CP Reopening- Gov DeWine comments

Prussik knot together however many rubber bands you need to make a back strap. You will need an overhand knot or similar on one end. A Figure 8 with a Bight would probably be best if the rubber band is big enough to manage it.

To test it out have someone drive you on the interstate and stick your head out the window. Approximate MF and TTD speeds at your own risk. :)

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

We will see what Cedar Point decides, but at Dollywood no mask is required on anything considered "high thrill". You can't honestly compare Cedar Point to Disney or Universal in that regard, so maybe that is where they will fall as well.

Promoter of fog.

^^ 😂😂

I was also thinking about a spring snap hook.

^I mean you can come close with rides like Rockin Roller Coaster, Hulk, Everest, and Hagrid's. Those all have speeds right around the average speed of Cedar Point coasters. Obviously coasters like MF, Magnum, and TTD are gonna be treated a bit different but even then your mask should just end up plastered on your face from the wind. That's basically what happens to face coverings I have worn on coasters or motorcycles before. Plus people have already been on Mako and their face masks seemed to do just fine at those speeds.

Last edited by 99er,

I wonder what the park would do if you showed up with a motorcycle helmet? Could make Rougarou and Raptor more pleasant.

I have a 2 piece hard plastic Darth Vader mask and helmet, maybe I'll give it a try.

Pyro, no I am not out of shape. I am 6"1 about 160#. 41 years old. I work very hard. Every day. I don't care if you go to the park and wear a mask. My post was about not going if I had to wear a mask. If you want to think that in August your going to wear the mask the way your supposed too. Then go ahead. I won't be there. Every day!!

I ended up just modeling and 3D printing a clip thing that conforms to the back of my head to keep my mask on comfortably. Inventor/Fusion 360 is free to students, and most public libraries have 3D printers when they reopen.

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

Kevinj said:

We actually have been having our girls practicing wearing their masks out in public (OK, they're these terribly cute cat masks)...just in case we decide to go to Cedar Point...and guess what? They actually think its fun. Frickin' kids.

The moral of the story? Be like a kid and just pretend it's Halloween.

Kids don't understand the full implications of what's going on. It's like when I was in middle school and we'd have bomb scares. We weren't scared at all; we thought it was fun because we got out of class for a while. We didn't take it seriously.

Talk to any baby boomer about the "Duck and Cover" nuclear war drills they had to do in the 50s and 60s. They likely weren't scared either. For them it was just a fun exercise and a break in the day.

When your kids are adults, ask them what they remember about the COVID scare of 2020. Chances are they'll say the masks and how they got out of school early that year. Unless they actually get sick, they probably won't remember much about the virus itself at all.

Worried about your mask staying on? Buy a gaiter scarf. I see them advertised all over the internet, It fits around your neck and you pull it up like a bandana. It also looks more comfortable.

Last edited by Bluestreaker,

The WHO has been telling us all along that healthy people shouldn't be wearing masks. Now they're explaining why...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/08/asymptomatic-coronavirus-patients-a...-says.html

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

But presymptomatics can still spread widely and without symptoms the two are indistinguishable. So my takeaway is this is about looking backward and tells us nothing new about how to proceed.

Yeah, it's pretty poor communication that not only lacks clarity, it adds to confusion. Laypeople are expected to understand the difference between asymptomatic and presymptomatic?

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Wonder how screamsters will deal with wearing a mask (a non Halloween one obv) with face makeup and such. Gonna see a lot of drawn on scary teeth?

First ride; Magnum 1994

^^I'll admit that I was skeptically optimistic by the information from the WHO. But I read a thread, someone had laid out, that summed up why this may have not been a wise thing for them to do. They started with a bunch of questions they had for the WHO regarding the info and what the intent of it was. Then, the person basically compiled a ton of research and medical articles that point out just how little we still know about asymptomatic and presymptomatic spread. Basically, the WHO admits that more research is needed before a direct determination can be made regarding issues like this. And this is info we aren't likely to know for some time still.

So just keep wearing masks wherever you can.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Read it in the same way that you read the CDC guidelines indicating that surfaces are not a common infection vector as previously thought.

It doesn't mean you should be licking handrails, but it does mean that some of the surface disinfection going on is a little excessive.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

I have decided to refrain from making any comments about any aspect of this virus because we are sooooo ignorant about it and advice changes every few days (as far as treatments, vaccines, how it spreads, effects of weather, how deadly, mutations, etc, etc). Hell, even the experts including the WHO, have pretty much sucked.

You make it sound like living in willful ignorance is the right choice.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Looks like Vegas is back - new partitions, employees wearing masks, limits on number of people at table games, etc. - but, well, the video says it all.

Proof will be in the pudding here real soon on how it all turns out.

Las Vegas Reopening

Last edited by ILS 0523,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service