2020 Season Pass

Knott's Berry Farm just posted that 2020 season passes will be valid until December 31, 2021.

Standard, Gold, And Platinum.

https://www.knotts.com/passholder-update

I wonder if other parks in the chain will follow suit. If it applies to platinum, I think it would have to be done chainwide. All other passes are park specific. Although, I think it's extreme to add an entire year onto a pass when they haven't even been closed a month yet. That tells me they are anticipating a lengthy closure. But it's also likely a customer retention measure. Those that bought passes early may think twice now about buying early. But nobody saw this coming and it's extremely rare. And even after this pandemic is over, alot of people may still be out of work so they want to keep many people in the gates if they have a "free" pass with add-ons, they will continue to go to the park as long as getting there isn't a challenge. This is unprecedented and there's no past examples to follow. I would expect other parks in the chain to make announcements closer to their anticipated opening days.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I think this is a very good idea. I live in MN and the city of Minneapolis has already closed all beaches and public pools for the entire summer since they don’t feel they could control social distancing.

I would love to hope we would be back to normal in the next month or two, but I don’t think it is realistic. It makes it easier to know that all the money I spent for 2020 will be able to be used in 2021.

My guess is it's a goodwill gesture, knowing that even if they reopen in June or July not everyone will feel comfortable going right away. I see the response for the rest of the parks depending on when they reopen. They likely won't want to give away a whole season if they reopen in June. But if the season is essentially Haunt only, then I'd assume they will and it would get you into any 2020 dates that do happen.

This season is going to be really iffy for me. Even though I already purchased the 2020 Hersheypark King Size pass and the Holiday World Platinum passes, I can't say I believe that this virus will be gone very soon and allow me to use them. Considering I have an immune system issue, I highly doubt I can trust going to amusement parks unless an antibody test comes out along with a vaccine. Hopefully, many parks follow KBF's lead and allow people to wait a year.

I am curious if we will be allowed to keep making payments on the EasyPay plan or whatever it’s called. When I renewed in January the Canadian conversion rate was 1.3 now it up to 1.4 so even better. It could go upside down if I have to wait a year to pay it off. High stakes here.

The Make Me Whole Again Department sure will have a confusing call from me if does. 🤣

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

Cargo Shorts what does the Canadian exchange rate have to do with Knott’s suspending payments? Unless you live in Canada and bought a Knott’s pass...

ROUNDABOUND.

A Platinum Pass is a Platinum Pass and all add-ons are extended through 2021. Doesn’t matter where you bought it. 🖖

Gold Passholders at various other parks are currently left wondering, hoping, praying, anxious.

Not exactly how I would have rolled this out, but I am sure CF has their reasons.

Well, a payment was processed for my platinum pass today, so this definitely hasn't taken effect yet chain wide for Platinum Passes. lol

Cargo Shorts said:

A Platinum Pass is a Platinum Pass and all add-ons are extended through 2021. Doesn’t matter where you bought it. 🖖

The notion all Platinum passes are included is not stated at this time. Yes, they do know where your pass is bought & your "home park". (it's encoded when they scan it for any reason), so it is no problem to make this benefit just for Knotts.

Last edited by CED23,

If they don't do this chain wide, I can see lots of people individually contacting customer service either for a refund or to ask if their passes can be shifted to summer 2021. My family has been passholders for years now, and renewed at the end of last season. We love coming out to the park (and my son is super stoked that he is now tall enough to ride the Iron Dragon), but even if the all-clear is given to resume normal business sometime in June, I am not sure I'll feel comfortable going into a place with that many people any time soon.

AndyG said:

If they don't do this chain wide, I can see lots of people individually contacting customer service either for a refund or to ask if their passes can be shifted to summer 2021. My family has been passholders for years now, and renewed at the end of last season. We love coming out to the park (and my son is super stoked that he is now tall enough to ride the Iron Dragon), but even if the all-clear is given to resume normal business sometime in June, I am not sure I'll feel comfortable going into a place with that many people any time soon.

People have no rights to refunds. Like many things. nobody reads what they agree to..ie..Paypal or any other service agreement. Anything parks do is out of "goodwill", the actual agreement as a passholder entitles us to nothing.

>

People have no rights to refunds. Like many things. nobody reads what they agree to..ie..Paypal or any other service agreement. Anything parks do is out of "goodwill", the actual agreement as a passholder entitles us to nothing.

I'm not saying it's a "right", I'm saying it's probably a bad PR look for CP to not to be accommodating to people who have been loyal customers who are legitimately afraid that a vacation to the their park might kill them.

Lets see with my Platinum Pass,

I would have been at Carowinds and Kings Dominion 2X each already.

Kings Island in the Month of April, easily 6 times with the introduction of ORION.

The point of paying a premium for the Platinum pass is that you can use it at other parks that were supposed to be open.

So I see Cedar Fair making this across the board for all platinum pass holders.

Did Kings Island even have six operating days scheduled for this month?

They did, opening Friday, April 10th.

Just Coasting said:

They did, opening Friday, April 10th.

Passholder Preview was the 10th, Opening Day was Saturday the 11th.

That means I would have been there 7 days then.

Just received an email from Cedar Point that payment plans have been suspended on my season passes that I purchased through Cedar Point!

Posted this in the other thread, but Canada’s Wonderland has not suspended payments and processed mine today at an even better exchange rate.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service