Dark ride?

I think regardless of how we got here, Cedar Point working with Intamin has brought us some of the best coasters on Earth. Millennium Force is now 20 years old and still one of the parks best rides. Even it cost more to maintain, it has people coming back to the park year after year and spending money. Ferraris cost alot of money, and they require alot of costly maintenance. But driving that is alot better than driving a Mustang GT

So, you didn't really want an explanation, you just want to keep saying 'I wants an Intamin!'.

Got it.

I think the only coaster Cedar Point is truly lacking is a modern wooden coaster, and given that Intamin hasn’t built one in over a decade, there must be something that parks don’t like about them, so I highly doubt with Cedar Point being as conservative as they are, that they would opt for a prefab woodie - plus they essentially got a modern wooden coaster with SV. At least a wooden coaster in the eyes of most visitors. What are the other coaster types people have been screaming for? Flyer? Intamin doesn’t make them. The only real product they offer that has a spotlight on it right now is a multi launcher, and lord knows Cedar Point doesn’t need another launching coaster.

Plus, MrJohn, it not like Cedar Point says “gee, should we build an ultra-extreme thrill coaster or a dark ride? Gosh, we can’t figure out what our clientele likes!” They’re two completely different experiences that would have data behind why they’re going one direction or another.

Last edited by CPVet,

MrJohnJLewis said:

And after all of that if you still don't understand my point...

And that's... our fault?

Any kind of dark ride at Cedar Point < Working with Intamin again

Or, they could do both if that's what they thought the market wanted and would result in the return on investment that they're targeting. Or, they could work with Mack or Premier Rides or Gerstlauer or S&S or... you get the idea.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

The inspiration of this post comes from watching videos on YouTube or listening to podcasts of people speculating about what CP will do next. And from what I seen, an overwhelming amount of people say a dark ride

Since when are Youtubers and Podcasts a reliable source of what will actually happen? How do they know?

I rode 2 Mack coasters on my recent vaction. I stopped at Winterfest at Carowinds on my way to Florida and rode Copperhead Strike. It was a great ride. It delivered the Intamin experience without all the downtime. And I rode Slinky Dog Dash at Disney Hollywood Studios. Another great ride. Although, it was more of a family type coaster it was still fun. I think CP could use something like that. If the park wants more launch type coasters, I would think they would go with Mack.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Obviously they don't know what will actually happen, I said it was all speculation. Many people on this website say or wish things to happen and many of us are wrong. I'm just saying that CP should try mending the relationship with Intamin over all other options. Regardless of who's fault it is

So you’ve said. Noted.

They should bring back the tubs if they are going to work with intamin again. The tubs are just miniature versions of the boats on thunder canyon. Intamin could create those without a problem. I agree no darks rides until I get my tubs back.

What’s even worse is they have now taken out my favorite fountain so all my memories involving water in that area are gone.

I take it there were no Kinzel Cups back then?

Likely a reference to the splash pad?

Agreed that it is disappointing that the fountain is gone

Personally, parks that offer more than just coasters are a lot more fun to me. Which is why CP has been slowly falling from the top of my favorite park lists. I like being able go on multiple experiences. There are a lot of attractions I would like to see come in to Point before any next major coaster (not including family coasters).

I would love to see a dark ride experience, a flying theater type experience (think Soaring at Disney), a traditional log flume. I think Point is lacking in modern flat rides and wouldn't mind seeing some of the rides like a Mondial Top Scan or Blender, or a Gerstlauer Sky Roller.

I would be okay with 5 or so years of other rides and improvements before we see another major coaster. I am also not opposed to a Kiddy Kingdom renovation or Planet Snoopy expansion that adds a family coaster.

Any of these would be vastly improve the overall experience of the park to me then just another huge coaster, and I doubt Intamin will be the manufacturer of choice any time soon.

MrJohnJLewis said:

Obviously they don't know what will actually happen, I said it was all speculation. Many people on this website say or wish things to happen and many of us are wrong. I'm just saying that CP should try mending the relationship with Intamin over all other options. Regardless of who's fault it is

Why should they try to mend a relationship that isn’t needed and wasn’t valued by the other party? Intamin puts out a fun but subpar product and then doesn’t provide good follow up service when it’s needed. Other companies can deliver the same level of fun with a higher quality and better follow up service. Just because you are hung up on Intamin and refuse to listen to what literally everyone else has said in response doesn’t mean Cedar Point should do it.

A traditional log flume ride that does NOT EVER get the riders soaked, and that can fit larger and taller people than the coasters because of its lack of restrictive restraints, would be a HUGE hit, even into Halloweekends.

Last edited by Rugrats2001,

^Log flumes are very popular at every park I ever go to that still have one. Recently BGW spent a lot of money refurbishing theirs. They're proven at pleasing crowds of all ages, and I have never really gotten soaked on any flume I've ridden. Mack and Zamperla still make them, and they don't flip trapping riders upside down (like Intamin!). I would love to see one, mix in some dark ride elements and interact with Adventure Island. I think it would really be perfect. Possibly even replace Snake River Falls for the station and queue area and have it go out onto the island.

Is it to early to start the nominations for the most confusing thread of the year?

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

No, but I definitely agree. People really need to stop flying drones in/around the park.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

^Post Of a The Month. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

According to some Lemon Chill Guys, the park will be getting a dark ride. OP just wants an Intamin coaster to be made whole again but said new coaster would open a few weeks late because Intamin installed half the components upside down.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service