Tony Teases Big Reveal

What are the holes in the nose of the train front for, anyway? Aerodynamics?

Last edited by Sollybeast,

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Sollybeast said:

What are the holes in the nose of the train front for, anyway? Aerodynamics?

Im thinking aerodynamics.....or like this one building in Cleveland that has a square hole in it (you can see it from Progressive field) it’s actually an architects “signature” or stamp on their project...

Could be a type of air brake...similar to what they use on Diamondback when they brake with water....could just be a way to help slow the trains down from over speeding...just a thought....my money’s on aerodynamics of some sort....

The top picture is of the lift cable system, I wonder if they are planning on replacing it, although, that's not a improvement that the GP would care about.

Unless this is followed by some sort of announcement, I fail to see the interest in graphs and art we already have on the internet.

My guess it’s just a facelift to the trains to celebrate the 20th....

^^ it's gonna be more than just the art. It is a teaser, with more to come, just not sure what.

Maybe it has something to do with the 150th anniversary book that Tony mentioned at WCO. Anybody remember filling out the questionnaire from the lady at WCO before and after the presentation? It pertained to what you would like to see included in the book. Just to be clear, this book is different than Rolling through the years.

Last edited by DRE420,

I think those round holes are just round plates covering where the wheel sets are bolted to the cab on the front car, so yes, aerodynamic for air flowing around the front car.

Edit: After a closer look, there are no plates, just wheel sets poking through.

Last edited by john10693,

It for the New Coaster coming to the Park. They have started making last year. I don't know the lay out will be. Tony's Teasing will still keeping coming through his files.

New coaster with MF trains, huh?

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

My guesses in no particular order:

• Refresh of the trains on Millennium Force for the 20th anniversary as well as possibly celebrating the 150th of the park at the same time. Something like Vinyl wraps that will be on the trains this season only (probably peeled off by a**hole entitled guests). Or an actual repaint/refresh of the trains. To troll us even more, one train will be Green.
  • Something in relation to displays going into the town hall museum.
  • A new documentary about MF from concept to opening day, possibly to be presented and sold in Town Hall.
  • Using the concept art and making new merch, like a large poster to buy. I have a large print of Thunderbird from Holiday World of it's blueprint. Limited Edition numbered 106/250. Maybe something like this, limited edition prints for sale online or in park when the park opens.

I'm seeing crazy guesses like putting a train on to run backwards, etc. I don't think it'll be anything crazy.

Sollybeast said: What are the holes in the nose of the train front for, anyway? Aerodynamics?

The front axle of the car rolls independently from the rest of the car to accommodate the curve of the track. The holes give it that room to do so. Remember, each subsequent car is trailered from the previous with a ball joint (photo), so each one can roll independently of each other.

Last edited by Jeff,

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Oh, neat! I actually didn't know that. Thanks, Jeff :)

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

I wonder if they will consider doing anything with the queue to change the very long ramp up into the station.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Aw, Jeff beat me to it... :)

Anyway, if they want to add lights to any coaster, there's a really easy way to do it. It was tested on Tatsu, and I know Uremet does supply wheels to Cedar Point...

http://www.uremet.com/self-generating-lighted-wheel/

There's a video on Uremet's home page as well.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

Last edited by RideMan,

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

For those of you who truly think this is a “big” teaser of some sort, Tony did mention for everybody to keep their expectations in check.

^When had enthusiasts ever kept their expectations in check?

Regardless of what is announced, you will have many people complain. Either it's not good enough. Or why tease and build hype for this or that. It should've been "WhAt I wAnTeD!!!1!"

You’re going to get that reaction from any group of people being targeted by a teaser campaign, it’s not just coaster enthusiasts (that’s just amplified on PB due to the focus of the forum).The purpose of the tease is to create buzz and interest, that’s going to lead to wild speculations. It’s the job of the teaser to keep those expectations in check If they’re really concerned about it.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

WolfBobs said:

^When had enthusiasts ever kept their expectations in check?

Regardless of what is announced, you will have many people complain. Either it's not good enough. Or why tease and build hype for this or that. It should've been "WhAt I wAnTeD!!!1!"

That’s the point, enthusiasts usually never keep their expectations in check. Hence why Tony said to keep your expectations in check. No doubt people will complain regardless. It’s the same song and dance every time there is a teaser.

It's probably the plans for a 500ft coaster (not that I want it) that everyone has been begging for

Well, if it doesn’t break over 10 records, I’m going to be disappointed.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service