CP Reopening- Gov DeWine comments

kjettski said:

Demographically diverse societies always have higher violent crime rates than mono-cultural societies.

Holy ****. If you don't understand why that's racist, you're not welcome here either. Seriously, is your next post isn't to retract that, don't ever post here again.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

DRE420 said:

I'm also interested in the now broken link that seems to have been accidentally leaked a little while ago. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see what it entails, but I'll wait for an official announcement.

Promoter of fog.

Isn't Dewine supposed to announce openings of amusement parks and zoo's this week based off his comments from last week?

I did NOT mean to upvote kjettski's post!

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Sure you didn't.

We all make mistakes ;)

And yes; Thursday around 2:00 Dewine will have something to say about Cedar Point. For what it's worth, he did say today that "for most, it will be good news".

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Vince982- I had to look and see who upvoted. I wasn’t surprised by two of them. One I was.
So thank you for clearing that up.

My intentions were to look and see who upvoted and unfortunately I became one of them.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

I've accidentally upvoted some questionable material before the same way. It's no big deal, my dude.

Though I have to say, out of all the skin crawling, distasteful stuff I've seen on this forum- a lot of it lately- that's probably the worst post I've seen.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

I never thought not riding a coaster for a few months would make people say things like that.*

*Because it doesn't, that person obviously has problems.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Kevinj said:

Patience is about all I've got these days. Whatever it is, i'm hopeful it includes pictures of the Forbidden Frontier bridge.

We still don't have that laughing option here, but you just made a little wine shoot out of my nose.

Gracias!

Promoter of fog.

😂

Wanted to also post here...

**UPDATE** Hotel Breakers will be opening this month without Cedar Point or the Waterpark. I had a reservation for the last week of June and received an email today saying that the hotel will be open with beach and pools, but the parks would be closed- no date was given for the parks and the email stated there was no date at this time.

I have the option of taking the reservation with a reduced rate, postponing, or canceling.

Hmm. If they're opening the hotel pools, I wonder if they'll open Shores too when the time comes.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Possibly but Shores is regulated by the state and needs to be inspected and signed off on just like the rides at the park. So that would at least need to be done in order for it to open but since the waterpark typically closes by Labor Day and has shortened hours at the end of August, would it even be worth it? I guess it would really depend on if they think they can get the staffing for both parks.

I'm pretty sure they will get the green light to start opening the parks tomorrow at the press conference. Since there has already been increased activity at the park with testing and new technology being added, they already likely know that they will given the green light soon. And Tueday's case numbers were the lowest in the month in Ohio in over a month, even after a month of starting phased reopenings. That data works in favor of the park reopening.

https://www.news5cleveland.com/news/continuing-coverage/coronavirus...er-a-month

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Wednesday's new Ohio confirmed case number was 316; Tuesday was 391, Monday was 428, Sunday was 434, Saturday was 437, Friday was 577, Thursday was 434. So it's been a 6-day decline. More important, the last time we had a new confirmed case number lower than 316 was April 14 (272).

What I don't have is the testing counts but I know the number of tests given has been steadily increasing, while the new case count has not. I consider that to be generally good news all around.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Infection rate is still above 1.0, so it's a little premature to declare a win.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Tilt-a-Whirl said:

Wanted to also post here...

**UPDATE** Hotel Breakers will be opening this month without Cedar Point or the Waterpark.

I saw a CP url posted on another fan site for a SUN & FUN package. I think June 18 thru thr 28th. I attempted to make a reservation, but it stated no rooms available. Later last evening the url no longer worked and got the CP OOPS page.

Was this a oops on CP's part to publish that package...... or I wonder if they hit social distance capacity for that offer. Does anyone know?

But seeing that I figured the park would be open in time for July 4th Holiday.

I think that was an oops.

Which also blows up a response I had earlier to a now banned member about them opening the resorts without the parks. Clearly they are at least looking in to doing that.

Also I worry about the results of these protests on the pandemic. (Please don't read this as a condemnation of the protests.) We have had large gatherings of people in close quarters throughout the country and this COULD have a significant impact. Many were wearing masks, some were not. I keep thinking of the numbers from the Philly parade during the 1918 flu.

Here in Cleveland yesterday, the protest starting at the 1st district police station passed right by my house. I would say the overwhelming majority of both protesters and cops were wearing masks. I was glad to see that. I understand that people are angry and I'm supportive of their right to express themselves, but hope they remember there is still an underlying health concern.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service