Ticket of a Lifetime

I defaulted to Blue Streak since Mine Ride was not a choice. The other three coasters didn’t exist yet in my case.

Oh great. So now our results are being skewed by 3rd party candidates. Where have I seen this before?

Promoter of fog.

I also chose Bluestreak as I could not remember what my first coaster at CP was. May have actually been Raptor.

Corkscrew at GL was my actual first coaster.. it was oddly not an option.

1 for 13! I'm off the schneid, as it were. Sadly just a $20.20 discounted ticket.. but it's better than nothing.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Kevinj, Jr Gemini for the win here as well. First "real" coaster was Magnum. In 1989. When it was the tallest and fastest. I was 9 years old. My dad laughed at my fear the whole lift. After that drop, I never looked back!

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Iron dragon for me. Ah, the days when the ol' Draggin' Iron was wild and thrilling...

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Call me crazy (or just nostalgic), but I still find a front row ride on Iron Dragon at night to be a worthwhile thrill. Maybe it's because I can't see the color scheme.

Promoter of fog.

The Bat. That is all.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Kevinj, I'm with you on that. I prefer the back seat on Iron Dragon when doing down that first hill. But at night when you can't really see too much and hear the roar or Rougarou above you, it's definitely worth checking out. Especially now that the VR gimmick isn't a thing anymore.

Winner! This is my third win; this time it is the $20.20 discount. That means I now have three of those to play with. Who wants to go to Cedar Point? Oh...right...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

0 for whatever now.. losing track of how many weeks this has been lol

Same boat, Dave! Congrats! Just won for the third time. 1st was $18.70 ticket, 2nd was $20.20 ticket, today was BOGO ticket. Still grinding for that Lifetime ticket!

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe

I say once you have been chosen for the weekly stuff your name is OUT and cant go back in.. it makes it fair for everyone else...

^ You sound like the Cedar Point Facebook comment section.

scott sarah said:

I say once you have been chosen for the weekly stuff your name is OUT and cant go back in.. it makes it fair for everyone else...

The contest is "fair" for everyone just the way it is, the drawings are totally random computer generated. It is nice that some have won multiple prizes, I hope you get something soon.It reminds me of "random" drug testing of employees. I worked for the city for 30 years and had a co-worker that was constantly called for testing, over and over again. I on the otherhand was never drawn for testing until my last two years or so I was drawn twice. Passed! (spelled with an a, not an i)

I'd trade it all for a Ticket of a Lifetime win! 🤣

Joe

The thing is, these $20.20 discounts or $18.70 tickets or BOGOs or whatever cost the park basically nothing. I mean, the $20.20 discount is $0.20 more than the standard cola can discount. BOGOs are even better because now you're going to squeeze two people in for half price each, which again is pretty close to the standard discount. So they can put lots of those weekly prizes out there, have lots and lots of winners, and make the contest that much more exciting.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

^Which is why I'm surprised we haven't seen more BOGO or discounted admission prizes being won. Sure we are a super small sample size and probably doesn't reflect how many people are truly winning.

But due to COVID and missing a significant portion of the season I assumed they would start pumping the discounts out, help motivate people to use them when they do re-open. Extend expiration dates on the prizes through 2021.

Still nothing. 🤨

Interesting that this week's survey asks about water rides...choose from White Water Landing, Thunder Canyon, Snake River Falls, and Shoot the Rapids. The photo indicates the *original* Shoot the Rapids.

I am an instant loser again this week.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service