP will finally construct that highly speculated monorail, traveling from the park to the former Maui property. It will be a one way trip for guests, which they are denied re-entry to the park for the rest of the day.

kylepark said:
... It will be a one way trip for guests, who, having been made whole, are denied re-entry to the park for the rest of the day.

Fixed it for you. 😁

—Dave Althoff , Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

One of the Urbex (urban exploring) YouTube channels I follow just posted this video. Really interesting to see.

DJ Fischer

DJ, I enjoy some of those Urbex video's also. One good one was those guys went to an abandoned amusement park in China, so very ornate, just totally abandoned. Another was that one in Orlando that was a Chinese theme as well. I also enjoy some of the factories, prisons, hotels etc.... that they explore. The last one I viewed was of an abandoned mobile home/beach area just across the Rt.2 JFK bridge on the east side, Danbury Twp., facebook has a group "Abandoned Ohio".

Love watching people crawl through abandoned stuff on You Tube, but hadn't heard of Urbex. Thanks! Will check it out.

Jimmy! Awesome! A number of those sound like Proper People videos. They have done a couple of Asia trips.

Skydiver, your about to jump down a huge rabbit hole. Be warned. That channel is awesome!

DJ Fischer

Just watched the video, very creepy. At one point, they walk into that open area where the rooms overlook from the sides. That was the original part of the building when it was a Holidome, featuring a swimming pool and other recreational activities. You can see the original brick that was later covered up after the "renovation." Here's a home movie someone posted from 1990:

Thank you for the keys to your DMC Time Machine Kyle. I've been searching for one of these videos. That hilarious and so weird to see. What a concept.

DJ Fischer

There was literally a sign on the door that said "POSTED, NO TRESSPASSING." Then they're like, "We didn't know, the front door was open." People like that piss me off.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

TwistedCircuits said:

Jimmy! Awesome! A number of those sound like Proper People videos. They have done a couple of Asia trips.

Skydiver, your about to jump down a huge rabbit hole. Be warned. That channel is awesome!

Thanks for the warning- looking forward to it! Happy New Year everyone!

I enjoyed the video. I would have enjoyed it more if they had gotten arrested. Is that a double standard?

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service