CP Reopening- Gov DeWine comments

If things in Florida opened up and you say they reported more cases in one day. Which means you're suggesting people went out in public, weren't feeling good, went to hospital, got tested, came back positive, hospital released that information to the news organizations; all within one day!? That seems unlikely

MrJohnJLewis said:

If things in Florida opened up and you say they reported more cases in one day. Which means you're suggesting people went out in public, weren't feeling good, went to hospital, got tested, came back positive, hospital released that information to the news organizations; all within one day!? That seems unlikely

No, Florida's been open for a while, and their cases have been going up since they opened. they had a HUGE spike a few days ago. On June 2 they had 602 new cases. On June 3, the number was 1,317. June 4: 1,419. June 5: 1,305 new cases.

Last edited by SarahB1863,

Cartwright said:

I am curious to see what the demand is like. Will these dates "sell out" well in advance? Or will I be able to register same day at 6 or 7am if I wake up and it's a nice day and I want to head to the park for the day.

I am also curious on how many dates passholders can reserve at a time

I think, and this is just a guess, that the days of waking up and saying "hey let's go to Cedar Point" are not going to be a reality (by and large) this year. Of course that guess could be way off base.

I'm mostly curious to see how the ride reservation system is going to work and play out. Will resort guests get priority (I would think)? And how soon before my visit can I make these reservations?

And then what about Fast Lane? Is that even possible to be a thing? I would think no.

The only concrete things we know are 1) masks are going to be required, and 2) your temp is going to be taken.

It certainly is going to be a trip to the point like no other, but I also hope that in the end, the park comes out more efficient. Being forced to come up with new procedures and use of technologies could potentially have a positive impact down the road. Maybe.

Promoter of fog.

I see no world where any of this helps efficiency.

People on Facebook already talking about not wearing a mask for medical reasons and sharing a letter to show them with the basic Hippa rules and their "right" to not wear them. I can see people getting mad when they're told to leave. No mask, shirt, no shoes, no service.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Cartwright, that's not what I mean, exactly.

What I was getting at was 1) tinkering with virtual queuing, 2) using touch-less pay everywhere...

My point was, sometimes when you are forced to think outside the box and reinvent the way you do things, it can lead to positive outcomes down the road.

My thoughts on this mainly come from my own job (teaching). We were forced to go online after Spring Break, and what we are doing in the Fall is even more bizarre (a hybrid of online and face to face).

I'm not looking forward to the mountain of work that lies between now and the start of fall semester, but I do know that some good will come of it. Assignments will be completely re-imagined, teaching styles, etc...

And yep. I'm sure you've all seen the "MASKS! HELL NO!" folks popping up.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

The park has reservations inventory of 1626; combined of Breakers, Express, castaway, RV and Cabins.
Most of hotel rooms have 4 person capacity, a good percentage have more than 4 capacity.
cabins have 6-10 person capacity.
RVs can vary but I’d say more than 4 average.
This does not include the two CP marinas with 4 passes each I believe.

So approximate inventory of 2000 with potentially an average of 5 guests- could put CP at 10,000 Reserved admissions in a day.

The marinas may go on a reservations system for admissions as they aren’t always on board, but they’d definitely be first served.

It’ll be interesting to see what the daily admissions level will be, and what will be the policy for the remainder capacity after resort guests are numerated.

Will a season pass be honored before a daily ticket, will a platinum pass have more weight than a gold pass, Will group sales be given priority over season passes?

A CP resort reservation may be an only way to guarantee admission, so I can see out of park revenues at CP being substantial. The same will likely apply at Kalahari.

Independent motels in Sandusky May be in for a difficult year if daily admission levels are substantially low.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Although the systems and rules will likely be similar between CP and KI it will be interesting if they are implemented and enforced differently as they have in the past.

FL at KI is very different than CP, at KI it really is treated as “front of the line” with little throttling of the FL queue. Other than quality of system development I don’t see any reason FL can’t be included in a virtual queue system, it is just an algorithm. Could be as simple as 1 train standby to 1 train FL, not much different than how TTD works now.

Anecdotal but I see much more rule breaking at KI than CP such as phones out on rides, line cutting and smoking in midways. Just much less of it all at CP.

I expect enforcement of masks to be nonexistent at KI and unsure what CP will do. Will they actually insist you leave like Costco? Just ask politely and do nothing else?

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

I'm very curious about this as well. I understand the whole "masks are mandatory" thing, but here in Pittsburgh, I've already been at places such as grocery stores which claim masks are mandatory as well, but as soon as people are inside, I see them maskless, and employees ignoring it. And I get it, you can't expect a low wage hourly worker to confront and "police" the public who feels the rules don't apply to them. I'm certainly in no position to enforce this stuff either, but it does make me pause and judge the people around me. At my workplace, I'm at least sort of "in charge" enough, where I can easily ask someone to wear their mask on our property or stay outside. I'm not sure that same power is given to hourly amusement park workers.

The entitlement of some people is baffling. At my shop, we don't require that customers wear mask but we do ask that people stay six feet apart and only shop in groups of two.

Some people are very cool and understanding when I explain the latter rule to them. But it seems for every one of those I get, I get some Karen going 'well, these two are kids, so...' and continuing on their way, refusing to listen to me. And it's already policy that insisting they reduce their party or leave is more trouble than it's worth, making my options this-

Me: I'm so sorry, but for social distancing purposes we're asking people to keep their shopping parties to two people.

Them: No.

Me: ...Okay.

It's incredibly frustrating.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

To address the Fast Lane situation, if it's any indicator, Carowinds has disabled FL purchases online for now and possibly for the season. If they do that, it will be interesting to see what they do for the people who purchased the all season fast lane, maybe nothing seeing as it will be valid for 2021 as well.

Edit: CP also has disabled it. For what it's worth, it was still available 2 days ago when I looked.

Last edited by DRE420,

We have all season fast lane, the park hasn’t provided any information other than it is valid for 2021 as well.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Cargo Shorts said:

Although the systems and rules will likely be similar between CP and KI it will be interesting if they are implemented and enforced differently as they have in the past.

This just gives me an excuse to bring up my one true gripe with Cedar Point - the rain policy.

At Kings Island when a few drops of rain fall or a light mist starts the rides keep rolling and the ride ops make fun comments about how "you're now on a water ride". At Cedar Point when a few drops of rain fall, even for 30 seconds, half the coasters shut down and the other half go to single train operation.

At Kings Island when there's mild to moderate steady rainfall, but no risk of lightning, the coasters keep rolling. A few may take off a train if they happened to be manufactured by a company that rhymes with Darrow Aynamics. The rest run exactly as the manufacturer intended. At Cedar Point coaster operations grind to a halt.

There. I feel better.

I don't know who mentioned Florida, but all of the big counties reported an increase in cases in the last few days. There's a shocker.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Cartwright said:

This just gives me an excuse to bring up my one true gripe with Cedar Point - the rain policy.

This simply comes down to what the person in charge at each park wants to do beyond the manufacturers minimum recommendations. Despite having many parks in the chain, a lot of the operations still are run by how the individual park wants to do it and Cedar Point has always taken it way farther than necessary. I believe the same Director of Safety is at the park from when I worked there and he always took things a little too far.

Last edited by 99er,

Disney just updated their resort policies stating that you are not guaranteed access to the park just because you have a resort room in order to control capacity.

I suspect Cedar Fair will use this model as well, in order to balance capacity and access.

No doubt about it, park management has their hands full this season. A lot of moving parts.

My $.02 (all opinion of course) on Fast Lane. For those with All Season FL, I think the fact that passes and any add-ons carry over into 2021 will solve that issue. For those that bought the Good Any Day daily admission/FL combo tickets, I think that is where some additional adjustments will be made.

Right now, the way I read the FAQ page is that these tickets won't be refunded and can be used anytime prior to November 1, 2020. For those that bought admission tickets or admission/FL combo for a specific day, you have the option to use the ticket any day this operating year or request a refund if the day you selected was one where the park was closed.

I imagine there will be some folks that don't want to go this year for a variety of reasons (i.e. don't feel safe, don't want to go with the current restrictions in place, etc.) This is where I think the park will amend their policy to allow for refunds on the Good Any Day tickets plus FL where applicable.

I don't think the park will eliminate the use of FL this year, but have blocked out any additional purchases due to the extenuating circumstances this year and trying to work through all of the complex logistics without knowing who will use their combo tickets, on what specific days, how many will actually use their tickets vs. requesting refunds, etc.

Last edited by ILS 0523,

Mandatory masks: good luck. There are individuals with legitimate ADA reasons they cannot wear a mask, and they very well could file a class action lawsuit. Then for every legitimate case, you'll have 5 Joe Shmoes that claim ADA and aren't actually, but to challenge them would be discrimination.

Gold pass and platinum pass not getting the same early entry: BS. I understand them wanting to trying to differentiate the two. But, you're gonna try to tell me my other half cannot enter at the same time nor ride the same rides as me? No thanks. I'll be calling and voicing my opinion to guest services next week. I'm not usually one to bitch, but them taking advantage of a little asterisk in a policy when it's never been the case before is a little unnerving to say the least.

Wut? Has there ever been a Gold Pass before?

CP could significantly mitigate the “ADA” abuse issue by requiring a letter from a doctor like SIX does and then have it on file for the season.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service