Virus Impact on CP

Lagoon in Salt Lake Utah is open!

Cleveland Zoo has re-opened for a special socially distant drive thru experience.

Maybe CP can do the same thing, let us pay $20/car to drive through and look at the attractions. That new bridge for accessing Forbidden Frontier has to be worth a $20 admission alone!

I am still betting on June being a mostly lost month. At this point, if that's the case I would put money on CPS missing the 2020 season entirely. I have seen 2 or 3 waterparks already announce no 2020 season. It would make sense as any staff required for the waterpark can just slide into the regular park.

DeWine and Acton are taking the too cautious approach compared to many other States. Ohio was the first to close down, and it will probably be the last to lift or reduce restrictions on mass gatherings.

I'm throwing my re-opening dart on July 4th weekend for the park with no waterpark for the 2020 season.

^^I think Japan's success (and other Asian countries) is due to them having a far more organized and cautious approach to situations like this. Their people are much more organised and informed and take necessary steps without their Government begging them to do so (though they do still get guidance from them). They're not bull headed and arrogant like us and soo many other countries.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Universal's Volcano Bay (Their themed water park) is opening with the Universal Orlando Resort on June 5th. If they limit capacity at Cedar Point" Cedar Shores will be another spot for guest to go to.

Cedar Fair needs to grow a pair and open. They can defend themselves legally.

Last edited by TheBlueStreak,

Universal already had staff hired and readily available. CP does not. I would also bet that CPS will not open when the park does. I think staffing may be a challenge without internationals, but with high unemployment rates, maybe not. And if they don't open till July 4th, half the waterpark season is already gone anyway so why do all that prep work and fill the massive pools for just half a season? Then staff and resources can be put into the regular park.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Cedar Point has staff hired as well, but as more time goes on their gonna lose those staff members to competitor's (Like Wisconsin Dells or Kalahari) as they need to work.

Last edited by TheBlueStreak,

Someone who I am friends with on FB is about to give up hope of working of KI this year and has started applying elsewhere. This person was already hired on but never given a start date. I would think that the rides that are cycling now are being done for crew training and seeing reports on social media and on the employee forum here that they are getting called in to start soon, so I think they may be slowly rolling out start dates for staff. But I could be wrong there. But this all happened in the middle of the hiring process so that got stalled.

Brian

TheBlueStreak said:
Cedar Fair needs to grow a pair and open. They can defend themselves legally.

You know, last time a park went with that logic, a bunch of dinosaurs got out and killed a lot of people.

If Cedar Fair has some shady IT worker, we could be screwed.

Brian

Last I heard that guy moved to New York City and became a mail carrier. We should be OK.

TTD 120mph said:

You know, last time a park went with that logic, a bunch of dinosaurs got out and killed a lot of people.

Great to have you back, buddy. Hahaha.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

All we need now is a 12-year-old kid who knows UNIX...

You mean a hacker?

Any thoughts on Disney's planned date?

cpblue said:

Any thoughts on Disney's planned date?

The blogs I’ve seen majority said if they have to wear masks their not going. That they’ll go back once they are not required. One person did ask the question for the ones that purchased the photo package if they can get a refund because what’s the point of pics if you can’t see your faces. Their basing it all on the Shanghai Disney and they over there wear masks majority of the time anyway, so not a huge change for them.

Personally my thoughts it’s a start. At least someone is starting to open so hopefully others will follow suit sooner than later...we shall see....

Oh for pete's sake. I can't believe people. 'If I have to be mildly inconvenienced by doing something that keeps other parkgoers safe, I don't want to go at all.'

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

True fact though working in the medical field the N95 mask is the only mask that is proven to work, so unless they implement that requirement doesn’t do much good. Hence why all the medical professionals need to wear them and are fitted for them. These paper masks and homemade ones don’t cut it. Just saying what I see daily and read daily from work.

Schliterrbahn in Texas got the green light to open.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service