CP Reopening- Gov DeWine comments

I meant at Disney.

Promoter of fog.

Ooooooohhhh, my bad. Sorry. That's what I get for doing my homework and reading forum posts at the same time :P

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

It's required I wear a mask at work. It's already 100 degrees is most the areas I work in. I quit wearing it. Can't breathe. Too hot. I haven't gotten any slack for it yet, but am expecting it. And my response will be then you do the work. You die from heat stroke. I wouldn't be the 1st to head to Cedar Point. I'd love to go. But my own health is most important. The thought of catching the virus is enough. But compounding that with not being able to breathe correctly in a hot environment is not going to suit me.

I had a small episode of heat exhaustion at the end of this work week even after I quit using the mask. I made it through my shift, but I couldn't really contribute. I looked for the smallest of tasks and everyone else picked up the slack. I just don't see a minimum wage worker being able to police the required masks in july of august not knowing the customers medical history or physical health status. Not everyone is going to be able to comply without further health complications.

I should quit smoking, I know.

jimmyburke, i'm really interested in that as well. I'm an avid golfer, and would absolutely love to be able to get a round or two in during my stays at CP / Breakers in some sort of package deal / passholder situation. Fazio designed that course, and he's done some bangers. I hope CF eventually can give it the funding it needs to improve and become a legit destination course.

redsfan said:

It's required I wear a mask at work. It's already 100 degrees is most the areas I work in. I quit wearing it. Can't breathe. Too hot. I haven't gotten any slack for it yet, but am expecting it. And my response will be then you do the work. You die from heat stroke. I wouldn't be the 1st to head to Cedar Point. I'd love to go. But my own health is most important. The thought of catching the virus is enough. But compounding that with not being able to breathe correctly in a hot environment is not going to suit me.

I had a small episode of heat exhaustion at the end of this work week even after I quit using the mask. I made it through my shift, but I couldn't really contribute. I looked for the smallest of tasks and everyone else picked up the slack. I just don't see a minimum wage worker being able to police the required masks in july of august not knowing the customers medical history or physical health status. Not everyone is going to be able to comply without further health complications.

I should quit smoking, I know.

Sounds like you being a smoker and out of shape is causing you heat exhaustion and heat stroke then, not any masks.

MichaelB said:

Gold pass and platinum pass not getting the same early entry: BS. I understand them wanting to trying to differentiate the two. But, you're gonna try to tell me my other half cannot enter at the same time nor ride the same rides as me? No thanks. I'll be calling and voicing my opinion to guest services next week. I'm not usually one to bitch, but them taking advantage of a little asterisk in a policy when it's never been the case before is a little unnerving to say the least.

Wasn't this the case the moment the Gold pass became a thing and announced long before any of the COVID closures and restructions begab?

Golfing is an option at Sawmill on the Sun & Fun package for the Breakers.

^ Money. I'll look into that. Thanks!

Cartwright, yes. It was always this way. Shame on MichaelB for not knowing that when he bought it.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Curious when CF reservations will become available on their websites. I just found out I'll be passing through Cincy on July 5th and may wanna stop in for 1 ride on Orion before coming back to Cleveland.

I think the state wanted the major players of the industry to sue, makes them look like the bad guys in the end if this goes to s**t. Little bit of politicking and maneuvering. There really was no point to announce zoos were okay but not amusement parks. And they caved pretty darn quickly.

Interesting take, you may be spot on. Personally think the CF IT systems will go to s**t before the virus can do any damage.

Doubt the reservations will go live until the parks announce opening dates.

Maybe MichaelB isn’t familiar with the concept of paying more for something a little nicer. Even thought he should be, because he actually did both.

It's the same as people who pay for a flight on airlines with open seating and/or cheap tickets but no seating guarantees without an upgrade, don't pay for early boarding/seat assignments, and then throw a fit and claim that it's soooo unfair the airline "doesn't let" families sit together.

And as for Cedar Fair IT systems. If they can barely function when Winter Chill Out tickets drop, imagine trying to do reservations for all parks on all days.

I’m telling you right now - the park will claim that masks are “required”, and once inside the park, if you’re not wearing a mask, no one will say a damn thing to you.

This isn't Disney, where poor behavior is rewarded. They were quite strict at Universal Orlando this weekend.

This twitter thread with lots of pics has a different opinion about Universal. It is probably unrealistic to expect 100% compliance when not in the designated mask free zones but I wonder what level is acceptable.

https://twitter.com/nerdonomicon/status/1268308466755567620?s=21

It looks no different than any store or public place I have been to in the past month. Some wear masks, some don't, even in the places where masks are "required".

I'm not sure what people expect. Of course there isn't going to be some kind of Buffalo-Police Dept. type enforcement. This is exactly what I would expect at Cedar Point. Or Disney. Or Dollywood. Or _______________ .

This also seems like a strange way to spend your time at an amusement park.

But, to each their own.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

You must not go to Costco. They don’t mess around there. Put on your mask or they take your cart away and tell you to leave. :)

I actually don’t view it as strange, people watching is a very common behavior or was prior to smartphones. However I defer to your expertise on those matters.

Although I would prefer the park adopt the Costco model I know that isn’t going to happen.

People watching is common; I'm not sure how OK it is to take a bunch of photos of random people and blast them on Twitter. She can say she wasn't shaming them, but she was. For a greater good? OK, you could argue that.

Really? The older couple minding their own business on a bench far away from everyone else. You sat there for over 15 minutes watching them?

That goes beyond people-watching. That's just creepy.

Full disclosure, I've never been in a Costco :)

I get it...1) I will play by the rules, 2) I wish everyone else played by those rules.

We actually have been having our girls practicing wearing their masks out in public (OK, they're these terribly cute cat masks)...just in case we decide to go to Cedar Point...and guess what? They actually think its fun. Frickin' kids.

The moral of the story? Be like a kid and just pretend it's Halloween.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I'm more worried about the mask staying on than wearing it. Gonna have to clip it somehow around the back of my head.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service