Virus Impact on CP

Thank you for sharing, I was interested to see some of what is being asked. Our platinum passes are from Canada's Wonderland so I don't believe we will get the surveys ourselves.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

I’m taking my whole family to the brand new clinic that opened 1/4 mile from my house to get the antibody test tomorrow. Not the rapid test, the lab test, two vials of blood. I believe my daughter had it but we will see. I haven’t been sick in a year. So if I had it, I was asymptomatic.

Also, I just learned Pointfest was canceled this year. I hope CP is waiving the $50 cancellation fee. That’s always our favorite weekend of the year and we already had a campsite booked

Çp4€và04 said:

Kris,

Thank you for such a thoughtful response. I got thumped Sunday-Wednesday to the point where I don't remember all that much. Mind games, intense shaking, heart POUNDING and zombie like fatigue. But never to my knowledge any breathing problems (Thank God). By day 3 or 4 things get less fuzzy. Friday the fever was gone but having lost 15 pounds my body was drained, so I took an edible got an appetite (Go figure) and had my first meal. On Saturday woke up feeling fantastic, just ate and drank fluids all day, cleaned the house, dishes and actually gained back 10 of the pounds lost. Today still feeling 100%.

The last couple days I've slept 10-12 hours a day. In part because I couldn't for the first 4, I just suffered. A lot of times it felt better to just sit up than lay down. I'll tell ya guys this was one wacky experience filled with all these oddities.

As you all know anyone who's been through this has a different story and now you have mine. If anyone has questions feel free to ask or shoot a PM. Thanks to everyone on here and stay safe!

Hey, thanks for the update! I am really glad to hear it passed quickly, although sorry it was miserable. But thank goodness it did not become one of the more serious cases.

We went through swine flu sometime in the fall of '09. It was awful, the kids fared much better had temp but broke early. I couldn't barely move to get them something to eat, I don't remember what I did but it wasn't much. My husband wouldn't get out of bed for 24 hours and slept straight through that first bad day, not even to go to the bathroom or a drink of water. And I was too weak and sick to really do much to help him as he wouldn't move when I tried to get him out of bed or some water, so then I checked to make sure he was still breathing and responsive. I just remember the kids playing in the hallway while we were sick in separate rooms, my husband in the guest room. So I have a little idea how bad it could be, but we were still able to breathe. The boys were about 4 and 7 then.

Yes, it seems cases can, indeed, vary, I kept an eye on Rep McAdams' case, too, he eventually did go into the hospital, got treated, and was all right afterward. It was many days after initial symptoms, though. I remember initially he said it was low grade temp for a couple days, then the cough with chest constriction and felt awful. Then I guess it was a week or two later the shortness of breath became bad.

Glad to hear you are recovered/recovering.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

^^Hey, GeminiGuy, let us know what you find out. How were you able to get the antibody test ordered? I have heard/read there is a fail rate with some of those, too. But perhaps this blood test might be more accurate then?

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

We got word our community pool will open this summer so I don't know if that means anything for Cedar Point's water park at least. With sunlight and chlorine and mostly kids, they should fare well. I guess if someone starts to drown and needs the lifeguard it could pose a problem as far as any kind of distancing. I don't know specifically what the plan is.

Upside-down Fun House
Kris

So the interesting thing about the survey is this: Universal sent out surveys a month ago and still hasn’t opened other than City Walk. If Cedar Fair is just now sending out similar surveys what does that mean for their timeline for opening? Some of the measures they are asking about will take time to implement.

Dewine said yesterday large amusement-park type water parks (CP and kalahari and Great wolf) would not open yet.......

Wave pools and rivers you really can't social distance in, at least with the waves going.

mgou58 said:

Some of the measures they are asking about will take time to implement.

One would have to think they have already implemented most of what they need to do to safely open, per an article last month in the Sandusky Register:

"In the meantime, Cedar Fair has prepared for its eventual opening by purchasing thousands of masks, plexiglass partitions and working out the strategies best suited for keeping people safe."

That was last month, they are probably even more prepared now.

saratonin22 said:

I thought I'd share a few things that stood out to me as indicators of what's keeping park operators up at night...

If even half of those things are implemented, that just doesn't sound like a great way to spend the day. For my money I'd much rather do basically anything else - hang out at a Metropark, go camping, etc. - than have to deal with scheduled arrivals, no self-serve beverage stations, reduced capacity due to cleaning, temperature taking, clear bags, etc. I love a day at CP as much or more than most, but that's just not my idea of an enjoyable day.

For me, an ideal day at the park starts with rolling out of bed at Breakers when we feel like it, grabbing breakfast at Perkins, then leisurely finding our way into the park. And at the end of the day, grabbing a drink as the kids enjoy the pool back at Breakers. That day seems incompatible with the proposed (and completely understandable) operations they're contemplating.

Brandon

That was the logic in our decision to simply not go when they reopen. It’ll be too constrained and watered down to make it worthwhile. I definitely understand why they’d be so restrictive but we live fifteen minutes away with passes so we are good in waiting awhile. Plus it’ll be madness trying to visit those first few weeks anyhow.

If they do open, we will probably give it a try (certainly won't be going on a 90+ degree day). If for no other reason to look back some day and say we experienced it during an event that we hopefully don't have to go through again.

On a side note, I was surprised to see this from Sorrento Therapeutics out of the blue.

If it works like they think it does, it might help to be part of a treatment/cure along with conferring temporary immunity (weeks? months?) to healthy people. Time will tell as additional testing is needed, but like I said, surprised to see it come out of the blue.

There are other articles on it as well depending on your favorite news sources.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/biotech/story/2020-05-15/sorrento-therapeutics-says-antibody-shows-early-promise-in-fighting-covid-19

The Wife and I are on board with visiting when they open. It truly is our Happy Place and just strolling the grounds helps reduce stress. If we get to ride anything it will be better than the park not being open. We are Platinum holders with all season food, drink, and photo. We both agree that with CF extending all or PP & addons good for 2021, we would be willing to pay for any food when we visit if it helps their 2020.

Ahhhhh C.P. My Happy Place!

djDaemon said:

For me, an ideal day at the park starts with rolling out of bed at Breakers when we feel like it, grabbing breakfast at Perkins, then leisurely finding our way into the park. And at the end of the day, grabbing a drink as the kids enjoy the pool back at Breakers.

Your ideal day at the park and mine sound pretty much identical. Guess time will tell when / if we get to relive those leisurely Breakers wake-ups. In the spirit of optimism, last week I went ahead and made a few reservations at Breakers spaced out throughout the summer so that hopefully we can get a visit or two in if they open! Interestingly, you couldn't book in May, but starting in June, you could.

2 state lawmakers introduce legislation that would immediately reopen Ohio

https://www.cleveland19.com/2020/05/15/state-lawmakers-introduce-le...open-ohio/

Fingers crossed...

Do they even have the votes to over ride an almost certain veto from Dewine?

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

^^Lawmakers can introduce a bill, but the governor has to sign it to become law.

Last edited by DRE420,

Well some good news from the park, they have the yellow train on MF now. But it is so odd being here and nothing going on. No sounds, no nothing.

Last edited by DSShives,

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

That nonsense is all about getting votes, which is sad, because in an ideal world, we'd vote for people who respect science and expertise.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service