Rides that might be removed in the next few years

I would be really happy with a small GG family woodie similar to Oscar's Wacky Taxi by Windseeker. Extended a little bit to allow 2 or even 3 train op. Like Kentucky Flyer. Those rides are fuuuun.

But agree, while I do see WT on the chopping block (as is Possessed, or whatever it's called now at Dorney). Any plans to remove it are probably on hold. I wouldn't waste any time trying to decipher "clues" about 2021. They have a whole season worth of new events, parades, restaurants and a boat ride which may now be the 2021 addition as we may not get to experience them in 2020 at all.

I honestly do not see any significant capex for any CF park until 2022 or even 2023 at the earliest. Unless a miracle happens and the park can open by July 4th.

From what I understand they really want to save that space for Entertainment so as long as the park is focusing on building up that department I doubt that space will be used for a ride.

Paisley said:

I'm guessing the land Vortex sits on is probably easier to fit a new attraction on than the land Corkscrew sits on so that would make them less likely to invest in it if something major needs repair.

100% of corkscrew was in a larger area and did not cross over the midway so iconicly it would already be gone.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Just Coasting said:

Say goodbye to the 2021 new record breaking wood coaster or whatever you believe it to be.

No, they will still make additions in 2021 and so on, maybe just not super bigger things until 2023.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

I still stand by what I've said since even before Steel Vengeance.

I'd give up 5 years of any new rides or attractions for a men's room that has decent ventilation and doesn't give me the gags or make me high tail it to Breakers or Famous Dave's if I need to have an after lunch extended sit down.

^Do not set expectations for 2021 additions until we see what kind of season we have.

No season = no new additions. Why? Cause there is no need, everything CF invested in for 2020 will be brand new to all guests in 2021.

If we have any sort of season, I still wouldn't expect 2021 additions of any magnitude larger than a repainted food stall. They've already guaranteed reduced season pass revenue for 2021 as passes are now valid through December 2021. There just will not be the funds, and CF spends wisely.

I would bet $1 and a beer at the park anything planned for 2021 is being pushed back to 2022 or 2023 chain wide. Again it really does depend on what kind of season we have, and I will gladly eat crow if I am wrong. And gladly admit that I am wrong.

Major attraction additions are planned four to five years ahead, as that is the typical lead time for production. With fabricators doing nothing right now, just do the math...

^^^ You'd trade SV for cleaner restrooms???

Ha! No!
It's a dirty place for dirty business.
And if you're going in for an "extended sit down" then you, good sir, are part of the problem.

But all jokes aside, paradise awaits you on Adventure Island.
Brand new, luxurious, single-serve, unisex restrooms.

Dutchman said:

Major attraction additions are planned four to five years ahead, as that is the typical lead time for production. With fabricators doing nothing right now, just do the math...

In addition to manufacturing lead time, there's the planning, design, and engineering behind a project that comes first.

For the most part, my work's clients are having us continue business as normal. Making a knee jerk reaction and pulling the plug temporarily for a couple months could end up setting back their project back twice as long as that or maybe longer. They'd then be behind when things do return to normal and potentially missing out on making money.

But if the goal is to set the project back because of cost then that is exactly why you would do it. Regardless of where the project is on the timeline, stopping the project can save money now (when the park is hurting) and it can be resumed when financially smart. Or if need be, outright cancelled.

WolfBobs said:

If we have any sort of season, I still wouldn't expect 2021 additions of any magnitude larger than a repainted food stall. They've already guaranteed reduced season pass revenue for 2021 as passes are now valid through December 2021. There just will not be the funds, and CF spends wisely.

Not only does CF spends wisely, they were talking about paying down debt & getting leverage below4 on the Q4 conf call . They took on 500M debt in 2019 & net 536M more from Covid. The new agreement also has the debt covenants kicking back in and by Q4 2021 they are suppose to be below 3.75X. To get the leverage down they have to increase EBIDTA, decrease debt in some combination. Don't expect 2021 to boom in Revenue, thus EBIDTA since passes & products are extended. So, actual paying debt down will likely be occurring. Hence, the big Capex cuts or suspensions planned in 2020 & 2021 to reduce costs. Dividend is suspended now & may be thru 2021. If they bring it back in 2021, it will be greatly reduced from the 7% pre Covid. There will be no or much lower dividend in the short term thru 2021 to pay down debt.

Nobody is going to the park because they have nice bathrooms. Nobody is buying a new bathroom t-shirt. Go in, take a **** and get the hell outta there!

No. But people may go (to the park) more frequently and have a more positive outlook on their overall experience when those things are top condition. Which leads to repeat business and happy customers.

You've got Kinzel mentality there. People gotta s--t.

Last edited by Cartwright,

And that kind of stuff is exactly why I haven't gone back to certain parks after my first visit. Got my rides in on the coasters, never returned due to poor operations.

I believe the restrooms are important enough to the point where if they announced for next year that all the 150 stuff is the "new stuff" and the only other thing would be modernized restrooms across the park, I'd be ecstatic.

Several of them are in REALLY bad shape as of 2019 during our visits. I appreciated Jason answering a question about them at our session at 2020 Chill Out, saying the budget went into other areas and new restrooms for Forbidden Frontier and Lighthouse Point, but I think it needs to be a major priority. If you ever use the new Camp Snoopy restroom at Carowinds just to the right of Harmony Hall's main entrance, it's night and day. If that were the quality of the 12 or so main restrooms at Cedar Point I believe it would significantly improve the overall guest experience.

Last edited by James Parker jr,

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Am I the only one that walks over to the Breakers and takes their daily s*** there? Because I've been doing that for years. They keep those public bathrooms pretty clean.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

You park poopers better diaper up.
All public restrooms will remain closed this season due to the virus.

For anyone thinking restroom quality doesn't matter- imagine a gas station bathroom. Like, an out of the way gas station. Middle of nowhere gas station. Maybe it was the only facilities for miles so there was no other choice- I mean sure you dudes can pee just about anywhere but us without the benefit of built in hoses don't have that luxury, and you can't just crap wherever you want either.

Do you really want to stay the whole day at a place where the only means to answer the call of nature is THAT nasty? I mean granted even the worst of CP's bathrooms as is aren't quite that bad, but they could be if they aren't regularly updated. Sometimes the real value of a place is in the nuts and bolts. Sure, a new hyper mega giga coaster is great, but sometimes you don't need that. Sometimes you need paint. And landscaping. And yes, bathrooms.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

Sollybeast said:

and you can't just crap wherever you want either.

You should have been in Scouts. There is a mile long beach out there. :D

I was in Scouts. We sold cookies, we didn't poop on beaches XD

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service