Reservations Open on the App

To expand on what DSShives said, Twin Oast Brewing in Port Clinton is an absolute gem. Tons of outdoor space, games to play outside, you can walk around and explore a bit. Just a fantastic place we stumbled upon during our vacation last year.

Has anyone been up to the tin Goose Diner? I've heard good things about it just never had a chance to stop. My big trip this summer has time for it though.

Posted this in the wrong thread, haha. I booked a reservation for Saturday the 18th, just as a placeholder. I may go, or may change my mind. Depends on how things appear to be going, in terms of the park's enforcement of rules, people's compliance to the rules, and the overall virus climate at that time. Pictures out of Indiana parks are a bit concerning, to say the least.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

F1rePhant0m said:

To expand on what DSShives said, Twin Oast Brewing in Port Clinton is an absolute gem. Tons of outdoor space, games to play outside, you can walk around and explore a bit. Just a fantastic place we stumbled upon during our vacation last year.

Ill second Twin Oast Brewing. Its amazing. The Gideon Owen Wine Company (formerly Mon Ami) is also a great place to go with lots of outdoor seating. Both are owned by the same family. We love both of them. We dont visit them much in the summer due to the crowds. Winter is a great time to visit those if you are in the area.

Last edited by DSShives,

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Opening day is now booked.

Catawba Island Brewing Company is also a fantastic place to visit.

So, just curious;

Did each time-slot start with the same amount? It's hard to tell, but it looks like "2060" is the highest # I can find. I found a 2060 as early as 10:30 AM, so I am guessing that was the standard starting point.

If so, that's 14,420 guests in the park just with passholders.

Of course, many of those passholders are also resort guests, so when reservations open to the general public there is some overlap there.

I've just been curious this whole time about what the "magic number" is going to be for the park capacity-wise, and what the number of people will feel like in the park.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

That magic number is how many people they can get away with before DeWine starts giving them the stink eye. I believe their stated goal is to ramp up to full capacity by the end of the season. Which means as many vehicles as they can cram on the peninsula before it starts sinking under the weight. (Magnum included) :D

^^ it looks like there are a different number of slots available for different times, not the same amount each slot which is weird imo, but looking at about a whole week in August where the available slots for each time are the same all week, it calculates to about 11,500 spots daily for reservations, plus the resort guests. I'd say if those numbers are accurate, we can expect to see a cap of approx 15,000 total. Whether or not the number of available slots will increase when the reservation system goes live for standard tickets is my question.

I would expect that each hour might, at least in the beginning, have slightly fewer slots than the hour before. Because you can't enter before your designated time, but once your designated time comes, you can enter at any time until the end of the day. Also, re-entry will require additional openings for "late" arrivals. I figure many people may do what I did for my waterpark visit this weekend: schedule an early arrival time *knowing* that actual arrival will be later, so there's no need to wait for the time to come.

The real trick will be to avoid what happened when they did the Ticket to Ride program for Millennium Force (remember that fiasco?) where ALL the people who were scheduled for a particular hour showed up at the same time. Ideally people will arrive throughout their designated hour; the idea, after all, is to keep the entry from being overwhelmed with people.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

One advantage CP has is a long causeway so they can throttle the vehicles through the tollbooths avoiding an overwhelmed gate. Better to wait in your car.

So it was mentioned that you need to be a resort guest AND a passholder? We are passholders but we also have about 3 separate couples coming with us in August, who all booked their own separate rooms and bought tickets (ride & slide package) but none of them are passholders. So are you suggesting that they will not be guaranteed access to park during our mid August trip?

Last edited by MrJohnJLewis,

Been visiting yearly with my now wife to celebrate our anniversary since 2010. Proposed on top of Valravn in '17 during the Sunrise Thrills Tour. Proud owner of two bricks in the Legacy Walk and have a piece of Wicked Twister

No, they will be guaranteed entry once the reservation system opens up for regular tickets. Currently, only passholders staying at the resort are guaranteed entry.

To add to that.

July 9, 10 is pass-holder only days, resort guest or flying in for the day you must have a season pass to make a reservation.

July 11+ is above + resort guests only, you must be a pass-holder or a Cedar Point Resorts guest to access the park. As a resort guest (in either situation) you are guaranteed x days in the park where x is the number of nights you reserved. My late July trip is 2 nights so I get 2 days in the park. From what I understand this is determined at check in and you can pick the days.

??? (I'm guessing it will be sometime in late July or early Aug, but this is just a guess) is above + general ticket-holders. Anyone will be able to purchase a ticket and reserve a date for that ticket through the end of the season (as each block becomes available).

I haven't seen anything about if pass-holders will get priority in any way once day tickets have access? I would think they would and if so would likely release a next block to pass-holders and then to ticket-holders? That just a thought though no information on that to my current knowledge.

Hope this answers any questions!

So what happens if you make a reservation and later need to cancel it? I don't see an option for that anywhere on the reservation I made for July 10.

You don't.

The reservation you make is final, and another cannot be made until it expires, whether you use it or not.

Promoter of fog.

As of right now it sounds like reservation cancelations are handled via the contact us form on their site per tony and Cp twitter.

Well that's nice if they are doing that; things evolve quickly.

Promoter of fog.

Nice to an extent, but very inefficient. I have a reservation for the 17th and now we're wanting to go on the 11th. The only way I can book the 11th is to use the contact us form to cancel the 17th, I even tried calling. They said it will take 24 hours to cancel it. I'm giving them leeway because I know they had to come up with all this quickly but hopefully they develop a more effective system.

As to system problems I definitely see them. I'm suspicious that comes from this system being for tickets and not for reservations like that. So they are having to go in and utilize the system to essentially cancel a ticket for an event like WCO. Which sounds cumbersome for how that system is designed. Definitely hope they can improve it.

As to sources Kevin just so we have them here's a tweet from Tony Clark: https://twitter.com/TonyClarkCP/status/1277715900221751298?s=19

And from CP: https://twitter.com/cedarpoint/status/1277626612985593858?s=19

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service