CP Reopening- Gov DeWine comments

Time to bring back “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas”.

Except Herpes and Covid - that sh%# will come back with you.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas

Sound like you have some experience with that. :D

Cartwright said:
Don't Lick the Handrails

I swear, you can find anything on the Internet.

On a more serious note,

Jeff said, presumably in response to Master D:
You make it sound like living in willful ignorance is the right choice.

I'm going to give Master D the benefit of the doubt here. Master isn't advocating willful ignorance or indicating ignorance here. Instead, this is how you survive on the Internet these days. You educate yourself as best you can, particularly in the face of conflicting information, you form your opinion, and you avoid imposing that opinion on anybody else. Because no matter how educated and considered your point of view might be, on the Internet someone is going to assume that opinion indicates you are ignorant, stupid, or both. In reality there is merely a lack of consensus here, which means *every* viewpoint is going to be controversial to someone. Under those conditions, sometimes the best thing to do is to stay out of the argument. Even if you *do* have all the facts and know all the answers. Which, truth be told, you almost certainly don't.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Looks like the Cedar Fair phased reopening has been announced:

https://ir.cedarfair.com/news/news-details/2020/The-Fun-is-Back-Ced...fault.aspx

Cedar Point opening July 9th only to season passholders. Im not a fan of the requirement to wear a mask outside in an amusement park. That has enforcement issues written all over it. Ill probably sit back on the boat and just watch and see how it goes for a while.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Video with every other row on coaster, make park entry reservations and use the park app for information and pre-visit health screen (sure hope they contracted out IT for this).

On the plus side- Restrooms will be staffed!!!

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Interesting to see a physical line there. From what I read about their earlier notes about technology it sounded like they were moving to a full virtual system. This will be interesting to say the least.

People are noticing Fastlane as unavailable too, on some sites completely removed. This could be due to having yet to announce opening days and schedules. Or it could be they know they would get even more hate and anger if they are allowing people to skip over these guidelines cause they paid extra.

Nothing in that video was unexpected or out of the realm of reason for a phase 1 re-opening.

Considering I purchased the president's day sale Fast Lane Plus I'm curious to hear what's going to happen to those. Refund? Valid next year? Etc.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

This guy is first in line for the make me whole department.

]

Last edited by DRE420,

I'm not surprised to see no mention of virtual queues. That's a tough ask to come up with on yhe fly especially when CP in particular has enough queue space to utilize on major coasters. Now actually getting people to keep their distance is another matter.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

DRE420 said:

This guy is first in line for the make me whole department.

]

These are the exact type of people I am glad would not be going honestly. And honestly the main reason I plan on avoiding the park this summer. I may try to find a day to go, I may try to hit up KI when I'm in Cincinnati July 4th weekend, but that'll be it. The restrictions and guidelines don't bother me. It's the entitled Karens who will feel the rules don't apply to them that will make a tough situation even worse and borderline unbearable.

If you can't follow some simple guidelines for the safety of yourself and others then just stay home. At the end of the day no one is forcing you to go to the park, your pass is extended through 2021, stay home. These are the same people who probably always find something to b*tch about, at any business they go to.

Willful ignorance will be humanities extinction event.

Compliance is going to be a big issue I think. Honestly the only reason that I wish masks were optional instead of compulsory is because it's going to make for regular altercations between guests and low paid staff when people have them off. I've barely been in stores lately and I've seen two such altercations. One was a guy buying cat litter at PetSmart and another at the grocery store. I'll hope for the best but expect the worst.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

^^Exactly. The Karen movement is in full effect on both Twitter and Facebook. People demanding refunds. I'm laughing my a$$ off.

Definitely skipping the first few weeks and probably might not attend except maybe once in the fall. I can see a park full of people complaining non stop and just an overall negative atmosphere. I’m good on that. I already deal with idiots every day who throw a fit because they they need a reservation to shop in my store, they get mad because they can’t come in and browse and touch all the things and then leave without buying anything.

I wish the associates at the park the very best of luck truly. This is not going to be fun for them either.

Ah yes, the All about ME and Entitlement movement is alive and well. All we need are the "I'll be contacting my lawyer about this" folks to really round out the "Make me whole again" process.

I don't get the vitriol over the Season Passes. Extended through next year - not sure what else someone would want. Like others have said, if you don't like the restrictions, then wait until a later phase of opening to see what changes happen (if any).

Or, crazy as it may be, call Cedar Point Guest Services and explain your individual situation (i.e. maybe you are moving next year to somewhere where it's not feasible to get your $$$ worth out of a Season Pass, maybe you're expected to be too busy with kids sports next year and this was the last year Cedar Point was an option, etc.)

Like most places we've all dealt with, if you treat the customer service professionals like you would want to be treated, a majority of them will do what they can and go above/beyond to help out.

Why try something productive when Twitter/FB are available to spew whatever nonsense comes to mind. Go Team Humanity!!

Hold on a second... entitlement is not playing by the rules because you think you're exceptional. The product has fundamentally changed, which seems like a reasonable reason to ask for your money back and just not go.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

The funny thing is that most of the people complaining, saying they won't go if masks are required, will still show up. Then around 50% (I'm being generous) of those people won't wear a mask, potentially making matters worse, not just due to the possibility of spread, but by further policy changes, tighter restrictions, ect...

https://www.cedarpoint.com/park-update

Reservations for a Visit – in order to maintain limited capacity each operating day, all guests, including Season Passholders, will be required to make a reservation to visit the park though the Cedar Point mobile app or at cedarpoint.com. In a few weeks prior to park opening, 2020 Cedar Point Season, Gold or Platinum Passholders will receive an invitation to make reservations first, followed by guests who have pre-purchased day tickets. Reservation availability for guests who have not yet purchased a park ticket will be announced at a later date.

Guests who stay at a Cedar Point Resorts property will have guaranteed entry to Cedar Point for each day of their stay, beginning the day after check in, but must purchase a ticket or have a 2020 Season Pass.

As I pointed out earlier, this could be up to 10,000 people in a day if you add all reservations inventory and marina slips (multiplied by 5 person average). I am sure you will need to be accurate with the number of guests staying on premises in order to get entry passes. Before it wasn't really necessary to be accurate unless you were purchasing discounted tickets with room. And as I guessed, marina guests along with everyone will need to make a reservation for park entry, So that would cut down on the daily number.

I wonder what will prevent Passholders from making reservations for whenever they might go... and if there will be any penalty for not showing up.... will the reservation system. bump you out of future reservations if you are a no-show?

RV sites are already sold out for July, which is typical. Cabins are available along with hotel rooms- seem to be at same rates as last year.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Jeff said:

Hold on a second... entitlement is not playing by the rules because you think you're exceptional. The product has fundamentally changed, which seems like a reasonable reason to ask for your money back and just not go.

If the product is still different in 2021, yes. But right now everyone gets a normal 2021 free with a changed product for 2020 as a bonus.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service