Reservations Open on the App

Scott Cameron said:

Nice to an extent, but very inefficient.

Maybe that's the point in order to discourage people from constantly choosing and cancelling reservations. It forces people to choose their reservations carefully.

Brandon

I am personally a big fan of the 1 reservation at a time policy to be perfectly honest. I can see many enthusiasts, you know the ones, single rider t-shirts and patch jackets who would sit at home and try to reserve a spot for every single day in the operating calendar.

Everything about 2020 sucks, and it sucks for everyone, I am glad CF is trying as much as possible to make it suck a little less for everyone by making their system as fair as possible.

I wonder if it has to do with weather. I could see mass cancellations if it looks like rain.

Just to speak to my own experience- I hopped on live chat yesterday and asked the customer service person about this- specifically, I'll be visiting the park from the 27th to the 29th- a three day, two night stay. I wanted to make sure I was able to get in all three days so I asked for clarification. I was told to go ahead and reserve either the first or third day and specify which days I wanted for my resort reservations when I got to the front desk.

I went ahead and took a 10:30 slot (I'm always late for park opening no matter how early I get up, I blame my yearly tradition of stopping for breakfast at Cracker Barrel en route) for the 27th, and I'll claim the other two when I get there.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

This is what we did as well. We are booked for the 12th - 16th, so I reserved a slot for the 12th; we probably won't get there until around 4:00. We'll use the guaranteed slots for the 4 days we wake up on the lake. Definitely a great year to be in a cottage.

I actually like the "one reservation can't cancel" as well. A reservation system is the only way to keep capacity limited, and people would definitely abuse it if they could.

Imagine you were running a restaurant that was reservation only. I'm pretty sure you would choose the "one at a time and no new ones until your existing reservation expires" option.

Promoter of fog.

As of this afternoon passholders get 2 reservations to use. Sounds like this still will use the same cancelation system reading details ATM.

https://twitter.com/cedarpoint/status/1278379933555986432?s=09

While I'm glad to see that they went to two for passholders, my previous complaint wasn't the fact that they limited passholders to one. I was fine with passholders only being allowed one, provided there was a better system for cancellation. I understand that one should be careful before making a reservation, but people can make mistakes and plans do change.

Here's the specifics of my original situation:

I already have a room booked at Breakers checking in July 17. We are arriving early on the 17th and have no plans to enter the park on July 18. At the time park reservations opened, what was communicated was that park entry was guaranteed the day after check-in for resort guests.

Naturally I made park reservations for the 17th using my pass. Shortly thereafter, I found out that I could pick the 17th for my resort stay if I wanted. I thought OK, I'd like to go for the day on the 11th also (non-resort stay). Unfortunately, the only way to drop the 17th and book the 11th is to use "contact us" which has now been over 24 hours and have yet to hear anything. I'm sorry but it's 2020 and that's inefficient. How hard would it be to make so one can cancel online (or at least by calling - which didn't work either), and what's the harm?

I realize at this point it's moot since passholders can book two, meaning I can book the 11th now (I did) and wait for someone to finally contact me. So problem solved I guess but it's a problem that wouldn't have existed with a better system.

You're not wrong. I would assume this is the result of having to rapidly come up with a reservation system, so they used the existing (Accesso?) system in place and tinkered with it to make reservations.

Time will tell, but the numbers so far are making me more optimistic about our visit (12 - 16). July 9th and 10th are "sold out", the 11th only has 76 spots left....but when you look at the weekdays of 13 - 16, very few reservations have been made by passholders (relatively speaking).

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Yeah I noticed that as well. If I wasn't taking off next week to go to King's Island I'd definitely try for one of those weekdays, lots of spots open. But I have the 17th off and will be there. That one looks good too, albeit not as good as those early weekdays.

I just added our second day - we'll be there July 14 and 15. Of course this could change, but as it stands now it looks like those days will be pretty light crowds. We debated coming out at all with everything going on but my son just turned 6 and is finally over 48", so he's been chomping at the bit to ride "real" roller coasters, so we're going to give it a shot.

You don't want to go the 14th and 15th. Too busy. Those aren't the dates you're looking for....

Promoter of fog.

Your Jedi mind tricks won't work on me!

DP on the cancelation process.. I submitted my cancelation request on June 30 at 3pm and just now received confirmation from the park that the reservation was canceled. So about 72 hours turnaround time.

Would calling have a faster turnaround time? I may need to cancel my reservation for the 12th.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

From what I understand they will ask you to fill out a contact us form.

I filled out the contact us on the website and they got back to me within minutes saying this:

Thank you for contacting Cedar Point.

You can go online or through the mobile app to cancel or change the date of your reservation.

I don't see an option in the app to cancel a reservation

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I don't see anything in the store either.

Of note: day ticket holders now have a spot to make reservations (prepurchased only)

Try seeing if there is an update to the app

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service