CP Resorts

Good day all!

I know Castaway Bay is closed for 2020 sadly but not surprised as they probably decided to keep it closed to speed up renovations.

But I see the cabins at LP and CP Express are also shuttered to new reservations. I'm wondering if you think it's because of staffing issues?

That would only seem logical in the case of CPE as I would think the cabins would be the first options open as they are the only true resort that can somewhat give people true social distancing, aside from the pool of course.

Any thoughts?

Staffing and limited park capacity is likely the reason that only Breakers is open.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Gotcha, makes perfect sense.. Sucks though because we love the cabins but there's always next year.

Express is open as well, right?

No. All resorts but Breakers are closed.

Brian

Well someone should tell Kevin, who apparently broke into a LHP cottage yesterday. ;-)

Brandon

Express from what they told me is only open to current reservations.

LOL!

Reservations said that preexisting reservations at in the cabins and express are honored but they aren't taking any new ones.

Is this because they want to keep them at low capacity? Or because they don't want any more guaranteed park reservation slots going out?

Probably both

Brian

djDaemon said:

Well someone should tell Kevin, who apparently broke into a LHP cottage yesterday. ;-)

Shh. No one knows we're here.

EDIT: I actually asked about this upon check-in to Lighthouse Point, and yes, it turns out we were wise to hold onto our reservation that was originally set for early June. For the two obvious reasons (staffing and capacity), they are more or less done with reservations for the foreseeable future.

That said, the view almost makes you forget for a minute that the world we live in is such a....well...I'll let you decide the rest of that sentence for yourself. In the meantime, here's the view.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Can I say ****show? That is a very nice view though! I get a lot of people are unhappy, but if I could go just to be on the lake I would. I wouldn't have any complaints. But, it's all perceptions and expectations. If you expect 2019 and you go then your probably going to have a few complaints. It you go and expect that the park is not operating any where near 2019, then you might still have fun. I've been there on a few of the busiest days they've had and got maybe 5 rides. I still had a good time.

Kevinj, if you are there tonight (Tuesday), look at that view to the northwest sky approx. one hour after sunset. There is supposed to be a comet passing by.

I think having CPE closed is an obvious clue to a new mega coaster coming in 2021. They are storing track INSIDE the rooms so no one can see it or get pictures of it.

This was confirmed when I drove by on Friday and saw CPE closed with my own eyes and I created this rumor in my head.

Prove me wrong! Do YoUr ReSeArCh!!!!1!

With that great logic and common sense, you could become president! :)

I assume some sort of Fall activity will be happening. We have reservations at LHP late September - bought a Halloweekend package and they said reservation is still valid. Yay?!

Curious has anyone stayed at Sawmill Creek? Is it open? And is there a Sawmill there?

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

More specifically do they have a sawmill that is powered with a creek?

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Kevinj,

What camera/phone did you use to take this?? did you touch it up at all? this is a great shot.

Last edited by cpblue,

I just used my Google Pixel 1.

Yes, the first one.

Nope...just pointed, aimed, and shot. I'm generally impressed at its ability to make it look like I know what I'm doing. That said, what caught my eye before I took it was the color of the lake and the ominous clouds divided by a beautiful sunset.

But thanks :)

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service