Live Web Cams

I kinda had the same thought in regards to the normal landscaping the park does. I believe they get the majority of the flowers from Barnes/Corso's so it would depend on if they have their staff back to work to make it happen. The park doesn't have a greenhouse big enough or really the space to grow all of the flowers needed so it is all outsourced. With all the land they have been buying off point though I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually go that route.

Last edited by 99er,

I'm actually surprised they don't already do that, especially when I went to Winter Chill Out and first realized it. I can't remember which one but I could have sworn KI or KD did that already. In my mind, and with the amount they do it would have been something they did years ago; sure up front there would be greater costs for the land, facilities and staff to maintain an operation like that, but at the same time the year over year savings would likely be up. Plus I imagine they would have some surplus they could sell either direct or to local greenhouses? Don't know exactly how all of that works though.

KI/KD likely did because those parks had the space and possibly were just left from how Paramount ran the parks. Cedar Point has never really had the space and while they had some off-point property, none of it was really suitable up until recently with the purchase of additional land. Still though it can be more cost affective to just outsource it, especially when you have large greenhouses near by and already contract those companies for other work at the park. The Landscaping Department's full time staff is small, like only a few people small. They wouldn't be able to handle growing what Cedar Point needs.

I don't know if its still a thing but when I worked at the park, any plants that could be used once they were removed were placed on the main midway free for the taking after the park closed for the season. The ferns were always a hot ticket item.

Last edited by 99er,

I know KI has greenhouses, and has since the beginning of time. It has nothing to do with Paramount and the way they ran things. When you ride The Bat look ahead from the top of the lift and you can see them.
It doesn’t take a large staff to grow flowers- they pretty much grow themselves and what they need is water and space. Keep in mind too that the grounds keepers also keep a watchful eyes on trees, and keep shrubs trimmed, cut grass, stuff like that. They usually work at night, so vehicles (and humans) aren’t inconveniencing guests or spoiling the view. Once everything is planted they spend time watering and replacing things that go bad.
I’ve contacted CP landscaping department in the past with questions. If I should get there this summer (doubtful) I’ll be observant and see what I can find out about their beautiful flowers and where they come from.

DRE420 said:

Same here, yesterday I caught myself watching a scrubber truck drive around the park cleaning the midway. I was disappointed when he disappeared from the screen. 🤪 🤣🤣

I'm picturing you softly touching your screen...a tear rolling down your eyes as he fades off-camera....softly whispering..."Damn you, covid-19. Damn you to hell..."

Promoter of fog.

RCMAC said:

I know KI has greenhouses, and has since the beginning of time. It has nothing to do with Paramount and the way they ran things.

My point is that they were there before Cedar Fair bought the parks and that operationally those parks felt it was a good idea to spend the money to grow plants themselves over Cedar Point's idea of just outsourcing. In the past I was able to work closely with Cedar Point's Landscaping manager and the department foreman on some projects at the park. I was able to get a pretty good understanding of how they operate.

^^ How did you know?

]

Last edited by DRE420,

Raptor currently testing. Wheeeeeee~

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

I imagine this has been done long ago but if anyone wants direct links to the live webcams to throw up on a display or embed I just pulled these out of source from the CP webpage, very simple sources:

Cam 1: https://pixelcaster.com/live/cedarpoint/https/cam1.html

Cam 2: https://pixelcaster.com/live/cedarpoint/https/cam2.html

Cam 3, is still setup but it appears there's nothing streaming to the system so I'm doing more digging there as what its showing: https://pixelcaster.com/live/cedarpoint/https/cam3.html

Edits: Well the comments section when editing doesn't work?
1. If you haven't noticed before these links are chromcast capable so you can stream to a chromecast device if you really want to nerd out. I've bookmarked all three cams in anticipation of 3 returning like Mr. TC mentioned on Twitter.
2. On the subject of cam 3, dug into the source for the html file its loading and it is directing to a steamlock.net playlist, tried loading that locally as a web stream and there is nothing being sent out by it. So they have the cam setup still just nothing loading to their server. I'd venture a guess that once the French Quarter is complete it will go live again, the current standstill that loads is from on top of the old building so they just don't have anything there at the moment.

Activity: As of this morning I've seen Magnum sitting on the safety brakes and then release, no more tests, and 2 test runs of Valraven so far. Park seems busy today, lots of people walking and driving around.

Last edited by TwistedCircuits,

I think you mean Roundup. That’s where the camera always was.

Roundup is by Maverick. Burger Patio is where the camera was.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Correct, sorry.
And actually what I meant was Corral.

Can you tweak the focus on Camera 1? I want to find my bricks.

Thanks.

:)

Promoter of fog.

Get a drone.

^

Promoter of fog.

Just give me a few minutes here and I'll get my zoom and enhanced software fired right up for ya!

It does appear they've laid more brick. I noticed that while I was tinkering today.

They finally changed the webcam views. Considering that they're gonna be opening relatively soon, they weren't building any 'excitement' as you think they would have. Being that they're gonna be capacity limited and want to make sure they get to that capacity, they needed to extend that 'excitement' in the webcam views.

The view down the main midway was pointing too low, just raising it by not showing the Corkscrew and then see the GateKeeper (entirely) too.

The other cam was 'wasted' and should've pointed (wide angle) showing the back of the park with Maverick, SV, MF running over the 'frontier', and TTD.

number of times to Cedar Point:50s/60s/70s/80s-3,1995-1,1996-27,1997-18,1998-13,1999-20,2000-16,2001-8,2002-7,2003-18,2004-14,2005-18,2006-28,2007-16,2008-17,2009-28,2010-26,2011-27,2012-21,2013-18,2014-24,2015-29,2016-46,2017-13,2018-14,2019-10,2020-0,2021-3 Running Total-483 72,000 miles traveled for the point.

Man I just popped in to look and gatekeeper and two flats are cycling, awesome. And maybe we'll get a hint as to what's going on with Mellie now.

You guys! There's a technician swinging around on the Millennium Force RIGHT NOW checking stuff out! Check it out on the webcam! O_O

Last edited by SarahB1863,

Millennium Force is testing.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service