CP Reopening- Gov DeWine comments

DeWine has a press conference today at 2. It's been reported that he will speak on the lawsuits. I'm wondering if he will cave.

Sollybeast said:

Any space is walkable space if you're brave and/or stupid enough

Post of the day.

Maybe Dewine will say oops I forgot to include amusement parks

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

That'll be interesting if he actually does comment on the lawsuits, since during this whole thing he has avoided commenting on any lawsuits from places wanting to open back up.

Maybe it's because these lawsuits are against Dr. Acton and both county health departments, and not him? Were the other suits against him or her? I honestly don't know but that could be the difference.

Last edited by DRE420,

I can see him changing the order to allow amusement/water parks to open. He changed the facial coverings to suggested and not mandatory when it created a stir. The lawsuit may be just enough to tip the scale.

Ahhhhh C.P. My Happy Place!

Re-opening continues to vary greatly by state. Texas, Missouri, Wisconsin, and Florida seem to be among those where parks are announcing re-opening dates. Ohio is not the only state where nothing has been announced yet for parks.

My guess is that the governor's office is not going to change course based on the lawsuits, but it should be interesting.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Looks as if discussions are happening as we speak.

https://sanduskyregister.com/news/247475/cedar-fair-kalahari-sue-state/

Chuck Wagon said:

My guess is that the governor's office is not going to change course based on the lawsuits, but it should be interesting.

You underestimate the pull a mulit-billion dollar company has in its home state.

A couple things:

I mentioned the size of the zoo just to put it into perspective. The fact that it is even more restrictive space-wise makes its opening (vs Cedar Point not) even more nonsensical. If you haven't been there, I don't think you can really appreciate how large the whole complex is.

As far as Dewine, he clearly gets an A for how he has handled the situation overall.

That said, this is a blunder in my opinion. And a pretty costly one.

I'm glad they sued. I hope they win.

The park has a plan to mitigate the concerns.

EDIT: They can open starting June 19th

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Opening June 19th.

Brandon

Amusement parks are free to open in two weeks!

Yes!

Awesome news!

Edit: For real now, CP should start putting on those Giant Wheel cabins.

Last edited by Dvo,

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Are they opening June 19th? I can't find any info that says that. That's the day they will be allowed to open but can they open that soon? They still have to hire staff (although I'm sure alot has been hired), train staff and get the rides certified. I'm thinking it will be closer to July

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Just in time for my birthday June 20th. Sweet.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Awesome news! So glad that everyone can now argue about something else. :P

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Lets gooooooooooooooo

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Keep in mind they said they need 4-6 weeks once they get the go ahead. Don't hold your breath on June 19 being the date. But yay!

Alright, now back to the discussion on ramps.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service