July 21 2020 Big improvement

Howdy y'all!

Just rolled out of the park and wanted to post the changes I noticed, definitely some serious improvements.

Restrooms, I don't think I saw one closed.

Ride operations, only witnessed TTD and MF but imagine a similar system has been adopted across the system. Cleaning now involves spraying the trains with a garden sprayer of disinfectant and then either wiping down (where separate load and unload, they spray them in unload) or running empty to dry (others). This seems to have sped up operations substantially, opening day I only got three rides in. Today I got seven rides on five coasters (2 TTD and 2 MXL200). Generally aside from some guest behavior issues (more people with masks below nose and not social distancing at all in lines) everything felt more rounded and complete.

Park is definitely slower and I have a pretty good idea of why they cancelled the reservation system. I agree with those who said they they may start cutting weekday operations but I don't actually know the budget to say.

Can't wait to go back. Let me know if there are any questions.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

I was in the park yesterday as well, only coasters that were open that I didn't get on were Steel Vengeance and Raptor. Also got on Power Tower, maXair and sky ride. Wait times were very minimal, and I even got to spend just over an hour on the beach catching up with some of my friends. I did notice a few bathrooms closed (gemini and main train station), but I get it. Overall I agree that it was much improved over my July 11 visit, much as I expected it to be.

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

I saw the Gemini and train station bathrooms open at least once yesterday. Maybe they are on rotation?

And I passed on Steel Vengeance due to the locker policy not making it worth a single rider. Gatekeeper and Valraven have never been huge favorites as single rider, I enjoy my friends reactions more.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service