Tony Teases Big Reveal

Aquatrax as a fit for CP is a joke that goes back literally decades. I may have had a part in agitating it into fact when I knew what was really coming. Maybe.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Thanks, but I just found a tweet and posted a screen shot. lol. 99er said it was ID several posts up as well.

Also from one of Tony's earlier tweets on the envelope

it’s something special that is near and dear to our hearts

Only one thing fits that bill: Fa$tLane. :D

So whatever he is teasing has to do with MF and FL. /s

Cargo Shorts said:

Also from one of Tony's earlier tweets on the envelope

it’s something special that is near and dear to our hearts

Only one thing fits that bill: Fa$tLane. :D

I was thinking clean bathrooms.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

I hope it's the return of Chippy.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Wasn't Aquatrax "supposed to be" the White Water Landing replacement? Of course we got Maverick instead...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

Correct. If my memory is somewhat coherent, the Aquatrax rumors/jokes started with the footers placed on the water that is now where Maverick's cannons reside.

As Mr. Scott (RIP) once said...the 2007 ride will indeed involve water.

Promoter of fog.

What Cargo Shorts posted is what I was referring to in regards to Iron Dragon. It stuck out right away to me but that's just because I have that rendering memorized from back in `99 when it was released. The whole hype over Millennium Force is the reason why I started coming to Guide to the Point and Virtual Midway (learn your history kids).

The other items I pointed out are just from being familiar with MF blueprints and blueprints in general. If I could link to some MF blueprints to explain I would but just compare what is shown to a picture of a MF train. I honestly keep forgetting this is the 20th year for Millennium Force. To me it's still a new cutting edge coaster, but it just keeps reminding me of how much older I am getting and how much time I have spent on this damn website.

So... they're building a new 310ft Intamin Giga coaster for 2020????

I'll put my hat in the camp of updated signage and trains (the art/decals on the trains).

Or maybe they're releasing limited editions poster size wall art of the concept art to be sold in gift shops. Regardless, it has something to do with Millennium Force.

TTD 120mph said:

I hope it's the return of Chippy.

Great. Now I'm craving ketchup potato chips.

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

99er said:

The whole hype over Millennium Force is the reason why I started coming to Guide to the Point and Virtual Midway (learn your history kids).

OK, boomer. 😂

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I’m following Tonys advice on Twitter and tempering my expectations. I could see a 20th anniversary thing with MF although with the park being closed that idea loses luster a bit.

They’ve also been very quiet about the new Town Hall so it’d be cool if it was related to that.

Could it be a Top Thrill dragster upgrade?

’Now only closed 50% of the time!’

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Memories can be strange, but wasn't there an idea about adding lights to the trains of Millennium Force for it's birthday? I have no idea why I am thinking of that, but I thought that was posted somewhere once ( by Tony or someone else at CP).

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

They teased lights being added to the trains at WCO this year at either the in park maintenance shop or the P&D department (I can't recall which), and when asked about them, they said they had no comment.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Walt said:
OK, boomer. 😂

It's entitled millennial thank you very much.

DRE, sorry; accidentally deleted your post earlier. Restoration has occurred. 😁

Promoter of fog.

I didn't even notice lol

Lights on the trains would be cool to see!

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

More of the image has been revealed. It’s definitely MF but curiously, when someone said to expect it to be an anniversary announcement with the lights from WCO Tony replies with “nope”. So now I’m confused.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service