Rolling Through the Years Book

Yes, you’re allowed to comment and hold opinions. You’re also allowed to keep unproductive and unhelpful comments to yourself. Not only have you disrespected the author and the cover artist, but also those who were unable to afford the limited edition.
I can’t help but wonder why you didn’t just get your preferred edition while the getting was good. There was ample opportunity. Left overs were offered after the original deadline. It’s how I got mine.
I also have a feeling that if the special edition had never been offered to begin with you’d be happy and proud to display this awesome Cedar Point atlas along side your precious and highly curated collection of whatever the hell you're talking about and not feel the difference. Thanks for trying to not sound like an ass but you still do.

Before this goes any farther.

The Limited Edition cover and the Regular Edition cover were both designed by professional graphic designers. The Limited Edition cover was designed by Paul Bonifield and Ashley Spedding of the P&D Department. They also did a rough draft of one that was slightly different focusing on the Space Spiral as the main image. The Regular Edition cover and one other was done by a graphic designer that was working under the table, so I can't give out her name.

When we chose the covers we did test marketing between these four. The vote was divided pretty evenly between the four. We talked with lots of people, including book store purchasing departments. It was almost a coin flip.

We didn't show the Limited Edition covers until the books came in from the printer. Everyone that pre-ordered the book only saw the Regular Edition cover on the website. No one said that we should change the cover or that it was bad. The Limited Edition almost sold out (thanks everyone) irregardless of the cover.

After the books came on the market the vote is still pretty even. I like both covers. It's also already done so moving forward. The weird thing is someone suggested that we make the covers into jigsaw puzzles! (not going to happen by the way)

I think both covers are wonderful and nothing is permanent. New editions can have new covers. I was a book seller for Borders for 8 years and saw my fair share of terrible book covers. Some self published romance titles are just... *shudders* bad...

I apologize for my original comments. The cover is not bad, it is just simply a different style than the Limited Edition Copy. I did not mean to offend the author or the designers, although I acknowledge my poor choice of words may have done so. I should have kept my thoughts to myself and for that I am sorry.

RCMAC...I don't have a precious and highly curated collection. I come from a design background and I am a highly visual person. I've worked in consumer packaging design for 12 years and have an interest in photography/art. I thought one looked better than the other, that's all. Between working from home with 2 children and trying to manage the current situation I missed my chance to buy the Limited Edition. Im sorry to have offended you along with others involved.

Last edited by Bull,

Love my limited-edition cover, but I like the standard edition as well. BTW, I think a jigsaw puzzle of the cover is a great idea. I would buy one!

I do not have the book so I can only base my comments on the pictures of the covers that have been provided. If I only saw the normal cover it would be fine. But comparing it to the limited edition and it is no contest. The limited cover is much more visually impressive in my opinion.

Out of curiosity, are there plans to do periodical updates to the book and release new editions? Hopefully not on the college text book cycle, but maybe once every 5 years or so?

The sadly ironic thing is the last entry. It outlines the plans for the 2020 season.

The game plan is every two years. I am still finding out new information about the history of this great park. We are also planning other books but more on that later.

I just received the regular edition today, and the cover is fantastic. Trust me, it looks OK online but in person it's even better.

Plus, the content is stellar and unprecedented. I think it deserves a spot in any collection.

One day I'll be able to get this book; I'm looking forward to that day because it looks fantastic! Alas, right now I can't spend $100+ on anything I don't absolutely need.

I'm hoping to get it at some point as well. Will it be available in the park shops?

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

That is the game plan.

Hey, 1870PG, assuming that Cedar Point opens this year, and knowing that they announced Town Hall’s grand unveiling will wait until 2021, where would the back-of-park guest services be located?

Your guess is as good as mine. I looked through the windows into the room during Winter Chill and it was bare. If they haven't installed anything then we could set up shop in there. All the computer hookups are there, etc.

Rugrats2001 said:

Hey, 1870PG, assuming that Cedar Point opens this year, and knowing that they announced Town Hall’s grand unveiling will wait until 2021, where would the back-of-park guest services be located?

While a "grand unveiling" may not happen until 2021 that does not mean that still won't have it open or partially open with a temporary wall blocking parts they do not want people accessing. That would be easier IMO that trying to relocate guest services for half a plague shortened season.

The book is available in the Hotel Breakers gift shop

Last edited by 1870 Publishing Group,

I'm going to CP next Friday, July 10. Will the book be available at any of the gift shops in the park? Thanks!

Should be in the Hotel Breakers gift shop, Pagoda, Point Plaza, and possibly the Marina store. I believe you will get a discount with your season pass.

I bought mine on Father's Day at the Hotel Breakers gift shop. I was able to use my Platinum Pass discount.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service