Dark ride?

I am not sure I understand the obsession with saying that CP needs a dark ride? That just seems unnecessary. We used to have Disaster Transport, and I can say that I certainly don't miss it. Yes the idea of having something indoors while it's raining or an ride with air conditioning sounds great and everything but it certainly is NOT on my must have list. In my opinion Cedar Point should bring in an Intamin roller coaster. I know people say they have a strained relationship, and I am not entirely clear why. But if you were to rank the top coasters:

1. Steel Vengeance (RMC)

2. Maverick (Intamin)

3. Millennium Force (Intamin)

4. Top Thrill Dragster (Intamin)

Now of course this is my opinion, 3 of MY top 4 coasters are Intamin, and I believe the general public would not disagree all that much. So why would you not try and mend that relationship and make another GREAT coaster

It's not a binary situation.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Intamin rides are maintenance disasters and have injured and killed people. Combine that with the reported customer service they deliver, it doesn't matter how much fun Maverick and Millennium Force are. There's no need to work with them again. It doesn't stop Maverick and Millennium Force from being fun, it just makes sense to no longer work with the company.

What you want may not be what the park wants. I think there's plenty of coasters. The park lacks in alot of other areas such as family attractions, dark rides and others. I think they should focus on those areas before putting in another coaster.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Fast Lane Plus only rides:

Millennium Force (intamin)

Maverick (intamin)

Top Thrill Dragster (intamin)

Steel Vengeance (RMC)

There is likely very good reason and stats as to why the park chooses these as the only plus rides.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Yes, because they have the lowest hourly capacity and throughput. But I think they should've kept Valravn as a plus ride.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian

And yet Millennium Force is at or near the top of the list for ridership every year...

ROUNDABOUND.

Thabto said:

Yes, because they have the lowest hourly capacity and throughput. But I think they should've kept Valravn as a plus ride.

Now I get it... nothing says amusement park management genius quite like “Hey team, lets take our worst performing rides and charge an extra 25-30%!!”

The Intamin coasters have been proven to be fan favorites year after year. Yes Gatekeeper and Valravn are good coaster by B&M but they are mainly just lineup boosters. They have maintenance issues? Millennium Force is now 20 years old and STILL one of the best rides in the park. Nobody will be saying that about Gatekeep or Valravn. Intamin makes some of the best coasters, and I think they should work together again. Please forget about this dark ride family ride thing

CP has repeatedly proven they have the budgets to build world class coasters. Do they have the budget necessary or IP to enhance a dark ride experience to make world class dark rides that the Mouse and Universal have perfected?
since Mr. Ouimet’s Amusement Dark rollout seems to have stalled years ago, likely not.

When people are standing in line, they're not spending money therefore the park isn't making money. So charge extra money to reduce wait times in line on those attractions

Brian

I know people say they have a strained relationship, and I am not entirely clear why.

So why would you not try and mend that relationship and make another GREAT coaster

The relationship strain does not come from the parks end, and Intamin has made it clear they don't give a **** about that relationship.

If it's not coming from CP then what is the problem? Intamin doesn't want to be paid millions of dollars to make another world class coaster? Doesn't make sense...

I'm confused.

The post opens with questioning the possibility of a dark ride, and ends with a proclamation that Cedar Fair should mend fences with Intamin.

And Disaster Transport was not a dark ride.

Want to know what else doesn't make sense? A "world-class" company treating their world-class client(s) like ****.

And Shoot the Rapids.

And Chewbacca.

And the first post in this thread.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I don't follow what this is about either.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Thabto said:

When people are standing in line, they're not spending money therefore the park isn't making money. So charge extra money to reduce wait times in line on those attractions

Charging extra money to reduce wait times does absolutely nothing to change how many people are waiting in line not spending money.
Only thing that would change that, would be the park returning to focusing on capacity.

That's absolutely untrue. They spent money to virtually queue, and then can be spending on other things during that time.

It's a bit of an exaggeration, but I feel like if you've ridden one B&M coaster you've ridden them all. They just aren't that exciting and it feels like every turn feels the same. Now I like some of their rides to be sure, but the park's Intamin rides, despite some of their issues, are a whole lot more fun in my opinion.

I realize that Intamin and CP had a bitter divorce and they won't be working together any time soon. I was really happy to see CP use RMC, and would love to see them work with someone other than B&M on their next big coaster, whenever that may be. Just for the sake of variety.

For those of you who are not following the point... When I read or watch people's opinions about what Cedar Point should do next; many people say bring in a dark ride. Disaster Transport was originally an outdoor coaster and then converter to an enclosed coaster with space theming and lights. That qualifies as a dark ride to me. When you ride a coaster and it's gimmick is that it indoors and has lights, that's what it is. A gimmick. So where I am going with this is, instead of putting a "dark ride" or any variation of the sort in Cedar Point; why not put in a coaster made by the same company that has some of the parks best coasters already in it... People talk about the strained relationship, and it isn't entirely clear to me why there are problems.

And after all of that if you still don't understand my point...

Any kind of dark ride at Cedar Point < Working with Intamin again

Let's say you're buying a product, we'll call it X. You give the money for X, but you get Y. Y isn't quite what you expected. Maybe it needs fixing more often than they said it would, maybe you get it there and get it setup and have to tear part of it down because it's not satisfactory, maybe it costs way more in maintenance than they projected it would, maybe part of it flips upside down and almost kills people. For whatever reason, it isn't the X you thought your were paying for. So you go to the company and say "hey, we like Y, but we really, really wanted X, what's up with that"? And the company turns around and says, "you got Y, go pound sand". And this happens repeatedly.
Eventually you stop buying stuff from that company.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service